Golf 1.2 TSi vs Polo 1.2 TSi

Civic2000

Was comparing these 2 models. Both car have the same Power of 105bhp and & Torque of175Nm. The engine capacity for Golf is 1197, and Polo is 1190.

Performance wise, Golf acceleration from 0-100 km/h is 10.6 second as compared to 9.7 second for Polo.

Similarities

7-speed (A) DSG and FWD

Ventilated Disc Brake in the front and Rear Disc Brake.

Control on the Steering Wheel

Side Mirror Indicator

Audi System with Aux/USB Port

Knockdown Rear Seats

Leather Steering Wheel

Reverse Sensor

Immobilizer

Remote Alarm

ABS

Differences

Golf is longer by 229 mm, wider by 104mm and higher by 17mm.

Golf has a Wheelbase of 5450mm.

Polo has a wheelbase of 5300mm

Golf has fuel tank capacity of 55L

Polo has a smaller fuel tank of 45L

Golf

↡ Advertisement

Standard equipment for safety

The Volkswagen Polo is equipped with standard ESP electronic stabilisation programme with Hill Start Assist, and it has a highly effective network of airbags on board, including front, front side and side curtain airbags (head airbag system for front and rear passengers), belt tensioners and belt force limiters plus seatbelt warning indicator and head restraints that counteract the risk of whiplash injury (both front seats), three rear head restraints with 3 point seatbelts for all passengers.

to me, fuel tank capacity, front fog light, leather seats, dual air-con, <-- these arent very impt and can be added on (in the case of leather seats and fog lights) later if you wish to. It shouldn't be the main, or even one of the components in the car buying decision. You should go for generally look (but polo and golf about the same), engine performance (but both also about the same, unless u considering the 1.4 DSG w/o the TSI), fuel efficiency etc. (which would also include features that cannot be done simply through aftermarket means). These are the things that consist of the main bulk of the car pricing, and cannot be easily changed/added on.

For me, I would go for the golf because it's more established as it's from Germany, but then again, my car was made in thailand and it hasnt been giving any problems. So hard to say for the polo vs golf since golf is more ex by a few k. I guess just read the reviews and see what people who has driven the car as their own say, not those that test drive one of two times and give review.

On a side note, Polo BlueMotion 30.3km/l?!?! but wth road tax 2k a year!??!?!?!?!? how is the increase in fuel efficiency going to cover road tax cost (unless everyday drive north?)

If Golf 1.2 TSi is $93, 800 and $87,800 for POLO.

- Golf.

Golf 1.2 TSi is $102,300 and $87,800 for POLO

- Polo

:D

to me, fuel tank capacity, front fog light, leather seats, dual air-con, <-- these arent very impt and can be added on (in the case of leather seats and fog lights) later if you wish to. It shouldn't be the main, or even one of the components in the car buying decision. You should go for generally look (but polo and golf about the same), engine performance (but both also about the same, unless u considering the 1.4 DSG w/o the TSI), fuel efficiency etc. (which would also include features that cannot be done simply through aftermarket means). These are the things that consist of the main bulk of the car pricing, and cannot be easily changed/added on.

For me, I would go for the golf because it's more established as it's from Germany, but then again, my car was made in thailand and it hasnt been giving any problems. So hard to say for the polo vs golf since golf is more ex by a few k. I guess just read the reviews and see what people who has driven the car as their own say, not those that test drive one of two times and give review.

On a side note, Polo BlueMotion 30.3km/l?!?! but wth road tax 2k a year!??!?!?!?!? how is the increase in fuel efficiency going to cover road tax cost (unless everyday drive north?)

Polo BlueMotion is diseil engine....

yeah i know. but save fuel using diesel but end up u pay more with road tax. how's that gonna work?

works in other countries. Not in singapore. Govt will just laugh at you if you buy diesel private vehicles in sg.

$93K for Golf 1.2?

My friend paid $95K for his brand new Passat 1.8TSi in Jan 2009. [:p]

The same car is selling $153K brand new today.

Edited by Vinceng

Neutral Newbie

well, this is thanks to the COE.

if you compare, a 318 then was 108k, now was like 150k.

last time jan 09 can also buy 5 series with 159k, but now about price of 320.

no car is cheap these days.

works in other countries. Not in singapore. Govt will just laugh at you if you buy diesel private vehicles in sg.

just for info, usa diesel petrol costs more than regular petrol per litre. (opposite to s'pore)

just for info, usa diesel petrol costs more than regular petrol per litre. (opposite to s'pore)

yes for america, diesel doesnt make much sense. but, most of europe diesel is cheaper than petrol, hence diesels are more popular given the higher overall pump prices.

↡ Advertisement