Volvo Servicing

Gregwoon

Hi 

I have a Volvo s60 year 2008 and have problem with "Reduced Engine Performance"indicator  lighted up and the car engine stall a number of times.

The car dealer indicated some throttle problem and need to replace the part and it cost  S$2800.00

Any person face the same problem?

Where can I get the second hand part as this car is going to scrap in one year +.

Thanks.

Calvary

Try this scrap yard.  You may find the part you want. 

http://propel-auto.com/?page_id=269

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

Been using gary engineering for my wowoo......

Not a bad workshop..... used him coz i see many fellow wowoo forummers patronise him.

Neutral Newbie

Hi ,

Can any one recommend where I can get new/resale Volvo engine control module or engine control unit ,Part No. 8603115 ?

The Volvo authorized  dealer quoted $ 2800.00 for the engine control module ,Part No. 8603115 .

My Volvo model S60  2.0 T  registered end of  2007 ,another one year+ to scrap.

Thanks.

Invest in a cheap OBD II scanner, to make sure it is the part mentioned giving the problem and not one that is cheaper to rectify.  At 2800 for 1 more year, it doesn't sound to be worth the repair.....

There is no value in the car body,

First it's the TB then ECM...

It could be something as simple as SP or MAF sensor.

What are the codes stored?

Pm me your contact and I'll hook you up with someone who can help with just a fraction of 2.8k if it's really the case of ECM failure.

Neutral Newbie

Invest in a cheap OBD II scanner, to make sure it is the part mentioned giving the problem and not one that is cheaper to rectify.  At 2800 for 1 more year, it doesn't sound to be worth the repair.....

There is no value in the car body,

What is the OBD II scanner & the cost ?

First it's the TB then ECM...

It could be something as simple as SP or MAF sensor.

What are the codes stored?

Pm me your contact and I'll hook you up with someone who can help with just a fraction of 2.8k if it's really the case of ECM failure.

Thanks for your assistance.

Neutral Newbie

I always believe regular recommended maintenance is the key for trouble free driving for any car. I have owned 8 cars in my 30years of driving. Trust me on this one...when your car is done by the main agent, you do feel a sense of assurance and a deeper realization on reliability..u can call it physological or a pure fact. My current car is a 2008 xc60 3.0 T6. It has clocked 240K miles and so far had zero issues..(touch wood). So lets continue to believe on maintenance..just like our favorite analogy how brushing teeth everyday, shower, exercise and healthy food gives us assurances. If we skimmon any of those, we know what happens..cheers! Enjoy driving.

Like to check what is the current cost to service volvo at Wearnes? Basic servicing for 90000km.

Anyone know the standard interval servicing schedule?

15K km

Hi Eyke,

Noted that it 15000km per interval servicing

Anyone know roughly what kind of budget each servicing will cost at Wearnes?

Thks

still under warranty or after warranty?

Post-warranty, you set aside at least $600-S$800 per servicing.

That should be sufficient.

Think Wearnes has post-warranty servicing packages at reasonable pricing and you may want to call them to find out.

• Praise 2

Think Wearnes has post-warranty servicing packages at reasonable pricing and you may want to call them to find out.

Thanks Eug1388

Still under warranty. Hear nowadays quite ex.

Any workshop to recommend other than Wearnes

Thanks Eug1388

Still under warranty. Hear nowadays quite ex.

Any workshop to recommend other than Wearnes

Major servicing..expect to pay even more...I just paid about 2K for 135K servicing... :ouch-it-hurts:

• Praise 1

Most of what you pay goes to the free coffee/biscuit, and taxi ride.... [lipsrsealed]

Volvo servicing like oil/filter change very simple one.  I can even DIY if I want.  Not recommended if still under warranty of course.

Normal WS also can do simple replacements like brake pads, shocks, belts.

Most of what you pay goes to the free coffee/biscuit, and taxi ride.... [lipsrsealed]

Volvo servicing like oil/filter change very simple one. I can even DIY if I want. Not recommended if still under warranty of course.

Normal WS also can do simple replacements like brake pads, shocks, belts.

Haha true you paying for all the free coffee/biscuit & cab...

Simple replacement like brake pads also chargeable

↡ Advertisement