Taxis Purposely Bang When They Can Avoid?

Mini-itx

I experienced a taxi bump my rear end while I was stationary. He said he didnt depress the brake hard enough while giving back change to his passenger so the car roll forward (those Sonata with AT) and bumped into my car. Damage was not really bad but I just fixed my bodykit, so I told him I will claim against his insurance and I will report this to his company. And he asked me to settle it privately, but I insist that I will only fix my car with my choice of shop, he agreed.... that's it. He paid the shop cash and gave me some cab's money while my car is being fixed.

You are pretty lucky to have met this kinda of responsible cabby... I would have thought that he might have made a claim against you instead...

↡ Advertisement

You are pretty lucky to have met this kinda of responsible cabby... I would have thought that he might have made a claim against you instead...

actually, come to think of it. Responsible Cabby dont get into accident often. [laugh][laugh]

Edited by Joseph22

actually, come to think of it. Responsible Cabby dont get into accident often. [laugh][laugh]

That's true... Or the irresponsible ones are just heng lor... [laugh]

Do you think taxi drivers have such mentality. Since they have nothing to lose (vehicle is not theirs also), as long as he is in the right of way, he won't even try to avoid an accident and would rather bang straight into the vehicle and claim insurance gao gao (lost of income, tooth crack, hand pain, leg pain etc.....). They don't practice defensive driving on the road, they only only if an accident will favor them or not.

For the rest of us, its hear pain. Even is car can be repaired, its no longer the same already thus avoid as much as we can.

All I say is avoiding can be dangerous.... Imagine when u try to avoid a car, sway to another lane and another car hit you instead?

Accidents are inevitable, the only problem is with the claiming system, too many clowns running the show.

please lah this one her fault leh. also 4K plus repair cost, include Legal fees(take up bulk of it) and their loss of income. which usually the Workshop will state its as 7 days. (BTW their loss of income include rental and earning hor.)

You are right. I got to agree. Why she moved off when the vehicle in front is not moving? Didn't get to read properly until you bold it up. $4k is quite a sum and an expensive lesson learn.

You are right. I got to agree. Why she moved off when the vehicle in front is not moving? Didn't get to read properly until you bold it up. $4k is quite a sum and an expensive lesson learn.

What to do? now a day, claimed insurance need lawyer help.

last year kenna one rear end from the back. go to workshop ask to help do claimed.

Just the loss of car used and used cash to replace already $50.00 a day. so imagine, car in workshop 10 days. already S$500.00 (and i am not taxi driver hence no loss of income) havent include the parts and labour cost. After all those things leh, still got Lawyer fee. 4K still quite okay leh.

If you kenna taxi. you have to pay them loss of income(think easily S$100.00 per day) to the driver and rental to the Taxi company even if they dont claimed you injury.

Edited by Joseph22

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

Even if there are 423,480,201 bad cab drivers, it does not mean that all of them are evil.

Neutral Newbie

Do you think taxi drivers have such mentality. Since they have nothing to lose (vehicle is not theirs also), as long as he is in the right of way, he won't even try to avoid an accident and would rather bang straight into the vehicle and claim insurance gao gao (lost of income, tooth crack, hand pain, leg pain etc.....). They don't practice defensive driving on the road, they only only if an accident will favor them or not.

For the rest of us, its hear pain. Even is car can be repaired, its no longer the same already thus avoid as much as we can.

Twice, I have tried to get out of waiting at right turn caused me to bang on-coming taxi on their right rear door or bumper. But the taxi driver accepts $50 for fixing the dents. I think they are nice guy who can settle since it is my fault to try to return to drive straight from right turn lane.

However, just now, I reverse into rental car, and got scolded upside down by the passenger (local) in the car. The actual driver wasn't in the car at that time. When the driver returns, he is a really nice guy, no shouting at all. We just exchanged contacts.

Not so concern the scolding, but since it is rental car, I am concerned on the cost to fix. In the dark car park, I took sometime to identify the line. I cant tell the bumper is being "pushed" out at sides. Dont know if it will be spotted or not.

