• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
54 replies to this topic | 22 praises

Posted 21 September 2010 - 12:54 PM

Vid
  • Premium member
    Vid
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Was recommended brisk spark plugs by a couple of workshops. Are they any good? Anyone use before? One of them told me can last up to 60k. Is it true?

Posted 21 September 2010 - 01:18 PM

Kiario
  • Premium member
    Kiario
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

i using them, actually not much difference, maybe in the beginning you will feel shiok, but then, i believe even if you just change stock spark plug, you will also feel shiok in the initial stage.

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 21 September 2010 - 01:28 PM

Kelvingoh45
  • Premium member
    Kelvingoh45
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Was recommended brisk spark plugs by a couple of workshops. Are they any good? Anyone use before? One of them told me can last up to 60k. Is it true?

U pay more can last longer lor......
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 21 September 2010 - 01:29 PM

Spinworkx
  • Spinworkx
    4th Gear
    Author Image

It's not bad but 60k? NO way..
I changed mine at 20k and it's expensive so i ended up just going back to iridium plugs which last alot longer than Brisk.
Brisk is also not cheap...you're better off getting cheaper and longer lasting plugs.

brisk do give that little extra power in the beginning but because those plugs burn out faster, after a while, end up feeling the same also...

Yewheng praised this
Civic FD2M - Eclipse CD7100 - Morel Supremo - Morel Elate 6 Mid - Hustler Tube Amp AR75.2 x3 - DB Drive 1500.1 - DB Drive PLT12D2 - MIT ExP/VDH/Belden

Posted 21 September 2010 - 01:39 PM

Mini-itx
  • Mini-itx
    Banned

ITs way overpriced. Not worth the money. And it doesn't last.

Posted 21 September 2010 - 01:58 PM

Tianmo
  • Premium member
    Tianmo
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

U pay more can last longer lor......

but many times I pay more but cum faster leh laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
芸芸人海,罪孽深重,神佛不渡,唯我魔渡

with the spirit of the MCF tiko club..............We are................ TIKO RANGERS!!!

Posted 21 September 2010 - 02:01 PM

Vid
  • Premium member
    Vid
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

hahaha... thanks everyone for the feedback. i know what to get now wink.gif

Posted 21 September 2010 - 05:13 PM

Kelvingoh45
  • Premium member
    Kelvingoh45
    4th Gear
    Author Image

but many times I pay more but cum faster leh laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Pay more can cum 2 times
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Posted 21 September 2010 - 09:23 PM

Tianmo
  • Premium member
    Tianmo
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Pay more can cum 2 times
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif thumbsup.gif
芸芸人海,罪孽深重,神佛不渡,唯我魔渡

with the spirit of the MCF tiko club..............We are................ TIKO RANGERS!!!

Posted 21 September 2010 - 09:28 PM

Yuan
  • Premium member
    Yuan
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

hahaha... thanks everyone for the feedback. i know what to get now wink.gif

Get iridium plugs. Brands like Denso and NGK are lasting and they are established in the industry.
Yewheng and 1 Anonymous member praised this
|1994|Legum Baccalaureus-Legum Magister|Financial Prudence|HDB|MedisaveApproveIntegratedPlan-Insurance|Manchester United FC|Genuine Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Specifications-Parts-Accessories|Suzuki Swift GS|Mitsubishi Lancer CS 3|Volkswagen Golf MKVI|Audi A4B9|

Posted 21 September 2010 - 09:37 PM

Tianmo
  • Premium member
    Tianmo
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

somehow I find the stock copper plugs cheap and good leh. heard some can tahan until 30K km.

but I take out at 8k km. smile.gif
芸芸人海,罪孽深重,神佛不渡,唯我魔渡

Posted 21 September 2010 - 10:17 PM

Yuan
  • Premium member
    Yuan
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

somehow I find the stock copper plugs cheap and good leh. heard some can tahan until 30K km.

but I take out at 8k km. smile.gif

It is good to check the plugs when servicing your car. biggrin.gif
|1994|Legum Baccalaureus-Legum Magister|Financial Prudence|HDB|MedisaveApproveIntegratedPlan-Insurance|Manchester United FC|Genuine Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Specifications-Parts-Accessories|Suzuki Swift GS|Mitsubishi Lancer CS 3|Volkswagen Golf MKVI|Audi A4B9|

