Is Lexus soundproofing really that fantastic?

Jp66

http://www.asiaone.com/News/The%2BNew%2BPa...930-239839.html

Driver thought cyclist she hit was tree branch

HER car rammed into a cyclist from the rear so hard that he flew and hit the front windscreen, cracking part of it, before rolling onto the road.

But Cleopatra Wong Yuin Ping, 30, thought the body that smashed into the windscreen was a rotten tree branch that had fallen.

She did not bother to stop and continued driving her car along Holland Road. Wong was also unaware that her victim's bicycle was stuck in the undercarriage of the Lexus ES300 belonging to her father, despite the noise of the bicycle scraping against the road.

The bicycle was dragged for about 2km before it was dislodged.

When Wong, who was a teacher then, reached home, she went to bed.

She realised something was wrong only when she woke up in the morning and found out that the police had towed away the five-year-old Lexus.

Taken to court over the accident, Wong claimed that the soundproofing of the Lexus was so good that she thought the "sounds" she heard were caused by the tree branch.

Last month, she was fined a total of $2,400 - $800 on each of three charges - and disqualified from driving for a year.

She had pleaded guilty to inconsiderate driving, failing to stop after an accident and failing to render assistance after an accident.

The court heard that Wong was driving home along Holland Road at about 5.15am on Oct 19, 2008, when she hit the rear of a bicycle ridden by Mr Muhammad Asri Aris.

Edited by Jp66
↡ Advertisement

those judge didnt use common sense and will buy those crap.??..... isn't those crap very insulating to the judges??.......perhaps im not highly educated and cannot understand the logic or how those judge decide or base on what to make a judgement........ [hur]

only $2400 for hit and run.....didn't know this crime is so minor one.

yup, it is minor case PORVIDED u r somebody aka elite. if u r nobody, god bless u... this is NOT the first time such "double standard" happen and IT WILL NOT be the last.... [:p]

Got part 2 & part 3 of the article leh?

Go Zouk to look for cousin at around 4+,5am? Although the last time I went to Zouk was a long time ago, I know that night spots have to be closed by 2~3am by law.

I think the driver is drunk and she's not caught red handed and got away with it.

If I drive Rolls Royce and run over someone, I can also claim the suspension so very tok kong that I thought is just a small bump on the road. [rolleyes]

like that a lambo driver can also claim that he can't hear the impact of the victim or the dragging because anyway the engine is too loud (overwhelms everything else).

lame excuse and the judge still bought it. judge is even lamer.

Yes its quiet. Driving a GS300. But this is BS la. Even a nail on the tyres also can feels lor. c--k lor. A bikecycle drag of 2km. This case is like a Clown trying to fool another. And she just did!!! hahahahahaha

In such cases w/o any evidence to prove that driver was intoxicated at that point of time, what can the judge do?

The police is not doing a good jon to support the case. They have many ways to track this driver. Go the zouk to find? can see CCTV and i believe there are at zoul and the hotel area. Believe hotel angle can see car driving into zouk. When polive towing the car, who ever at home just go thru test whether got drinking or not. 5plus to 8 still can track. Hiaz police have lost their power. Btw just knew this evening another of my friend resign from police force after 15 years. hahahahahaha

Supercharged

Those kana jailed for Hit & Run must be squeezing balls when they saw the report.

who ask them neber drive lexus? [laugh]

↡ Advertisement