Opel Insignia 2.0 (A) or Honda Accord 2.4 (A)

Lazydala

Honda would be a better choice

But i would recommend

Accord Euro R [thumbsup]

Though Accord 2.4l might be from tom yam....

But its just only the assembly and some other parts...

Engine components n other important things like platform, chassis, gearbox is still from sushi

[laugh]

↡ Advertisement

In my 2 cents humble opinion my vote goes to Opel Insignia...

We have had 3 generations of Vectra, just sold off our 2007 Vectra recently... We currently have 2007 Zafira and 2007 Astra H as our main cars... So we are Opel fans... (Of cos I am bias hahaha) But there must be a reason why we buy opel right? :)

Personally I like Opel cos I like the road handling of the car and the way the seat is being design and the space, as well as the seats is comfortable for me for long distance drive to us, we are a family of tall and big size people, so the design of the seats on the Opel is more ideal for us at this present point of time in our life...

With all fairness, I must add that we grew up with Honda Accord, our first Accord was bought in 1979, then 1984, 1990 and 1997 (in those days its like Japanese BMW hahaha in terms of pricing for mantainence)... We love Honda Accord too, but we move on to Opel in 2000 and stick on ever since..... Both cars are good cars... (there must be a reason why we buy so many accords in our life hahaa)

With all fairness, go test drive both and see which one you have more feelings for....

Opel Insignia for me. with that 2L turbocharged engine, stylish exterior, list of gadgets and features.. it will never go wrong for me.

Honda Accord.. Bleah, so common. doesn't look nice and weak performance.

based on what sort of experience?

I used to drive an Rover75,which share the same workshop with Opel, the mechanics told me the Opels also have alot of problem...

I used to drive an Rover75,which share the same workshop with Opel, the mechanics told me the Opels also have alot of problem...

Wapiang Rover75, > 1 decade ago, surely Opel would have improved by now, give chance lah...

because overpriced? looks dated? lack of features?

even if insignia is out of the equation, i'd go for accord over camry.

maybe the camry 2.4 hybrid will change my mind but price wise, not worthwhile.. but out of these 3, insignia is obviously a winner.

if add in Hyundai i45 2.4??? :wub:

maybe if they bring in the turbocharged version of i45, then insignia won't be the obvious choice liao.

How much is the Opel ? $140-150K ?

why not add $10-20K more to get a C-Class ? common yes but the most respected German brand and wont get slaughtered when re-sell in future ?

Take a look also at Mondeo 2.3 ... if the new 2.0T Ecoboost + 6 speed DSG Powershift transmission,... it is a very good alternative.

As an ex Ford owner, your father should have some discounts from Regent Motors/Vantage Automotive

Otherwise, Mazda 6 is really another good Japanese alternative to Insignia/Accord.

Conti alternative ... take a look at Skoda Superb.

I believe all the cars mentioned above are reliable enough. Only issue is resale... which none of the above will be good except Honda.

In fact locally speaking, only Merc/BMW/Toyota/Honda has good resale.... there rest are the same. Nowadays probably VW/Audi's resale is not so bad.

Insignia for me cos Euro Car of the Year! Accord was really underpowered, went to test drive with friend before and engine was very loud when pushed not good enough if u your gonna pay luxury car price for that sorta of perfomance?

hi..

My dad has been driving his Mondeo for 6 yrs ...

Now he is considering for his ride between these 2 cars ...

I would like to know your views .... [:)]

Tell ya dad the new Mondeo 2.0 Turbo is coming soon

insignia for me....somehow jap car designers now seriously need to get out of their brain block and start designing instead of jus adding more sheet and size to outdo each other...

Like all car brands, some cars will give more problems than others...The crux lies in the fact that some of these old timers of Rover/MG workshop (mechanics or service advisor) are just not pulling up their socks, being slack, n remaining status quo.

Insignia is quite ex currently...abt $140k...might as well got for S60 2.0T charge version....more chio n really nice gadgets too (but not as nice as T6 engine), or Saab 93 sport sedan (also 2.0T engine) @ $140k too.

juz sharing other options in the same price bracket.

Edited by Sabretan
↡ Advertisement