Volvo Servicing

Gregwoon

Neutral Newbie

Thank you for your inputs.

Unfortunately, in this case, I was misled by the dealer who sold me the car and told me otherwise.

I hope potential 2nd-hand Volvo buyers will be informed so as to clear this up.

↡ Advertisement

I am not sure abt this point. Suggest that you ask this in VolvoSG club forum. If you have problem going in, I can ask on your behalf if you wish. Cheerios.

Neutral Newbie

Hi Fourth

If you could, can you also help to double check in the VolvoSG forum?

Thank you very much for your help!

Yes its true. The free servicing only applies to the 1st owner. Bought a 4 month old S40. Havent even hit 15k yet but all the free servicing void as im the second owner.

Yes its true. The free servicing only applies to the 1st owner. Bought a 4 month old S40. Havent even hit 15k yet but all the free servicing void as im the second owner.

u should just send it in for the free servicing. just say you send on behalf of yr boss.

unless u regisiter yrself as the new 2nd owner or the car is bought from volvoselect.

Dear All

I bought a 2009 pre-owned XC60 which came with 4 x free service package as a promotion by SM Motors.

However, when I sent in for servicing, SM claimed that this free service package is only offered to the 1st car owner.

I feel that they should still honour this since it was a deal which came with the car when they sold it.

To be fair, I would like to find out whether this policy is consistent for all 2nd-hand Volvo? In fact this is still being advertised by dealers in some of the used XC60 posts.

I would be grateful to anybody who is aware and can verify this.

Thank you!

Confirmed that the volvo maintenance package is only applicable to the orig owner. In fact, SM even provides a cert for it in the name of the orig owner which states it's not transferable. You shld seek a recourse from the used car dealer for misrespresentation of the facts.

Neutral Newbie

Confirmed that the volvo maintenance package is only applicable to the orig owner. In fact, SM even provides a cert for it in the name of the orig owner which states it's not transferable. You shld seek a recourse from the used car dealer for misrespresentation of the facts.

Do they really check I/C before they accept for servicing ? MB's servicing credit also tie to owner right? So those who bought pre-own, how C&C will know there's a change in ownership ?

Do they really check I/C before they accept for servicing ? MB's servicing credit also tie to owner right? So those who bought pre-own, how C&C will know there's a change in ownership ?

For wowo, they hv a service advisor assigned to the car. He/she would prob know if you're the orig owner.

For MB, the service credit oso not transferable. To make a service booking, gotta key in the NRIC.

dun think so. like i said in my earlier post, my friend just mentioned that he was bringing in the car for his friend (overseas lah blah blah blah).

anyway i usually send my car in v early b4 8, so they just accept the keys. did not ask for ic or any form of id. the key will be exchanged for a authorisation note which u use to claim back the key after servicing.

Neutral Newbie

Any idea if any of the below have advanced diagnostics capabilities? I understand many things can be tuned/set by plugging the ECU into a computer which I assume SM does.

My biggest grip with SM is that for every problem I have reported to them, their solution has always been to change the entire system.

For eg. "Service ABS System" warning light came on (and has been on for the past 7 months). SM Service advisor's solution : change the entire ABS brake system. Cost : S$2,100. WTF!? Like that I also can run a Volvo dealership! If they told me the ABS sensors are not working anymore and need to be changed, fine. I can swallow that. But they did not display any diagnostic troubleshooting at all.

Now I have an intermitten vibration when shifting between 3rd and 4th gears. I do not want to be told by SM to change the entire transmission/gear box at a cost I do not care to know.

Anybody with good experience with workshops for problems other than regular servicing, please let me know.

zenith, kian tiong, gary engineering and TJ car care at Shell Dunearn Kiosk

Neutral Newbie

bro... it maybe a bit late, kian tiong would be a better option. I am driving a 6 year old volvo v50 t5. so far KT did a good job on all my problems. look for mike (the workshop owner)

Neutral Newbie

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Am doing that and there are actually quite a few options.

So far these are recommended - Kian Teong, Gary's, Zenith, Auto Dynamac.

Gary's Engineering has the Volvo VIDA diagnostic tool. the same one used by SMM.

alternatively, as a quick diagnostic check, start your car (can be in the II - on pos, or engine running but car not moving). press & hold your read message button, then press the rear fog light twice.

The "checking DTC" message shd appear on the panel. press the read button to scroll thru' the messages. this is basic diagnostic check, and if any error codes in the modules are found, they will be displayed eg "ECM DTC set". the detailed error codes can only be read by the VIDA but at least you will know which module is giving u the error.

eg i had an error BCM (brake control module) DTC set. turned out the brake light switch was spoilt.

One yr too late it was definitely cheaper last yr. Overall one of better looking, powerful t5 engine and high safety score. Never fail to get me looking at it. I drv a V50 btw

Hi,Thinking to Buy a Volvo C70 T5 ,Any Advises or recommendation/

T5 should keep the grin on face. Tune potential also good.