2011 VOLVO S60

Yahgo22

Twincharged

Thanks for all the advices.

The one that I had in mind is this:

http://m.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=575939

The only factor pulling me back is I cannot test drive the car. I can start the engine, look under the hood but no test drive. The explanation is because the car dun belong to them so cannot drive.

Also cannot bring to 3rd party workshop as the company claimed that they had carried out the necessary checks.

I expect heavy fuel consumption but not really an issue as my Skoda is a drinker too.

Since ad claimed it has always been serviced by SM

Email SM directly to ask for service records. With permission from current owner, they will let u know what parts have been replaced and when was servicing done etc

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

The only factor pulling me back is I cannot test drive the car. I can start the engine, look under the hood but no test drive. The explanation is because the car dun belong to them so cannot drive.

Also cannot bring to 3rd party workshop as the company claimed that they had carried out the necessary checks.

I expect heavy fuel consumption but not really an issue as my Skoda is a drinker too.

something does not smell too good, cannot test drive ? cannot bring car to third party to check ?

well, if SGD$ 91,000 is small change to you, I will say go ahead , sign the contract

but for me, I will look else where ... there is more than 1 Volvo S60 on sale on SGCARMART ... (piece of mind, get from Wearnes second hand directly, if they say got check, I will take their word on it, somemore, give you some "warranty" )

• Praise 1

$91K to me is bigger than rocket leh.I also don't feel good about not being able to test drive the car.

Wearnes preowned don't have 2012 S60. They only have S80 T4 which I have no interest.

Guess I need to continue my search then.

Thanks for all the kind advices!

There is no such thing as cannot test drive and buy only by touch touch only

This is not even a consignment car

Think the issue is with money

dont believe u offer 90k you cannot even test drive in the carpark?!

The annual depre 12k/year looks reasonable

But the mileage of about 90k is high for a 2012 car

For argument's sake, since they offer 6 month warranty, a good price to buy without test drive would be 80-82k

$91K to me is bigger than rocket leh.I also don't feel good about not being able to test drive the car.

Wearnes preowned don't have 2012 S60. They only have S80 T4 which I have no interest.

Guess I need to continue my search then.

Thanks for all the kind advices!

• Praise 4

(edited)

CANNOT TEST DRIVE?  I will ask him to go fly kite and walk out.  Buy such a big ticket item and I cannot test drive?  Even a wife also can up before marriage...One look at the photo...the undercarriage board is wet so it mean gearbox leak as that area is where the gearbox located.........My advise....go elsewhere and don't even think about it.  PM me if you want to know more about S60.  I'm not dealer.

snap.bmp

Edited by LoverofCar
  • Praise 2

Twincharged

CANNOT TEST DRIVE? I will ask him to go fly kite and walk out. Buy such a big ticket item and I cannot test drive? Even a wife also can up before marriage...One look at the photo...the undercarriage board is wet so it mean gearbox leak as that area is where the gearbox located.........My advise....go elsewhere and don't even think about it. PM me if you want to know more about S60. I'm not dealer.

snap.bmp

Dealer not too smart for showing undercarriage photo huh

Dealer not too smart for showing undercarriage photo huh

At least this is what I see from the photo.  That area has oil stain and it is where the gearbox located.   I bet the dearler don't even know much of the condition.

This dealer is like a middleman between buyer and seller. But I still don't understand why cannot test drive.

Anyway, I have decided to forego this and continue looking.

I can see there are a lot of used Volvo but the price not very attractive.

Don't be put off by the sticker prices. It's always negotiable even with wearnes used.

Walk away from any dealer or owner when no test drive is allowed.

(edited)

If serviced throughout at Wearnes, then should not be a problem. Check with them.

That's where you are wrong.  My personal experience...  An under warranty car went in to complain ''Low engine oil level'' warning light. I didn't see the oil leakage on the car park floor so I didn't really realized it is an oil leak.   Anyway....I just push in the car since it is under warranty.  Can you imagine they just top up the oil and told me that it is due to the sensor having some errors and they had reset it and let it go?  After a few months, the sump plate gasket major leaked. The car is only two years old.   When the car is under warranty ..they don't tell you the full detail of what they did to the car when a failure occurred.   F the AD.  Had enough of their Sh*t   There is one workshop opened by their so called experienced technicians. Same sh*t.   Changed parts that are not related to the failure.   There are many workshops much more capable then their so called AD trained technicians,

Edited by LoverofCar

Twincharged

That's where you are wrong. My personal experience... An under warranty car went in to complain ''Low engine oil level'' warning light. I didn't see the oil leakage on the car park floor so I didn't really realized it is an oil leak. Anyway....I just push in the car since it is under warranty. Can you imagine they just top up the oil and told me that it is due to the sensor having some errors and they had reset it and let it go? After a few months, the sump plate gasket major leaked. The car is only two years old. When the car is under warranty ..they don't tell you the full detail of what they did to the car when a failure occurred. F the AD. Had enough of their Sh*t There is one workshop opened by their so called experienced technicians. Same sh*t. Changed parts that are not related to the failure. There are many workshops much more capable then their so called AD trained technicians,

Which workshop is capable

Mind sharing?

Bro, when buying used Volvos

Remember, used volvos do not fly off the shelves easily

U must have the "balls" to offer what u think is reasonable 

What constitutes "low balls" is debatable

This dealer is like a middleman between buyer and seller. But I still don't understand why cannot test drive.

Anyway, I have decided to forego this and continue looking.

I can see there are a lot of used Volvo but the price not very attractive.

• Praise 5

Saw another 2012 S60 offered by Ka-Hup. Shall swing over and see how it goes.

Hopefully can get a reliable S60 to drive till the end.

Neutral Newbie

CANNOT TEST DRIVE?  I will ask him to go fly kite and walk out.  Buy such a big ticket item and I cannot test drive?  Even a wife also can up before marriage...One look at the photo...the undercarriage board is wet so it mean gearbox leak as that area is where the gearbox located.........My advise....go elsewhere and don't even think about it.  PM me if you want to know more about S60.  I'm not dealer.

attachicon.gifsnap.bmp

Hi Bro,

I just PM you. Thinking of getting a Dec 2012 S60  [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

Hi Guys,

Anyone got recommendations for a good workshop to service their Volvo. Mines getting up to 5 years and i m gonna have to do a few things. Change brake disc/pads, flush transmission, b bleeding. s60 T4

J.

↡ Advertisement