2011 VOLVO S60

Yahgo22

Hi,just like to know anyone change their s60 rims,cuz mostly seen are stocks rim on the road.Like to know what to lookout for before making any decisions.

thinking of changing, because the brake dust is coating my stock rims black haha... never wash for 3 weeks already... lucky got paint protection on the rims as well.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

T5 model can reach 100km below 7 sec ..got so fast ?

When I sold my tuned S60 T5 to a evo9 owner, on the first test drive, he said, "wah this car powerful ah"...

Neutral Newbie

thinking of changing, because the brake dust is coating my stock rims black haha... never wash for 3 weeks already... lucky got paint protection on the rims as well.

5x108 rims not easy to find... U may try one of the 2 forums

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

260bhp and 330NM (or is it 350NM)

Yes! It's that fast BUT being front wheel drive, diff to control the torque steer....

I was driving the S60 2.0T before changing to XC90.....

Tested the T5, straight line acceleration then was simply superb.

Off course, then the Audi, BM and Merc still NA.... Today, diff story.....

wat on earth are you talking about???

difficult to control torque steer??

are you driving a 600hp car?

stop blabbering technical jargon if you do not know very much

Edited by Bigmatt140

MTL.. Volvo got closed door sales like woman lingerie show.. those that knows the prices or manage to get in .. please post

Tested the V60. Love the turbo! Even though 1.6T, 180bhp, but acceleration off the line was more than enough for me on day-to-day driving.

That said, the steering was a bit dead in feel, and it felt artificially heavy too. The ride though not jarring/ harsh, never seems to settle too, and you get jiggled about every now and then. But at least it's much better than the BMW F30 320i. That one in comfort/ eco pro mode, throttle feel so laggy [of course, since it's making you drive in economy mode]. The ride never settles at low speeds, and there's a bit of tire noise coming through.

Even though the 3-Series has grown in size, the interior cabin still remains a snug place to be in. It doesn't help that the front footwell is still much narrower than the Volvo S60/ V60. Not to forget, Volvo models have a pretty long life span. See the current XC90 and S80. Till date, there's still no info on replacement models.

Turbocharged

T5, back then in 2005, if the steering wheel was turn slightly during full acceleration.

Will experience tugging of the steering wheel....

Off course u might be a superb driver and thus are entitled to ur opinion.

Thank you for your : "I know my stuff" contribution.....

T5 model can reach 100km below 7 sec ..got so fast ?

The current S60 T5 2L TC can do 7.5 secs nia.

It's only 240bhp / 320 Nm now.

Edited by Timbuktu

I don't know about what that guy is saying, but here are my views on torque steer from >30 years of owning them all FWDs, RWDs, AWDs - from FIAT, Honda, Alfa, VW, Lexus, BMW, Merc, Audi, AM etc.

Although the Nm torque output to the front wheels strongly determine torque steer (i.e.the tendency fir car to pull sideways on flooring the accelerator, FROM REST ... e.g. at the lights, and especially on wet roads), it is also dependent on the front wheel axle/suspension geometry design.

My old twin-carburetted Alfa 33 TI, with a mere 105 BHP torque steered badly ... car literally pulled sideways! The boxer engine has a much lower moment of inertia .

Meaning, RPMs can shoot up quicker than IL designs (even this w/o counter-rotating balancer shafts - like BMW's venerable IL-6).

I think Ford had progressed most on front wheel suspension geometry to address torque steer for their ST and RS Focus variants.

Edited by Timbuktu

Hi,just like to know anyone change their s60 rims,cuz mostly seen are stocks rim on the road.Like to know what to lookout for before making any decisions.

Yes i changed my rims. 18" HRE R40 ... abt $8K. But only 7.7kg per rim. If you want more affordable ones, can get BBS ones, abt $3K. Go to the volvo forums for more info.

Tested the V60. Love the turbo! Even though 1.6T, 180bhp, but acceleration off the line was more than enough for me on day-to-day driving.

That said, the steering was a bit dead in feel, and it felt artificially heavy too. The ride though not jarring/ harsh, never seems to settle too, and you get jiggled about every now and then. But at least it's much better than the BMW F30 320i. That one in comfort/ eco pro mode, throttle feel so laggy [of course, since it's making you drive in economy mode]. The ride never settles at low speeds, and there's a bit of tire noise coming through.

Even though the 3-Series has grown in size, the interior cabin still remains a snug place to be in. It doesn't help that the front footwell is still much narrower than the Volvo S60/ V60. Not to forget, Volvo models have a pretty long life span. See the current XC90 and S80. Till date, there's still no info on replacement models.

I agree the ride is jiggly and unsettled, it is worse for me because I am on R-Design spec, which is really harsh. I have since ordered KW V3 coilovers and hopefully will be able to tune the settings to make the ride more settled and comfortable. I have already driven to KL thrice. The stability and power of the T4 is really good. Normally takes me 2-2.5 hours from Woodlands Checkpoint to KL Toll booths. The T4 feels very comfortable at 170km/h, though it struggles to go beyond 200km/h even though rated top speed is 225km/h. I did manage to hit 225km/h though, on a very long stretch of straight road. And yes i agree halogen headlamps doesn't look good on a premium branded car, which is why I got mine with HID and sunroof. Yes you can indent a T4 with the specs you want, with extra money. The HID is a worthwhile investment as the throw of the light is very good, even better than my previous ride (308CC) both with directional headlamps too. I don't need to use the high-beam feature when driving at night on the NSHW, unlike my previous ride on some sections.

The tire noise part in S60 is fine, it is quite subdued by class standards. If you want to know what's noisy, just think new 3-Series. That is one terribly noisy car. Wonder what PML fed our local editors as they all wrote how refined the car is. Everywhere else in the world the editors commented about the poor unsettled harsh ride and intrusive tire roar, which i personally experienced first-hand. Going into BMW-SG forums, you can see the same comments made by F30 owners too. F30 owners actually asked PML why is the road noise so intrusive... apparently the reply they got was "3- and 5- Series are sporty cars, hence this is normal. If you want quiet, get the 7-Series." And the start-stop system on the F30 is the worst I have ever come across. When it re-starts the engine at the traffic lights, it feels as though someone has kicked u in the back. Two things good about this car though, are the wholesome steering feel and huge informative iDrive display that unfortunately looks badly integrated into the dash design.

T4 gives comfortable ride on NSH at 170 kmh?

I won't disagree to that.

But you should compare that against the market leader for magic carpet rides and quietness - MB.

As for BMW, I now avoid that brand since I last owned one in 200-2008.

Dislikes:

- Valvetronic electric motor

- Noisy run-flat tyres

- No spare tyre

- And more recently ... electric power steering

- Peeling paint on all button controls, after 1 year

- Fluid leaks of all sorts ... water, hydraulic, refrigerant

Supercharged

I think Ford had progressed most on front wheel suspension geometry to address torque steer for their ST and RS Focus variants.

dun forget Renault with their:

2012-Renault-Megane-RS-Trophy-Front-660x495.jpg

Yes i changed my rims. 18" HRE R40 ... abt $8K. But only 7.7kg per rim. If you want more affordable ones, can get BBS ones, abt $3K. Go to the volvo forums for more info.

Thanks for the info bro,will look into that. [:)]