Sorry for being off-topic a bit. I am still newbie, so cannot start topic.

i have seen taxi let a bmw cut into his lane while on waiting for redlight...

red light... the bmw from lane 3 wanna go lane 1 (i think) then this taxi was at lane 2 with a bit of space...

this bmw cut into taxi's lane and stop like 15-20 sec... then this taxi step on it... then bang... once green light... i was behide the taxi... the taxi driver come down never talk... but start taking photo...

then when i cut out just pass them... this taxi shouted to the bmw, "i am in my lane! what can you do?" you want you pay me $2000 if not we will just report and i will claim you, i got nothing to lose!!! can even go for short holiday with my pay claim from your insu company! and you will lose your ncb which is more then $2000!

red light... the bmw from lane 3 wanna go lane 1 (i think) then this taxi was at lane 2 with a bit of space...

this bmw cut into taxi's lane and stop like 15-20 sec... then this taxi step on it... then bang... once green light... i was behide the taxi... the taxi driver come down never talk... but start taking photo...

then when i cut out just pass them... this taxi shouted to the bmw, "i am in my lane! what can you do?" you want you pay me $2000 if not we will just report and i will claim you, i got nothing to lose!!! can even go for short holiday with my pay claim from your insu company! and you will lose your ncb which is more then $2000!

Just curious, taxi driver come down never talk... but shouted after taking photos?

At what speed you are passing them? Enough time to catch such a long and detailed conversation?

Supercharged
(edited)

CSB....

Edited by Xers007

aiyo... i kpo can or not... going very slow just to see what he doing...

anyway is not real end... is side... the bmw can cut into 1/4 lane only... then this taxi bang his side (ahead of the driver door) and the taxi is in the lane... that bmw is side way

(edited)

i was behide the taxi... very hard to cut out... only all car left then i can rev so i am the last car... so a bit kpo... but i think cannot help the bmw driver also... become his witness also no use... unless i got camera in my car...

with the look at both car... everyone will say the bmw is in the wrong...

so now i know cannot anyhow cut lane... sometime people can just give way to you... but bang you once u in...

in this case... with camera in my the bmw also no use... unless camera on the road... or from other car...

Edited by Angelvine

I had this experience with this taxi not long ago. I was on a 2 lane road approaching traffic light and is turning red. im on left lane and taxi on right.

When coming to a stop the taxi suddenly swerved to the left resulting he was 1/4 on left lane 3/4 on right lane. I was behind left lane and had to brake hard for his sudden clever but idiotic stunt.

My impression was if i had not been wary i would have hit his bumper and he happily claim me.

Gentlemen, be wary!

Yes taxi now claim medical injury n loss of income for the few days their taxi under repair.

Come to understand, the hungry taxi co, charge a full month rental to the taxi driver. No MC, no taking holiday relief.

The only logical way is to create a real accident and official take a few days holiday without losing a single cents!! Everything covered by the taxi insurance!! NCB or not still the same rental monthly!

The system seems to benefits careless driving n holiday mentality.

only kena once with cab. He knocked my side as he changed lane without checking blindspot. When submitting the claims, he said im the one that swerved into his. So in the end? 50/50. I lost my NCD. thanks to him.

Yes taxi now claim medical injury n loss of income for the few days their taxi under repair.

Come to understand, the hungry taxi co, charge a full month rental to the taxi driver. No MC, no taking holiday relief.

The only logical way is to create a real accident and official take a few days holiday without losing a single cents!! Everything covered by the taxi insurance!! NCB or not still the same rental monthly!

The system seems to benefits careless driving n holiday mentality.

I agree, this system need to be look into. Maybe our ministers or the taxi company boss can drive taxi or bus a day to feel their pain. Like undercover boss. To fully understand the situation better

Neutral Newbie

i thought nowadays to prevent such blatant abuse, the taxi lau have to furnish a refundable deposit upfront upon reporting of accident?

As i understand, all along have already. $1000 deposit. if kenna accident, $1000 on hold, then if not responsible, will unfreeze.

If kenna, claim, they need to top up the $1000 deposit.

Think of it like their insurance excess.

↡ Advertisement