Baby Car Seat For Passengers

Silverkris

I have a question to ask:

I go to wedding dinner last week, after dinner, since quite late already, decided to send my brother, his wife and 3 year old son back home.

I do not have a kid so don't need baby car seat in my car.

On the way, got stopped by TP. I explained my situation and TP said after receive letter can go appeal.

Now in this case, what will you do?

1. Always buy a baby seat keep in boot even though may use only once a very long while (crazy decision)

2. Tell brother no car seat and ask them join Q to take Taxi. (maybe if you really hate your brother, my mum will look at me strangely too: your car got space dun send your tired nephew back home to rest? [super note: I adore my nephew too]. Plus mum and old relatives never understand new TP rules one: result: Strained relationships)

3. Try luck and drive them home. (my final choice)

No, I am not complaining. I take the risk and I bear the consequences. Just think the law so not flexible that those with car cannot tompang those without car and with kids?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I go to wedding dinner last week, after dinner, since quite late already, decided to send my brother, his wife and 3 year old son back home.

On the way, got stopped by TP. I explained my situation and TP said after receive letter can go appeal.

1. Always buy a baby seat keep in boot even though may use only once a very long while (crazy decision)

2. Tell brother no car seat and ask them join Q to take Taxi. (maybe if you really hate your brother, my mum will look at me strangely too: your car got space dun send your tired nephew back home to rest? [super note: I adore my nephew too]. Plus mum and old relatives never understand new TP rules one: result: Strained relationships)

No, I am not complaining. I take the risk and I bear the consequences. Just think the law so not flexible that those with car cannot tompang those without car and with kids?

for booster seat. you can get 1 at less than $30 dollar if you are going to ferry your nephew home.

Anyway, during that time, is your nephew seated and belted or was he standing up or sitting on the lap??

cause i will think most TP is okay if a yound children is seated down properly.

Turbocharged

already mentioned before, u just appeal to inform that the child passenger is occasional. if tp wants to enforce all the time, then kids take taxi how?

from spf website :

If my friend has a kid who is below 8 years old and they want to hitch a ride in my car and my car has no child seats, will I be penalized if I were stopped by TP?

All private vehicles that come with seat belts will have to abide by the seat belt rules so if you have a child below 8 years old travelling with you, you will need to have a child seat for him. Generally, our officers will exercise flexibility if such rides are infrequent and on ad-hoc basis. However, if the rides are frequent or regular, it is advised that you discuss with your friend on investing in a child seat.

Just appeal and should be able to get waiver.

I believe that TP was not 100% convinced that the child is not yours. Just wait for the letter & appeal. I believe you will be ok. I remembered the law only apply to those who are regularly ferrying kids e.g. Parents, caregivers, etc. TP should be more glexible to occasional kid passenger travelling with adult at the back.

Edited by Silver_blade

Agree that the TP probably not convinced.

Wanted u to appeal to clarify your case.

Imagine every one also say "kid not mine, I am just giving a ride".

As for Taxi and bus...

I agree that it is impossible and impractical to implement child seat rule on them.

I was arguing with my wife last week about the same topic when she wants to drive her nephew home, below 8.

She say not so suay one, TP will give chance... [rolleyes]

Do update status once finalized :D

he is resting on my brother's lap - Half asleep liao.

Maybe it is ok if the boy is seated in the middle with the seat belt fasten.

good luck to your appeal.

All Friends,

Next time when taking SBS BUS & LTA MRT must bring your own car seat and booster seat and all SBS BUS must install seat belt also. What the FxxK.........

Stupid TP wake up.....

Ya, I agree with you. It will really depend on whether the baby is seated properly.

Ya, I agree with you. It will really depend on whether the baby is seated properly.

you are all wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It depends on the mood of the TP, if his mood is good, you will not receive tickets.

Plus the mood of the person receiving yr appeal letter, if you already met the bad mood TP, if she feels like doing a good deed that day [bigcry]

Edited by Tom_kkh

1 question bro, is the kid sitting in-front???

Traffic law states that any child below 8 years of age are not allowed to be seated at the front without proper restraint regardless with an adult or not.

Remember bro, TPs nowadays are a bit free to patrol around neighborhoods cos more jobs are handed over to LTA.

Anyway... just prepare a good detail appeal letter explaining the situation honestly, if you got clean records most probably they just let you off with a notice.

Good luck anyways.

Turbocharged

never let the kid sit in the middle [sweatdrop]