Opel Insignia 2.0 (A) or Honda Accord 2.4 (A)

Lazydala

hi..

My dad has been driving his Mondeo for 6 yrs ...

Now he is considering for his ride between these 2 cars ...

I would like to know your views .... [:)]

go and get S60, the best, just add a bit, a conti car with the best safety features [rolleyes]

↡ Advertisement

Opel for me.

I don't understand this thing about resale value. Why resale? Just drive it until break even la. Who ask you to sell?

It's crazy that people choose a Jap car which is obviously inferior just for resale value.

If like that might as well be a car dealer better. Then everyday can buy and sell.....

Take a look also at Mondeo 2.3 ... if the new 2.0T Ecoboost + 6 speed DSG Powershift transmission,... it is a very good alternative.

As an ex Ford owner, your father should have some discounts from Regent Motors/Vantage Automotive

Otherwise, Mazda 6 is really another good Japanese alternative to Insignia/Accord.

Conti alternative ... take a look at Skoda Superb.

I believe all the cars mentioned above are reliable enough. Only issue is resale... which none of the above will be good except Honda.

In fact locally speaking, only Merc/BMW/Toyota/Honda has good resale.... there rest are the same. Nowadays probably VW/Audi's resale is not so bad.

Honda insurance also higher....and that wipe out whatever gain in resale value

Opel for me.

I don't understand this thing about resale value. Why resale? Just drive it until break even la. Who ask you to sell?

It's crazy that people choose a Jap car which is obviously inferior just for resale value.

If like that might as well be a car dealer better. Then everyday can buy and sell.....

While I can see your viewpoints, there will be times when resale value comes in handy....when one suddenly goes into financial difficulties, one is the type who changes cars every 3-5 years etc....resale value do come into the picture.

I think it's not the Honda R&D engineers' fault [:)] . It should be the spec that Kah Motor ordered in to maximise their profits. So they brought in a big car, but to lower the omv they definitely have to leave something out. Despite doing this, in the end they did not price it as a 2-airbag Accord.

I think u are right. pro comment!

the insignia is rarely seen on the roads in Germany despite being released for sometime already. the most popular Opel model in Germany is the astra. gives a VW golf a run for the money.

astra is cheaper there anyway.

most Germans don't regard Opel as a local brand anymore since it was taken over by the Americans.

the insignia is rarely seen on the roads in Germany despite being released for sometime already. the most popular Opel model in Germany is the astra. gives a VW golf a run for the money.

astra is cheaper there anyway.

most Germans don't regard Opel as a local brand anymore since it was taken over by the Americans.

Where do u get the statistics tat Germans don't regard Opel as a local brand anymore? Opel Zafira is still manufactured in its German plant.

Neutral Newbie

dear bros,

I am a bit torn between choosing Mondeo ( 160 bhp) / Insignia and Teana ( i know its a lousy comparision to have teana here).

Appreciate any advice that would help speed up my decision.

Insignia is priced on the higher side (140 k +), the current mondeo ( 113 +)

thanks

if price is a key concern, of coz go for Mondeo.

But in terms of parts sourcing n alternative servicing..of coz Nissan offers more variety...

Ford n Opel equally difficult in terms of above consideration.

Handling n Performance, this u got to ask urself liao..assuming u had taken them for multiple test drives.

At the end, there is really no need to rush, unless COE rising trend is causing a panic, but u still got two weeks till the next COE bidding...so my advice,

really take ur time to think abt it, discuss w friends n family.

dear bros,

I am a bit torn between choosing Mondeo ( 160 bhp) / Insignia and Teana ( i know its a lousy comparision to have teana here).

Appreciate any advice that would help speed up my decision.

Insignia is priced on the higher side (140 k +), the current mondeo ( 113 +)

thanks

off topic

Neutral Newbie

if price is a key concern, of coz go for Mondeo.

But in terms of parts sourcing n alternative servicing..of coz Nissan offers more variety...

Ford n Opel equally difficult in terms of above consideration.

Handling n Performance, this u got to ask urself liao..assuming u had taken them for multiple test drives.

At the end, there is really no need to rush, unless COE rising trend is causing a panic, but u still got two weeks till the next COE bidding...so my advice,

really take ur time to think abt it, discuss w friends n family.

Thanks for the feedback.

In terms of handling, i did not see much difference, when I test drove it. performace, i see insignia has more ooph ( turbo - 220 ps) and good Interior too. My wife feels Mondeo is more value for the money

As you mentioned, i will take time and test drive once more before rushing to a decide.

Neutral Newbie

off topic

Sorry if its off topic.. I am newbie to this forum and this is the closest topic i could find to ask this question (as i cannot start a thread)

Thanks for the feedback.

In terms of handling, i did not see much difference, when I test drove it. performace, i see insignia has more ooph ( turbo - 220 ps) and good Interior too. My wife feels Mondeo is more value for the money

As you mentioned, i will take time and test drive once more before rushing to a decide.

Mondeo more value for money? I think in terms of spec, Opel Insignia is really good. somemore 2.0L turbo engine as compared to Mondeo 2.3l engine.

But do bear in mind tat a turbo charged car tends to have higher insurance premium. of coz mondeo will have higher road tax.

You can also wait for the 2010 EcoBoost Mondeo which arrives early next year. This is 203 ps with 13 km/l.

Alternatively you can wait longer for the 2011 EcoBoost Mondeo which is 240ps also with 13 km/l.

I am trying to encourage either RM or a PI to bring in the 2011 version earlier by forming a buyer's

"club". See more at the Mondeo tread.

The accords here are tom yum accords. The Opel or Vauxhall as they call it where they dont speak singlish, always had a good reputation. 6 Speed summore. Conti also.

Eh, people in England don't speak English meh?

Neutral Newbie

Mondeo more value for money? I think in terms of spec, Opel Insignia is really good. somemore 2.0L turbo engine as compared to Mondeo 2.3l engine.

But do bear in mind tat a turbo charged car tends to have higher insurance premium. of coz mondeo will have higher road tax.

another concern is the resale value of insignia. I think one will loose more compared to mondeo. ( anyway will loose if sell less than 5 years, but more of which one you are likely to lose less)

and service/ spare parts availability of these these two cars?