Any XC60 Owners out there

Macluver

Generally, the Volvo family has higher fuel consumption as the body of the car is very solid. I bought a Volvo because of the safety (perceived?) aspect. Compared to the other Conti, I feel that the engine and the drive for my Volvo is no where near the Audi/BMW; but like I say, I feel more safe in the Volvo [:)] .

Hi everyone, I have the new XC60 for about 7 months. Everything was good except for the fuel consumption which is 6-7km/lit that is very discouraging to enjoy the high specs of this SUV.

My friend shared with me that he had his BMW 523i software tuned by some freelance engineers and it improves the fuel economy a lot. I wonder if anyone had any experience about this and if there is such a program for Volvo?

Thanks to share.

• Praise 1

Generally, the Volvo family has higher fuel consumption as the body of the car is very solid. I bought a Volvo because of the safety (perceived?) aspect. Compared to the other Conti, I feel that the engine and the drive for my Volvo is no where near the Audi/BMW; but like I say, I feel more safe in the Volvo [:)] .

Volvo for life :wub:

Has anyone gotten or tested the latest XC60 facelifted since last year?

FWD for the car of this size is quite strange as its quite heavy as well, 1.7+ ton.

Do share as I am adding this in my list of car selection. Gotta make a choice...

As mentioned earlier in this thread, I equate Volvo to safety and not so much how it handles. This is especially so for SUV in general. This is part of the reason why I shelved the idea of getting the Macan but settled instead for a coupe as I realized SUV-driving is not as enjoyable as a sedan or coupe...

I used to drive the YOM2012 XC60 and really enjoyed the feeling of being safe when my family and I were in it. However, the ride and drive is nothing to shout about. Petrol consumption wise, my current in-line 6 consumes the equivalent amount of petrol compared to the XC60!

Are you currently already on a SUV or a sedan/coupe? If you are someone that is into how well the car handles more than anything, maybe you want to look more for a sedan? But if you don't mind SUV, maybe you want to test the X3 or Q5 as well to compare?

FWD for the car of this size is quite strange as its quite heavy as well, 1.7+ ton.

Do share as I am adding this in my list of car selection. Gotta make a choice...

As mentioned earlier in this thread, I equate Volvo to safety and not so much how it handles. This is especially so for SUV in general. This is part of the reason why I shelved the idea of getting the Macan but settled instead for a coupe as I realized SUV-driving is not as enjoyable as a sedan or coupe...

I used to drive the YOM2012 XC60 and really enjoyed the feeling of being safe when my family and I were in it. However, the ride and drive is nothing to shout about. Petrol consumption wise, my current in-line 6 consumes the equivalent amount of petrol compared to the XC60!

Are you currently already on a SUV or a sedan/coupe? If you are someone that is into how well the car handles more than anything, maybe you want to look more for a sedan? But if you don't mind SUV, maybe you want to test the X3 or Q5 as well to compare?

Hmmm...i got that feel as well when I did the test drive...solid & heavy feel

Nose dived a bit when cornering as compared to the other AWD SUVs..

Currently driving a hatchback..AWD version but already on the way out as I manage to secure buyer.

My wife liked the space of SUV...

Liked the Q5 but slightly over-priced for this model. X3 could be a choice [:)]

(edited)

not strange, nowadays most SUV all only FWD, because Fuel price cannot tahan,

My friend owns a AWD XC90, FC only 5km/L,

thinking to give up it

except Subaru and Audi are expert of AWD, even if some SUVs state they are AWD, it's not real,

Edited by Quantum

not strange, nowadays most SUV all only FWD, because Fuel price cannot tahan,

My friend owns a AWD XC90, FC only 5km/L,

thinking to give up it

except Subaru and Audi are expert of AWD, even if some SUVs state they are AWD, it's not real,

well..i used to own a Subaru S-GT..can only get about 8km/l..& its a much more smaller car

XC90 is too huge a car for me but its good for family usage..

saying that, which SUV does not drinks fuel like water [:)]

want to get SUV must take this consequence liao..

European SUV makes i know of that offers 2WD is XC60, Tiguan 1.4, X1 (RWD)...bo liao..the rest AWD..

U r right about it...my wife thinks SUV look just like trucks...just a little bit more pleasant to the eyes :D

In Europe, most (or even all) the SUVs on the road are diesels..good drive and lots of torque..

Unfortunately, the ADs here do not import a lot of those in SG..

I personally like the XC60 a lot. Now that it comes with the super smooth T5 Drive engine with 8 speed automatic, you can expect fuel consumption to improve by a fair bit. Waiting for owners of this new model to share with us their fuel consumption figures. :wub:

I have tested the XC60 T5 (ecoboost engine) before and i have to say the power is sufficient. What i like about the XC60 is the quality feel of the interior, safety features and the design. After testing, i went to take a look at the BMW X3. I didn't even test it because there are a few crucial areas which i really dislike. Yes the X3 has more rear legroom, a huge sunroof and should drive better (though reviews say it doesn't drive like what a BMW should), the choice of materials used in the cabin cannot even be compared to the Volvo XC60. Open the boot and feel the boot lining... it feels cheap and thin. The seats are so flat and unsupportive, made worse by the dakota leather which doesn't feel as luxurious as the soft leather used in the XC60 (though the soft leather will show lots of creases more easily with frequent contact). The doors feel thin and the car feels less solid than the XC60. Since I spend a lot of time inside my car, the choice of materials used matters to me. Overall, though it is priced more expensively than the Volvo, it feels like a cheaper car.

• Praise 1

Have actually tested both the 6 & the 8 auto..

Seriously speaking, power wise..I do not see much of the difference.

FC wise, 8 speeder would definitely be a bit better than the 6.

But I am going for the 6...hahaha..

Supercharged

Looking forward to the new XC90! but I am pretty surprise that XC90 crash test is not as good as XC60.

Looking forward to the new XC90! but I am pretty surprise that XC90 crash test is not as good as XC60.

XC90 will be released next year, according to my SE...

Interior looks cool..wonder how the exterior looks like...

Anyway too big for me :) will wait for my XC60

but I am pretty surprise that XC90 crash test is not as good as XC60.

Bro, anywhere I can read up about this comparison? Did a search online but couldn't find any comparisons done.

Supercharged
(edited)

Bro, anywhere I can read up about this comparison? Did a search online but couldn't find any comparisons done.

I maybe wrong see for yourself

XC60

http://www.iihs.org/iihs/ratings/vehicle/v/volvo/xc60

XC90 has below missing

Front crash

prevention

ca_5.png
Superior
with optional

equipment

2014 Mercedes E class 4-door sedan this one best...

Edited by Heman75

Supercharged

If you are comparing the current XC90, it is a 10yrs old car. How to compared with the newer XC60.

not comparing la just sharing.. incase got ppl want to know..

↡ Advertisement