Is Lexus soundproofing really that fantastic?

Jp66

i went facebook and this is the picture i found of her.

:o , maybe should use it as my avatar.

i went facebook and this is the picture i found of her.

u sure u got the right cleopatra?

i went fb i got this

49141_1082281432_1022_n.jpg

somemore the article says she just gave birth in dec 09 [:p]

The driver got no common sense to think its a branch. But if she is genuinely that stupid I think the sentence is fair.

Lets be fair to her, if she knew it was a cyclist I think she would stop. No one would think they can get away if they knew they were dragging a bicycle.

She shouldn't be punished for a lack of common sense and stupidity. That is not a crime.

What you implied the lack of common sense and cum certain degree of stupidity is not punishable by law than I am very worry for the kids she will be teaching in future. [hur]

From my understanding during the MOE recruitment/selection process teacher are required to go thru IQ and EQ tests. Definitely she must has obtained a certain percentage of IQ/EQ before she was employed by MOE to teach then.

So this case provide a loop hole where one can explore whenever he/she involved in a hit and run accident.

1st) Drive lexus or spend a few k to upgrade the soundproofing

2nd) I don't breastfeed but i am the sole bread provider in the family. (Quickly ask wifey to tender her resignation)

3rd) In a few months time apply a job with those pte academic institution. Surely shouldn't be difficult to get a teaching job with my academic background.

4th) Give birth ! [confused] Maybe can volunteer to be sperm donor. Does that qualify as giving birth ??

SO EVENTUALLY only fine and license Potong for one year. [drivingcar]

Since the prosecutor said they will be appealing, we will have to hold our breath & see what happens next.

I fear for myself & my loved ones that there are such quiet cars on the roads...

Don't want end up like a road kill bec the driver thought he or she thought they had just run over a cockroach or a rat [knife]

hold our breath for one month already... any updates? Is there anyway the public can check how the appeal is going?

Or is this going the be swept under the carpet and forgotten. I really hope our legal system is not that bad...

Edited by Wind30

http://www.asiaone.com/News/The%2BNew%2BPa...930-239839.html

Driver thought cyclist she hit was tree branch

HER car rammed into a cyclist from the rear so hard that he flew and hit the front windscreen, cracking part of it, before rolling onto the road.

But Cleopatra Wong Yuin Ping, 30, thought the body that smashed into the windscreen was a rotten tree branch that had fallen.

She did not bother to stop and continued driving her car along Holland Road. Wong was also unaware that her victim's bicycle was stuck in the undercarriage of the Lexus ES300 belonging to her father, despite the noise of the bicycle scraping against the road.

The bicycle was dragged for about 2km before it was dislodged.

When Wong, who was a teacher then, reached home, she went to bed.

She realised something was wrong only when she woke up in the morning and found out that the police had towed away the five-year-old Lexus.

Taken to court over the accident, Wong claimed that the soundproofing of the Lexus was so good that she thought the "sounds" she heard were caused by the tree branch.

Last month, she was fined a total of $2,400 - $800 on each of three charges - and disqualified from driving for a year.

She had pleaded guilty to inconsiderate driving, failing to stop after an accident and failing to render assistance after an accident.

The court heard that Wong was driving home along Holland Road at about 5.15am on Oct 19, 2008, when she hit the rear of a bicycle ridden by Mr Muhammad Asri Aris.

it's not the soundproofing.

It's the gender of the driver.........ooops

I send a feedback via Reach.gov.sg over this.

But no reply from relevant authorities.

I just message my MP about this via facebook.

Anyone tried going anything? like raising this case up?

↡ Advertisement