Beauty in the eye of the beholder?

Friendstar

hey....

I've been hearing raving feedback from my friends on how amazing and wondrous the Alfa 8C and Merc SLS AMG look.

but when i spoke to them on a personal basis... they told me that their impressions have been highly influenced by the car magazines, esp those from UK and US.

Imho, i think these two rides look horrendously ugly.

I've no doubt that these two cars will give you the ride of your life, but aesthetically, they don't look appealing to me.

As compared to mercedes SL.

and Alfa Brera.

SLS-AMG-leaked.jpg

vs

mercedes-benz-sl-63-amg.jpg

================================================================================

================

alfaromeo8c.jpg

vs

picture_Alfa_Romeo_Brera_S_2009_1.jpg

Your opinions?

Edited by Friendstar
↡ Advertisement

Things that are unreacheable are mostly lust after.

Just ask those millionaires who owned Lambo and Farrari, they might not think that SLS or Brera is great, as they can afford it. And is entitled to think one step more then normal people.

For me..if anyone can give me a SLS, I will suck their body part for one full year!

to be honest... i think the murcielago looks like crap compared to the gallardo.

btw Simon, SLS is in same league as Ferrari and Lambo

but ya i think SLS looks terrible compared to the SL

Edited by Cerano

hey....

I've been hearing raving feedback from my friends on how amazing and wondrous the Alfa 8C and Merc SLS AMG look.

but when i spoke to them on a personal basis... they told me that their impressions have been highly influenced by the car magazines, esp those from UK and US.

Imho, i think these two rides look horrendously ugly.

I've no doubt that these two cars will give you the ride of your life, but aesthetically, they don't look appealing to me.

As compared to mercedes SL.

and Alfa Brera.

vs

================================================================================

================

vs

Your opinions?

I love the looks of both the SLS and 8C over the SL and Brera (to be honest I even prefer the 159 to the brera exterior looks wise).

The SLS is damn retro looking yet with a modern touch :wub: Its like the ba$tard child of a GTR and old gullwing 300SL

As for the 8C, tell me if you prefer the car in my pic over your pic of the IMHO pudgy looking brera

alfa-8c.jpg

I take it you don't really like retro looking stuff though, coz thats what both the 8C and SLS do have in common looks wise.

Edited by Elfenstar

beauty is really in the eye of the beholder..

like TS, I also think the merc SL is better looking than the gullwing SLS which somehow looks to be an 80s retro car

I like the looks of both the alfa but actually prefer the 8C look more

too bad 8C is fully snapped up round the world liao....

Makes no difference to sg. Although we were allocated one, it wasn't available in RHD

Edited by Elfenstar

all the alfas look good except the mito hatchback which is fugly despite being an alfa

As per the TS. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I love the mito [laugh] I really don't like the brera's back and side though

too bad 8C is fully snapped up round the world liao....

you can still buy it from EA. there are 2 units in singapore that are available for sale. But being LHD, usage is limited.

As for look wise.. i like any of the cars TS posted.. and yes.. the 8C looks a lot better up close... have time, do visit EA to molest them.. heard the rims alone cost nearly 18k EUR.

Edited by Chrispie
↡ Advertisement