Solar film for home windows

Alvinlkw

As promised this is a brief writeup on Llumar's install

The guys came today and were very timely, 3 guys took about 3 hours to install. Initial thoughts are they do have very good workmanship, for instance when the film is installed they will take the trouble to remove the rubber seal to ensure the film goes all the way before cutting the film and then resealing the rubber. The installer pointed out to me where my previous installer just cut the film where the rubber starts and cut some of the rubber as well.

The windows I have all had blinds, they would remove the blinds and place them aside to ensure the film install is done properly before reinstalling. Note on a forum someone mentioned the llumar installers broke the string on his blinds so before they came I pulled up all the blinds and used cable tie to neatly tie up the excess string. I would recommend doing the same if you have blinds, makes their job easier and also less chances of having the same issues.

I spoke to one of the installers about some soap patches I see in the film to his credit he was concerned (and couldn't believe this occurred), when we saw it turned out it was a spot outside the window. The part to note is I stressed it was no big deal (small window) but he insisted to take a look.

I impressed by their workmanship and professionalism frankly, would say they are more detailed and cautious compared to my previous installers

Am still checking the room thermometer to see if this film really does what it says, will update on this later.

Anyway here some pics for reference

85% heat / energy rejection, 5% light transmission

Before

post-78681-0-71387600-1470148149_thumb.jpg

After

post-78681-0-31578900-1470148151_thumb.jpg

60% heat / energy rejection, 20% light transmission

Before

post-78681-0-63544000-1470148216_thumb.jpg

After

post-78681-0-00244100-1470148218_thumb.jpg

Hi all,

anyone installed V-kool or Llumar solar film for slinding doors or windows in your home? any feedback? tks

V-kool is popular in cars,

while Llumar claim they are the worldwide number one in home solar films...

i installed v-kool in my civic FD ten years ago. Before i renewed coe, there was bubbles in the front windscreen & V-kool replace if FOC according to their warranty without any fuss...

PS: hi moderator, pls help to move this post if it's in the wrong folder, tks

Edited by Mercury1
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

All the details I posted liao :D not a big job really. What info you looking for?

Just what I need!

Can u PM me more details pls!

↡ Advertisement