Toyota Premio & Toyota Altis Which One Will You Chose

Ngsehchoon

For me (for whichever car, no bias):

Avoid CVT. Choose A/T or M/T.

Avoid Electric Power Steering. Choose Hydraulic P/S.

Avoid MIT. Choose MIJ.

Avoid Torsion Beam Rear Axle suspension. Choose Multilinks.

Then you will have a car that responds well to throttle changes, has better steering feel, better road holding on cornering and all these with tops Japanese quality.

Purely for demonstration purposes, take the old Lexus IS200 (for superb handling, balance and steer):

- Front double wishbone suspension

- Rear double wishbone suspension

- Hydraulic power steering

- F/R RWD

- MIJ

- IL-6 engine

As for Conti stepout considerations:

VW DSG? Avoid that too - plenty problems now.

Interesting. Good one [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement

erh....

i think TS is just looking for an honest car to drive him from point A to point B from the Toyota stable???

If that's the case....

Vios is a cheap and decent Point A to B car...

[laugh]

I would have chosen the Premio if it was not from PI. Just do not wanna to add 1 more thing to worry about. (No offence to all PIs)

I would have chosen the Premio if it was not from PI. Just do not wanna to add 1 more thing to worry about. (No offence to all PIs)

If you chose a good & reliable PI. I don't think is a problem. [sunny]

If you chose a good & reliable PI. I don't think is a problem. [sunny]

True. my thought exactly. Went to quite a number of them last year, some big & some smaller ones and some are better than others. In the end, just couldn't find one that I can commit comfortably without any reservations. Maybe I'm just paranoid haha. In the end, I bought the car from AD.

Neutral Newbie

Thai has CNG altis warrenty by toyota agent but fitted by subcon. But it doesnt supply to Sg, maybe due to warrenty issue ba.

BTW if you have driven all 3 Cars, aillon or premio is 100% better then altis, be it the new or old version, cvt not cvt.

Ego wise- Altis is Cabby in Thai,Taiwan,indo.... think twice. [lipsrsealed]

now aday we buy something really need all this hassel before we can decide [bigcry]

life is already tought and we are making ourselve more problem

if you have to consider so many factors before you buy a car, let me tell you you will probably end upi buying something outside you expectations

i can remenber i used to drive a Mit Galant which has almost everything someone stated here.

so if i could have keep the car till now and this some body will tell me you are driving a OLD car..

right now COE shoot up so high, so can any one tell me when is good time to buy car?

My answer is simple, when i got enough money that is my GOOD time to buy car

↡ Advertisement