Taxis Purposely Bang When They Can Avoid?

Mini-itx

Do you think taxi drivers have such mentality. Since they have nothing to lose (vehicle is not theirs also), as long as he is in the right of way, he won't even try to avoid an accident and would rather bang straight into the vehicle and claim insurance gao gao (lost of income, tooth crack, hand pain, leg pain etc.....). They don't practice defensive driving on the road, they only only if an accident will favor them or not.

For the rest of us, its hear pain. Even is car can be repaired, its no longer the same already thus avoid as much as we can.

↡ Advertisement

I experienced a taxi bump my rear end while I was stationary. He said he didnt depress the brake hard enough while giving back change to his passenger so the car roll forward (those Sonata with AT) and bumped into my car. Damage was not really bad but I just fixed my bodykit, so I told him I will claim against his insurance and I will report this to his company. And he asked me to settle it privately, but I insist that I will only fix my car with my choice of shop, he agreed.... that's it. He paid the shop cash and gave me some cab's money while my car is being fixed.

I experienced a taxi bump my rear end while I was stationary. He said he didnt depress the brake hard enough while giving back change to his passenger so the car roll forward (those Sonata with AT) and bumped into my car. Damage was not really bad but I just fixed my bodykit, so I told him I will claim against his insurance and I will report this to his company. And he asked me to settle it privately, but I insist that I will only fix my car with my choice of shop, he agreed.... that's it. He paid the shop cash and gave me some cab's money while my car is being fixed.

Yo should have claimed his insurance!! Its so rare that you can claim against cabby. Must claim at least 40K of damages man!!

Yo should have claimed his insurance!! Its so rare that you can claim against cabby. Must claim at least 40K of damages man!!

Part of the reason why insurance are up and up when people claim more than other than the damages. Where is the ethic? Does that make you happy? Or does it save the money from the damages that have gotten to your car earlier? I hope people who claim insurance in an dishonest way will have more damages to their ride someday or rather experience what they have done to others with their stinky, dishonest way... Have a piece of your own s***, then you'll know how it feels, when you think it is very right to claim BIG from others.

Edited by Heartbreakid

Part of the reason why insurance are up and up when people claim more than other than the damages. Where is the ethic? Does that make you happy? Or does it save the money from the damages that have gotten to your car earlier? I hope people who claim insurance in an dishonest way will have more damages to their ride someday or rather experience what they have done to others with their stinky, dishonest way... Have a piece of your own s***, then you'll know how it feels, when you think it is very right to claim BIG from others.

Is like chicken and egg story. Wait till u are scam by some irresponsible cab driver than you will feel the same way like so many of us. The nos 1 enemy on our public road. Though i have not involved in any accident with cab but i have close friends, colleagues and family that does. The sharing of their mishaps really make one blood boiled. For one incident involving my cousin, she was moving off from traffic junction but for unknown reason the cab infront didn't move off. So she bang into the blue cab rear causing a very small dent at rear bumper the size of tennis ball. Insurance claim report reflected 4k plus repair cost. How would you feel? I know as for me if involve with any cab, i stress again cab driver, i will go all out to claim tham jialet jialet no two ways about it. Pte car of course will try to settle amicably without involving any insurance co. That is mine stand.

Edited by Kopites

Is like chicken and egg story. Wait till u are scam by some irresponsible cab driver than you will feel the same way like so many of us. The nos 1 enemy on our public road. Though i have not involved in any accident with cab but i have close friends, colleagues and family that does. The sharing of their mishaps really make one blood boiled. For one incident involving my cousin, she was moving off from traffic junction but for unknown reason the cab infront didn't move off. So she bang into the blue cab rear causing a very small dent at rear bumper the size of tennis ball. Insurance claim report reflected 4k plus repair cost. How would you feel? I know as for me if involve with any cab, i stress again cab driver, i will go all out to claim tham jialet jialet no two ways about it. Pte car of course will try to settle amicably without involving any insurance co. That is mine stand.

Of course if they do that, you do the same back. Since it is a taxi company. Not a private.

Turbocharged

depends on the type of taxi that u are claiming.

For Mercedes taxi, they have to pay higher if there is an accident not in their favour.

They will try to settle privately if it is cheaper.

Hi, I agree with you.

No point being so narrow minded. There are still very honest taxi drivers out there trying to make a living so maybe we shouldn't make life so difficult for them.

An eye for an eye and the whole world will go blind.

[laugh] [laugh]

why avoid collision when u can bang to claim $80k? [laugh]

Lol you are right man! I myself witness an accident at a junction between a car and cab. Cab going straight while car turning right. I guess the car's drive misjudge the cab's distance and move out. Then the cab saw this and start pressing on the horn.... However, the cab never slow down, just horn. He wait till the last possible moment and jam brake... Then eeeee....... bang....... Nothing serious, Cab suffers a broken right head light, slight dent in bumper and car rear bumper dent. I never wait to see what happens but of course the cab will claim from the car saying he never judge properly while turning etc.......

But my question here is since the cab already see the car misjudge and move out, why can't the cab slow down? If you have time to horn, surely you have time to step on the brakes right. If the cab just brake a little earlier, the car would have move pass and accident would have been avoided. Its all about preventing accident.

Thus this makes me think that since cabs have little to lose when they hit someone (as long as they are in the right), they can hack care and just bang even though they can avoid.

Of course, I do have to say there are good cab drivers around, cannot be all bad.

Calm down. I am not trying to promote any dishonesty in claiming insurance. Just making a joke out of that 80K claim (you should know what it is).

Do you think taxi drivers have such mentality. Since they have nothing to lose (vehicle is not theirs also), as long as he is in the right of way, he won't even try to avoid an accident and would rather bang straight into the vehicle and claim insurance gao gao (lost of income, tooth crack, hand pain, leg pain etc.....). They don't practice defensive driving on the road, they only only if an accident will favor them or not.

For the rest of us, its hear pain. Even is car can be repaired, its no longer the same already thus avoid as much as we can.

Fully agreed with you, since in theory they do not own the vehicle

Who want to rent taxi to them if too many such repeated accidents?

Turbocharged

I don't think the driver go scot free if they have some sort of accident record. Perhaps their rental of the cab will go up.

I have a cab bang me before. Small damage which I just privately settle with him.

He is just another guy trying to make a living. Why make things hard for them?

please lah this one her fault leh. also 4K plus repair cost, include Legal fees(take up bulk of it) and their loss of income. which usually the Workshop will state its as 7 days. (BTW their loss of income include rental and earning hor.)

I dont wanna make things complicated. I was very upset but I'm sure the cabby regretted it for his carelessness. We're human being, nobody's perfect. Accidents happen. Nobody wants to be in the wrong. And we cannot stop those crooked ones who tried to rob you thru insurance claims either... Let it be a lesson for everyone to be more careful and never take things for granted.

But sometimes I think some of those cabby uncles are kinda too old but still driving out there. I even experienced an uncle cabby who couldn't keep the car in the straight line and/or keep the car in the lane... -_-

↡ Advertisement