Solar film for home windows

Alvinlkw

Hi Bros,

Anyone know of where to purchase DIY window films for home windows? I used to buy it from Katong Shopping Centre but not sure if the shop still exist after 12 years... any recommendation in the West?

↡ Advertisement

Hi Bros,

Anyone know of where to purchase DIY window films for home windows? I used to buy it from Katong Shopping Centre but not sure if the shop still exist after 12 years... any recommendation in the West?

Bro, JP got one hardware shop beside ST. [;)]

got mine from

Patrick Hardware

Block 302 Ubi Ave 1

#01-25

Singapore 400302

Thanks bro. Unless I get to pass by that place, it's a bit far for me.

Thanks bro. Unless I get to pass by that place, it's a bit far for me.

they have more variety and much cheaper then those diy shops in shopping centres

Hi all,

anyone installed V-kool or Llumar solar film for slinding doors or windows in your home? any feedback? tks

V-kool is popular in cars,

while Llumar claim they are the worldwide number one in home solar films...

i installed v-kool in my civic FD ten years ago. Before i renewed coe, there was bubbles in the front windscreen & V-kool replace if FOC according to their warranty without any fuss...

PS: hi moderator, pls help to move this post if it's in the wrong folder, tks

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Hi all,

anyone installed V-kool or Llumar solar film for slinding doors or windows in your home? any feedback? tks

i installed v-kool in my civic FD ten years ago. Before i renewed coe, there was bubbles in the front windscreen & V-kool replace if FOC according to their warranty without any fuss...

I ordered the llumar film to be installed early Aug, I'll post here once they are done on their workmanship, I'm looking for heat reduction and they had a special offer on their highest tint. Pricing wise for a similar area with discount was about 20% higher than generic brand
  • Praise 1

(edited)

Hi all,

I got Llumar for home.  I was surprised that darker films with higher heat rejection are actually cheaper than the lighter ones. 

Our MA original recommendation was the 50% heat rejection film but the sales guy "unofficially" told me that "bro.. this is double the price and not as effective".  He recommended the 65% heat rejection film at half the price and I ended up a very happy customer.

Edited by Jellandross
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

I got Llumar for home. I was surprised that darker films with higher heat rejection are actually cheaper than the lighter ones.

Our MA original recommendation was the 50% heat rejection film but the sales guy "unofficially" told me that "bro.. this is double the price and not as effective". He recommended the 65% heat rejection film at half the price and I ended up a very happy customer.

I was considering 3m as a potential but after the llumar guy gave me his price I was thinking woah that's probably half of 3m lol. 3m apparently got high heat rejection with clarity but pricing is $$!

i stick newspaper with masking tape. Can diy 2-ply or 3-ply, up to you and can afford to change new one every week. Cheapest of all!

• Praise 5

Turbocharged

i stick newspaper with masking tape. Can diy 2-ply or 3-ply, up to you and can afford to change new one every week. Cheapest of all!

In Aust we used foil no need to change and higher heat rejection than anything on the market :D
  • Praise 1

I was considering 3m as a potential but after the llumar guy gave me his price I was thinking woah that's probably half of 3m lol. 3m apparently got high heat rejection with clarity but pricing is $$!

Yeah.. I was told it takes more R&D to produce films with high heat rejection + high transparency = very very ex.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

My new HDB on 32 floor had great views but now they've built another HDB very close or close enough to see into our bedrooms.

So need solar film or something else to block view to waist level.

Not worried about reducing heat as sun only shines in for about 6 weeks each year.

Any ideas of good film to buy and do supplier install also?

Don't want to use net curtains.

(edited)

Besides the cheapest which was already mentioned, can use

- majong paper

- brown wrapping paper

- gift wrapping paper

- cut pictures from magazines and paste

- horse racing calendars x 12 pieces

- tour agencies brochures

- periodic tables from old science books

Edited by Kangadrool

What do you reckon is the IRR and heat rejection of newspaper? 

↡ Advertisement