Citroen C4 Picasso

Obscurest

Folks

thks for all the info.

The reason why I dun wana go for test drive becos is a cng. Heard tat power will b compromise n worst of all, I'm not a sensitive driver.

Anyway just came back frm test drive n true enough I really dun know if the power is compromised.

Now I ve a few Q about the CNG

1) Are there a lot of difference in power between a CNG n a non CNG car?

2) How many Km a full tank CNG can travelled?

3) anybody owned a CNG car n regret it n why?

Sorry though I may ve driven a few cars but I really only know how to drive but very poor in feeling the car.

A lot of times I ve to rely on friends to test drive for me.

Thks for all the help and at the same time sorry for my stupid Qs.

Thks

I dont own a CNG car. but my father used to drive a CnG Taxi. (remove liao.)

Yes power is compromised.

2ndly, for own car, you are compromising the space of your car boot.

↡ Advertisement

for cng u have to lug a 50kg tank, lose the boot space, lose the option of full flat floor loading ease

cng burns hotter and more wear and tear on all components from injectors to seals/rings

cng is dry, poor lubrication unlike petrol

limited cng stations in bird no lay egg places

u lose 20-25% power

cng is best pumped when cold temp to get more "weight" rather than volume

cng stations do NOT run from a main cng pipeline, they have lousy pressure

only the one run by union for the red colour taxi has a main pipeline and its for taxi use only with a 1hr queue

weigh the pros and cons

i dont think there is any pro in the first place, our vehicle system (LTA/ENV/SLA..etc) are not hybrid/biofuel/cng/any form of fuel other than petrol/diesel friendly

good cars dont deserve to run on second grade fuel

Edited by Furrynadz

is the ride height and sitting height tall ?

is it a 4 sp or 6 sp transmission ?

has anyone change the stereo unit to have those with USB port

Edited by Lycanthrope

not really tall, but I like for a fact that you dont have to climb higher into the car, nor sit lower as per a sedan. Perfect height at your butt if you know what I mean.

6 speed for the 7 seater Grand Picasso.

dunno about the USB port.

This is the review I contributed on sgcarmart. Awaiting delivery of the car.

Serendipity

Comfort : 5 / 5 Reliability : 3 / 5

Handling : 3 / 5 Features : 5 / 5

Exterior styling : 4 / 5 Interior design : 5 / 5

Value for the money : 4 / 5 Engine performance : 5 / 5

Would you recommend this vehicle to a friend? : Yes

Review

I've never taken a fancy to MPV's; previous 3 of my 5 cars were sports cars. Due to an expanding family, space is the number one priority.

One morning when my family was having breakfast at IKEA, we wanted to go have a look at some other car brands but somehow ended up in Citroen as we have never seen the new showroom. I wasn't very keen as sgcarmart labels it as a 4 speed auto; turns out to be a 6 speed EGS (semi-auto). Coupled with a 1.6 turbo engine, it is a deadly efficient urban people mover.

Very very pleasantly surprised by what the C4 Grand Picasso offers; ended up buying two (with my in-laws).

Other perks for ownership: free servicing and the buy-back scheme. Definitely a huge attraction for brand loyalty.

Lets in a lot of light through a lot of glass. Panoramic roof and the windscreen. Almost feels like driving a convertible but without the noise and smell. Also sun visors for the 2nd row, and glass for A-pillars. No worries for frontal blind spots.

Temp- adjustable air-con in 2nd row and air con vents in 3rd row. Air con can also be switched on even with the engine off. Very good for passengers in the car while topping up petrol.

2nd row seats are individually adjustable, and ingress to 3rd row is easy: the 2nd row seats just fold up entirely.

Went for a very long test drives on all types of roads. Definitely a cruiser on highways, and a tad bumpy on lesser roads. Maybe taller tyres will help?

Reset the on board computer and found the avg FC for my one hour drive is about 12km/L with a full load; didn't check for the subsequent test drives.

Engine was very useful in pulling its hefty 1.6tonne body with 7 passengers at the low range; anyway that is all about city driving; max torque at low rpm.

Plenty of cubby holes and storage spaces, as well as a separate mirror for looking at your passengers / kids.

At the end of the day, everyone gave a nod of approval. Maybe it's because they can enjoy the car without having to pay for it. Doesn't matter; for I know my family will be happy. And that matters most.

I was looking for a boring MPV but I found joy.

Serendipity is priceless.

What I like

The small but punchy engine

Low road tax and FC

EGS -- used to drive a 156 selespeed; love it.

