Taxis Purposely Bang When They Can Avoid?

Mini-itx

Neutral Newbie

Lol you are right man! I myself witness an accident at a junction between a car and cab. Cab going straight while car turning right. I guess the car's drive misjudge the cab's distance and move out. Then the cab saw this and start pressing on the horn.... However, the cab never slow down, just horn. He wait till the last possible moment and jam brake... Then eeeee....... bang....... Nothing serious, Cab suffers a broken right head light, slight dent in bumper and car rear bumper dent. I never wait to see what happens but of course the cab will claim from the car saying he never judge properly while turning etc.......

But my question here is since the cab already see the car misjudge and move out, why can't the cab slow down? If you have time to horn, surely you have time to step on the brakes right. If the cab just brake a little earlier, the car would have move pass and accident would have been avoided. Its all about preventing accident.

Thus this makes me think that since cabs have little to lose when they hit someone (as long as they are in the right), they can hack care and just bang even though they can avoid.

Of course, I do have to say there are good cab drivers around, cannot be all bad.

Nothing wrong with that I think. the right turning car should be the slower vehicle and should be easier for him to brake. he should not have taken the turn, but... since he already did, after the turn, he should speed up already.

I think the cab have the right of way in this case. and most of the times if you are travelling straight, you tend to be on a higher speed.

Whether or not the cab see is besides the point. we all assume that the turning party will keep a proper lookout. don't we?

Disclaimer: BTW, I am NOT a cab driver nor related to anyone who is a cab driver. just another driver sharing my 2 cents. I'd keep a safe distance away from a cab like all Singapore non cab drivers.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Twice, I have tried to get out of waiting at right turn caused me to bang on-coming taxi on their right rear door or bumper. But the taxi driver accepts $50 for fixing the dents. I think they are nice guy who can settle since it is my fault to try to return to drive straight from right turn lane.

However, just now, I reverse into rental car, and got scolded upside down by the passenger (local) in the car. The actual driver wasn't in the car at that time. When the driver returns, he is a really nice guy, no shouting at all. We just exchanged contacts.

Not so concern the scolding, but since it is rental car, I am concerned on the cost to fix. In the dark car park, I took sometime to identify the line. I cant tell the bumper is being "pushed" out at sides. Dont know if it will be spotted or not.

Sorry for being off-topic a bit. I am still newbie, so cannot start topic.

For dents

1. They will leave it until the hit the next big one, then do 1 shot. (I ever see before cabs whose bumpers are held together by wires.. those I stay away as far as possible.)

2. They rather not have to have their $1000 frozen, and besides, refer to point 1.

Its a matter of cost/benefit assessment. they do maths real fast one.

See how fast they turn if you try to claim them instead.

Neutral Newbie

i was behide the taxi... very hard to cut out... only all car left then i can rev so i am the last car... so a bit kpo... but i think cannot help the bmw driver also... become his witness also no use... unless i got camera in my car...

with the look at both car... everyone will say the bmw is in the wrong...

so now i know cannot anyhow cut lane... sometime people can just give way to you... but bang you once u in...

in this case... with camera in my the bmw also no use... unless camera on the road... or from other car...

Actually if you can step out then the taxi driver will siao siao already. they are all counting on no one will bother to step up mentality to play bastxxd.

2 against 1 and you see he still so loud or not.

Neutral Newbie

nowadays there is this trend of taxis cutting lanes abruptly hoping to crash into u when u least expected...

A simple theory, never never bang a taxi on their rear....If so, your pocket burn!!!!!! If you were to settle with them privately, they will demand for many many dollars!

There are all sorts of taxi drivers. Some are crooks, but I presume some are ok.

Neutral Newbie

For dents

1. They will leave it until the hit the next big one, then do 1 shot. (I ever see before cabs whose bumpers are held together by wires.. those I stay away as far as possible.)

2. They rather not have to have their $1000 frozen, and besides, refer to point 1.

Its a matter of cost/benefit assessment. they do maths real fast one.

See how fast they turn if you try to claim them instead.

bu if they need to return to taxi centre to service, then they will have to fix the dent right? I thought they have to go sercie centre maintain regularly?

Neutral Newbie

However, just now, I reverse into rental car, and got scolded upside down by the passenger (local) in the car. The actual driver wasn't in the car at that time. When the driver returns, he is a really nice guy, no shouting at all. We just exchanged contacts.

Not so concern the scolding, but since it is rental car, I am concerned on the cost to fix. In the dark car park, I took sometime to identify the line. I cant tell the bumper is being "pushed" out at sides. Dont know if it will be spotted or not.

Sorry for being off-topic a bit. I am still newbie, so cannot start topic.

so far, no news, means good... however, two weeks ago, within a week of 4 Jun, I found the upper half of my car, at the metal of the back door, has a dent about the size of a palm.. I think must be done by that angry young man. today, i went to workshop, they said must knock back with painting... but i insist dont want to paint, so the workshop anyhow hit back lightly. still got small dent but the man said if knock more need to spray paint... sibeh sian man.

Neutral Newbie

so far, no news, means good... however, two weeks ago, within a week of 4 Jun, I found the upper half of my car, at the metal of the back door, has a dent about the size of a palm.. I think must be done by that angry young man. today, i went to workshop, they said must knock back with painting... but i insist dont want to paint, so the workshop anyhow hit back lightly. still got small dent but the man said if knock more need to spray paint... sibeh sian man.

go for paintless dent removal.. quite a lot of workshops do this now a days.. especially if your paint is intact and no chips.