New Volvo S60 or Lexus IS 250

Yahgo22

Neutral Newbie

As you may know...The new S60 had got for himself some pre-launch scandals and I must say that the new S60 is not quite a looker on picture but have a good look at it in reality its actually quite nice. I had read somewhere that Stefan Jacoby the new Volvo CEO, former VW CEO will lead the brand towards being a rival of the luxury german brands. By the looks of their 2011 models, I am quite positive about it though, having Geely in the picture, I have my fingers crossed as the chinese doesn't have a good reputation over quality but China today somewhat holds a fair share of the worlds money. Take look at Lenovo...I think the chinese did a good job so far but lets face it, It had lost the "Think Pad" indentity somehow but given it a sense of relavance in today's context.

As a Volvo owner...I cast my votes to none because:

1. IS is really too old to impress.

2. S60 looks lagi like a chinese coffin with is colour and size.

3. I hope Volvo will relook into their german rivals car technology and start making cars that are today, not just looking today!

If I really have to choose and I have a choice...I'll go for Audi A4 anytime!

Gambel

↡ Advertisement

The BN 2 litre A4 is at $190k.

The New S60 at $150 is very attractive.

Which one you prefer driving? At the end of the day upfront costs appears about similar. It's your money TS please spend it the way u deem fit.

My friend had an S60. After 40,000km was asked to do an engine overhaul for $10k.

sure boh? 40,000km still under warranty so why muz pay? unless modded.

The S60 feel, interior material used, design and space are better than the IS. S60 anytime. In fact, I am waiting to see the V60 (the estate verion of S60) and would like to get it if the price is right.

not accurate leh.SGcarmart put $188k+.

IS 250 road tax +$600/year.Slightly lower torque.

Considering price & road tax,IS 250 could save you 16k in 10 years.

S60 how many litre? IS250 is 1.8k road tax per year where got save?

What bout MB C180 Blue efficiency? It's quite cheap and even roadtax is 1.6l!

that 1.6L one is kompressor, not TC CGI.

Neutral Newbie

Anythime S60... is for life, i'm still stick with my old 2005 S60. Kenna kiss by others 6 times, sad to say the other cars cannot make it after impact. Engine so far still very strong n i still can go at 190km/h without any problem.

I will take S60 btween these 2 too.

Told my 2nd-in-command that my next car may be another conti brand, but she said she is sure I will stay with Volvo. She can tell I love my existing one, which is >5 yrs and still running strong. [laugh]

What bout MB C180 Blue efficiency? It's quite cheap and even roadtax is 1.6l!

i believe its the 1.8L model thats on sale now. Kompressor is supercharged.

Neutral Newbie

The BN 2 litre A4 is at $190k.

The New S60 at $150 is very attractive.

In my humble opinion...Most sedan buyers won't be driving their pride and glory for more than 5-7 years, having said that resale value should be something we consider before our purchase. The reason why I choose the A4 over the S60 and IS250 it really boils down to 1. Design, 2. Technology, 3. Popularity and last but not least 4. Space.

All the above mentioned are great cars and very comparable and I sincerely apologize for commenting abit off the topic.

↡ Advertisement