Smart parking brake

Plenty of cubby holes

Lets in plenty of light

Versatility of seats

Adjustable air con on 2nd row

Air con for 3rd row

What I do not like

Bumpy over lesser roads

EGS could be a bane for some buyers; but they have to realize they will grow to like it

i like the C4GP a lot too but after test driving it, i really couldn't get used to the gearbox so i dropped the idea. however, everytime i see a C4GP, the thought of getting it keeps coming back. did you managed to get to the hang of the gear change at test drive?

my SE told me i'll grow to love the gear box like many of his customers but i just couldn't convince myself to buy something that i'm uncomfortable with and trust that i will be comfortable with it over time.

any good SE to intro ?

you can the SE who served me - Edward Neo. he knows his stuff and not pushy.

pm me if you are planning to buy. maybe we can get a better deal out of him by buying together.

i like the C4GP a lot too but after test driving it, i really couldn't get used to the gearbox so i dropped the idea. however, everytime i see a C4GP, the thought of getting it keeps coming back. did you managed to get to the hang of the gear change at test drive?

my SE told me i'll grow to love the gear box like many of his customers but i just couldn't convince myself to buy something that i'm uncomfortable with and trust that i will be comfortable with it over time.

I bought it for the gearbox. Similar system as the Selespeed on the alfa romeo's which I had owned. Yes, he is right. you will love the gearbox in due time.

you can the SE who served me - Edward Neo. he knows his stuff and not pushy.

pm me if you are planning to buy. maybe we can get a better deal out of him by buying together.

same SE. yup, he's good.

wah collecting the car he goes through every single detail took like 1 hour plus. He really ensures I know everything and even made me pair my phone bluetooth on the spot.

I almost wanted to tell him I JUS WANNA TAKE THE CAR AND DRIVE OFF!!! [laugh]

ironically

i have 3 citroen at home and none give problem with total combine mileage more than 200k

sometime cant blame the car, a lot depend on usage as well

maybe can share which model you had

Edited by Furrynadz

Neutral Newbie

I'm ex-Citroen owner, and with my 3 yrs experience with C&C, this is my comments:

Citroen makes beautiful car, but low standard electronic accessories, and worst service from C&C, both attitude & spare parts.

Within 3 yrs, my ex-C4 has the following changed/problems:

1. Temperature sensor

2. Child-Lock module (waited >3 months)

3. Front card compartment (waited for >1 month)

4. Fuel leakage to back-seat

5. Air-con leakage to front-seat (3 times and still not fixed)

6. High fuel consumption

Whoever want to buy a Citroen, a very good luck to you.

Wow. That's a fast response. Thks bro.

I ve heard tat CNG cars generally will not be tat responsive as compare to non CNG car. Just tat not sure how bad or big diff are they.

If "Responsiveness" or "Performance" is important to you, then CNG is not an option for you.

CNG is for fuel saving only, furthermore just think about carrying a heavy tank everywhere you go [bigcry]

Tested the 6 speed selespeed of the c4 GP previously.

Pro:

Nice interior with lotsa comfy things.

Lotsa added features like blower for the rear passengers, added interior wifi module for in the car surfing.

The large front driver window pane but in Sg might not be so great due to our climate. We want to block out more sun/ glare.

The rear 3rd row is pretty comfy for small size adults.

Cons:

This was the killer for me, the 6 speed selespeed gearbox. Absolutely hate it.it's like driving a manual with all the jerks. I think my family would not be used to the jerky ride.

The weird steering wheel.

Price right now.

There would be a new auto 6 speed gearbox and that might be a good ride.

Cheers

Sorry about not searching. Cos is too urgent as the chance is here so wana know fast.

Btw I forgot to add one more Q. If is a CNG car. Worth to buy?

I realise this is an old post but I would like to share with all about CNG cars anyway.

At least the seller is honest by leaving the CNG kit for TS to see. There are many CNG owners who dismantle the kit and push it off into the market as "regular" petrol cars to unsuspecting buyers

Firstly from LTA perspective it is no legal to dismantle it.

Secondly, the PARF of the car is reduced already because of the green rebate the first owner have enjoyed. The scrap value will not be the same as an equivalent normal petrol car.

Thirdly, CNG is known to damage certain engines.

I know from the above from an actual experience. The person who bought my 2nd hand car do so to replace his "crippled" CNG car which he was pushing into the market. He sold his CNG car to a dealer whom will charge him for dismantling his kit. I pity the buyer of his ex CNG car.

I owned a mar 2010 c4gp. Let me know if you need some true opinion of the car. I am more than glad to help.

Hi, Mrs and myself had been eyeing this car for ages but heard very negative reviews. Appreciate if you can let us know whether any improvement since the 2010 batch....

Thanks in advance!!!

↡ Advertisement