Why directasia car insurance so cheap?

Agentwilson

Wah kaoz......directasia quote comprenhensive coverage for my sonata for $637.24/- including gst. Too good to be true. :blink:

The next nearest quote was $867/-

Very very exempted to get from DA. ^_^

↡ Advertisement

Wah kaoz......directasia quote comprenhensive coverage for my sonata for $637.24/- including gst. Too good to be true. :blink:

The next nearest quote was $867/-

Very very exempted to get from DA. ^_^

Beware of Directasia. I am with them and discovered that they based their premiums on the number of accidents either you or 3rd party report on you regardless of fault. So if you were hit lightly and you make a report and choose not to claim the other party, Directasia will take it as you have make an accident report and count that report into your total number of reports. If you make claim for windscreen, they will also consider that as an accident report. The more accident reports you make the higher your premium regardless whether you are at fault or not.

I got a surprise when they call to ask me top-up my premium because I reported an accident 2 years back which was eventually settled privately.

If that happens.........i'll tell them go fly kite.

Get pro-rated insurance from Aviva. [laugh]

Beware of Directasia. I am with them and discovered that they based their premiums on the number of accidents either you or 3rd party report on you regardless of fault. So if you were hit lightly and you make a report and choose not to claim the other party, Directasia will take it as you have make an accident report and count that report into your total number of reports. If you make claim for windscreen, they will also consider that as an accident report. The more accident reports you make the higher your premium regardless whether you are at fault or not.

I got a surprise when they call to ask me top-up my premium because I reported an accident 2 years back which was eventually settled privately.

My car only change rim. 14" to 15" rest is stock. Aviva or DA will accept? If not what other company is the cheapest?

Same like u, DA offers me a very similar price as Chartis after all the extra options thrown in. 1 additional factor is Chartis allows installment n it's being handled by my usual broker........

Hi there Wanderer - it may be of interest to know that we offer 0% interest on monthly installments on our car insurance? Best regards ....

Hi there Wanderer - it may be of interest to know that we offer 0% interest on monthly installments on our car insurance? Best regards ....

May I ask how long it takes usually to settle a claim especially since your authorized workshops do not use lawyer? Thanks.

May I ask how long it takes usually to settle a claim especially since your authorized workshops do not use lawyer? Thanks.

Hi Sabbie - I'm not certain of the exact details of your question, so will give you as full a reply as possible - please correct me if my assumptions are wrong. I'm inferring that your question is about Third Party property damage claims against a Third Party insurer, where the use of lawyers is more relevant?

If this is the case, then our approach is:

1. It is GIA

Hi there.........since you are from DA. i have something to ask.

im currently on DA btw.

There is a claim which im concern about.

05th Feb 2011 : 100% 3rd party Claim $5720/- to a Vios whom kiss our ass. Case closed $5720/- settled with "letter of discharge" on hand.

Is this downgraded from claim to accident????? This is "accident" recorded in GIA and taken into account when insurancers quote for premium ?

In addition, there is a medical and injury claim as well. Done by your authorised WS's lawyer via Viacom Sin Ming. You should know who they are.

The thing is........its already 1 year and the 3rd party side (NTxx) have not repsonse at all. Not even a phone nor letter. NOTHING. Writ of summon have already been served.

Is it bcos they are too busy or the "discharge letter" is already on hand and thus they know nobody can claim anything anymore. So its case closed as far as they are concern. Hence the golden silence.

And the WS lawyer is either ignorant or kept in the blind side ? Will the lawyer firm push the costs to me instead, after they cant claim anything ?

Cos i read the letter, it did include disclaimer from all injury and repair costs. And it is me whom went through the pains to get this letter. Nobody told me nor did i know the existance of this letter until i browse deeper on my own.

In my limited insurance knowledge.........it meant WS got payment via letter. Kept quiet and didnt pass the letter to me(for obvious reasons). And now the lawyer still send blind reminders........

Any logical answers to this ?

Hi there.........since you are from DA. i have something to ask.

Hi Hiphiphoray, if you have an outstanding claim I'd recommend contacting us at our call centre 666 55555 to discuss that claim. It wouldn't be appropriate for us to discuss matters relating to an individual claim on a public forum as a matter of privacy. Please do contact us and our staff will be more than happy to help you in any way they can.

many thanks ...

its ok. Its a 100% 3rd party claim. Hence DA shouldnt be involved.

i just need a general answer on the likely reason for all these.

Seems like car insurance is not that simple......... [sweatdrop]

Thanks anyway.

Hi Hiphiphoray, if you have an outstanding claim I'd recommend contacting us at our call centre 666 55555 to discuss that claim. It wouldn't be appropriate for us to discuss matters relating to an individual claim on a public forum as a matter of privacy. Please do contact us and our staff will be more than happy to help you in any way they can.

many thanks ...

Beware. There are no free lunches in this world. DA and Aviva are not really good insurers. Take it from me. I have been using them for my cars. And one of it is due for renewal. Guess what? They sent me a registered letter telling me I have been declined.

When I called their hotline, they told me is because I have 1 third party claim which I lodged on my other vehicle. When it is a 3rd party claim and is successful, it is not my fault. BUT, they took that as u r accident prone! Thats exactly why you take out a car insurance policy in the first place. Why should I be penalised when it is clearly not my fault?

As their website suggests, they only insure SAFE drivers...ie. read between the lines. NO ACCIDENTS prior or when u r with them. Then u can be assured u CAN be insured with them.

My suggestion, avoid DA at all COSTS.

Just got mine with DA...

dumped AXA after they quoted me 2.4k after 10% NCD...

DA quoted 1.4K...

Good luck bro. I am fortunate one of my cars still with AXA. The 2nd and 3rd, one declined by DA this year. The 3rd one I will remove and transfer to AXA.

Enough of DA... one of the forumer who is with DA is right....even a report with no claims is constituted a report and they will hold it against u. What silly rules.

Direct Asia is VERY selective about who they insure. I declared two incidents in last three years. They were not even claims as no claim was made for either. In the first, I was not at fault and the other driver's employer paid for the relatively small repair cost. The second is currently under dispute as Aviva repudiated my claim. So again, even though I wish to claim, Aviva did not allow me to. So no claim. Despite this, Direct Asia told me their underwriters had decided I was too risky to insure. What is ironic is that Direct Asia also refuses insurance for people who have had inurancve refused. So by refusing me insurance for no good reason, if all companies had their policy, I would not be able to get insurance at all. It is simply crazy. :wacko:

↡ Advertisement