Posted 21 September 2010 - 10:26 PM

Tianmo
  • Premium member
    Tianmo
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

haha, i no check leh, i use cheap cheap plug, ri ji gao, teo dai liao! laugh.gif
芸芸人海,罪孽深重,神佛不渡,唯我魔渡

Posted 21 September 2010 - 11:11 PM

Vid
  • Premium member
    Vid
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

How to check the plugs? Every time I service my car at 10k interval, workshop sure say need to change. Dunno real or not since i just listen. Been using iridium since a long time ago but not cheap if have to change every 10k. That's why tempted to change to brisk if it can last longer but from the bros here, it seems i better stick with the ones i have.

Posted 22 September 2010 - 10:28 AM

Good-Carbuyer

I like to believe all spark plugs can last as long, if the engine is in order (ever used more than 50,000km without servicing/setting the spark plug gap with my previous Kelisa: regular monitoring showed no wear on electrodes)
A spark plug can be better if free of charge

Edited by Good-Carbuyer, 22 September 2010 - 10:39 AM.

Posted 22 September 2010 - 10:31 AM

Mini-itx
  • Mini-itx
    Banned

How to check the plugs? Every time I service my car at 10k interval, workshop sure say need to change. Dunno real or not since i just listen. Been using iridium since a long time ago but not cheap if have to change every 10k. That's why tempted to change to brisk if it can last longer but from the bros here, it seems i better stick with the ones i have.

Workshop purpose is to earn $$ right? Of course tell you need to change lar.

Just stick with your irifium plugs cause they really last. However, they will need maintenance as well. Eg. checking the gap and fouling. Fouling/overheating will not occur unless something is wrong with your engine, ignition or you using wrong heat range.

Btw, careful if you are removing the plugs and putting it back yourself. This is because the gasket seal is crushed once you tighten the plugs. When you remove it, it will become literally a flat washer. Thus you will have to tighten it a little more to ensure proper seal. And remember to check if there is oil/grease on the threads to ensure it won't be siezed should you need to remove next time.

Posted 22 September 2010 - 10:32 AM

Good-Carbuyer

Get iridium plugs. Brands like Denso and NGK are lasting and they are established in the industry.

I used to see a bucket of discarded iridium spark plugs when I go to workshop? The copper electrode spark plugs on my previous Kelisa showed no sign of wear after more than 50,000km?

Posted 22 September 2010 - 10:37 AM

Good-Carbuyer

Workshop no skill to service spark plugs so must change spark plug (you paying for the spark plug change). If you are kidding with us, this is ticklish to change iridium spark plugs every 10,000km (it is like throwing money away to see if you got money in wallet to throw)

Posted 22 September 2010 - 10:38 AM

Mini-itx
  • Mini-itx
    Banned

I used to see a bucket of discarded iridium spark plugs when I go to workshop? The copper electrode spark plugs on my previous Kelisa showed no sign of wear after more than 50,000km?

Cause WS wants $$$. So get owner to change lor....

Actually almost every of those iridium plugs in the bin is completely usuable. Just need some cleaning and regapping only.

But how much WS earns if they regap for you? Charge you $5? Will you want to pay it should be part of servicing? So, get you to change, they earn $$$ that way.

Then engine flush.... lol..... Some WS will ask you to flush engine all the time as well. Just think how much they earn from each bottle from engine flush or flushing oil.....

Posted 22 September 2010 - 10:41 AM

Mini-itx
  • Mini-itx
    Banned

Workshop no skill to service spark plugs so must change spark plug (you paying for the spark plug change). If you are kidding with us, this is ticklish to change iridium spark plugs every 10,000km (it is like throwing money away to see if you got money in wallet to throw)

And most will buy the story because they WILL feel the difference after the servicing. But they won't know the difference comes from the oil and not the plugs.....

Back to Maintenance & Repairs  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic
Dynamics Mechanic Pte Ltd

Quick Reply

Tags: Brisk, Spark, Plugs, Good

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users