Sending videos to TP

Jchuacl

taxi drivers are on the road 9hours+ a day unlike you and me

a single demerit point will take 1 whole year to clear provided you don't get any further points inbetween

beating a traffic light is 9 points if i'm not wrong

this is the person's rice bowl we are talking about here

besides, if your lights just turned red, traffic lights at the other road won't be green immediately too!

if the cab really did care about his rice bowl, he shouldnt be chionging red light in the first place. that's not his rice bowl you're talking about. that's his life and other people's life. i think that's more impt than rice bowl....

↡ Advertisement

a single demerit point will take 1 whole year to clear provided you don't get any further points inbetween

besides, if your lights just turned red, traffic lights at the other road won't be green immediately too!

All of us in the forum understand the fact .... taxi drivers are making a living. And frankly all of us are making a living as well and the taxi drivers just happen to spend more time on the road making a living.

Why should they be given concession ? I appaul TS for his efforts, please report the case to TP, the taxi driver deserve some punishment ....

Neutral Newbie

Below is what you should do. Hope it helps.

You may wish to provide us with the following information for appropriate

action to be taken against the vehicle reported.:

- your full particulars (full name, residential address, NRIC and

contact numbers)

- your confirmation of willingness to testify in court should the

offender dispute the case; and

- clear images (photos/videos) and/or particulars of independent

witness(es).

Upon receiving your email, our officers from Investigation and Violation

Reports Branch will then conduct investigations. Please be assured that

your particulars are required for verification and will be kept strictly

confidential for the purpose of investigations. You may be required to

provide your statement to the Investigation Officer in Traffic Police if

the driver disputes the offence. We regret to inform that TP will be unable

to proceed further in the absence of any of the above detailed information.

please be informed that I have extended a copy of your email to LTA. The

relevant officer will look into the matter and reply to you in due course.

You may contact LTA at [email protected].

Your kind understanding is most appreciated, thank you.

cc: LTA - Kindly assist to forward a copy of the preceding to the relevant

taxi company for their attention and reply.

got one time i was in the middle lane.

a long bus (those with 2 sections) was on the left lane....

we were first vehicles at the red light junction

when green light, we move off together

bus was a lot faster than me (i like to take it slow and easy because it was a sunday ^_^ )

suddenly, the bus slow down alot for no reason [confused]

i see already also blur [confused] so i also slow down (thinking something must be bo ho sei liao [sweatdrop] )

suddenly got one mpv chiong out [shocked] (mpv wanted to turn right)

these kind of people also have.....bus also dare to hiong, no scared die [hur]

i'm sure u have been a driver for some time..have u observed that some bikes like to move off b4 the lights turn green? with the taxi charging through a red light and the 2 events coincide..what will happen? think logically [:)]

i'm sure u have been a driver for some time..have u observed that some bikes like to move off b4 the lights turn green? with the taxi charging through a red light and the 2 events coincide..what will happen? think logically [:)]

Nothing to do with logic ..... just stupidity and being irresponsible for having such thoughts.

They maybe reckless, acting like a racer but there are drivers who are like taxi drivers who love to do that too.

Some taxi drivers do not belong to reckless category, but for this case, some time it is better to have warning letter for them.

It is better to be safe than sorry. Beating red light is not nice, not when situation occurred tho.

Neutral Newbie

so other pple dun work 9+ hours a day?

other pple dun work hard for their rice bowl?

bus driver also work very long n hard, good veh, van driver also are on the road 9+ hr a day

i dun see all of them beating red light?

so taxi driver rice bowl impt, other people lifes, other pple rice bowl not impt?

wake up ur idea!

Hi,

For those who have sent videos to TP on. errant motorists , do you upload the videos to file sharing websites and include the link into ur email ? If not, how else it was done ? Thanks.

PS: This is for a cab driver who ran a red light .

Hi

I agree that some cab drivers are very reckless and I encountered many times myself as well. But is there anyway we can Forgive & Forget provided that the cab driver is not trying to show off or being rude to other road users? Maybe the cab driver was tired and didn't realized it was red light . Your report might cause the cab driver lose the job and we do not know whether he is the sole bread winner.

Above are just my personal view.

then both at fault for running red lights

you can't just push the blame to the taxi

besides those bikers in your scenario are humans with brains too

they won't move off when they see a taxi across the junction moving at too high a speed to stop before the traffic line

so other pple dun work 9+ hours a day?

other pple dun work hard for their rice bowl?

bus driver also work very long n hard, good veh, van driver also are on the road 9+ hr a day

i dun see all of them beating red light?

so taxi driver rice bowl impt, other people lifes, other pple rice bowl not impt?

wake up ur idea!

pls la, you are comparing a taxi against a bus when it comes to speed and handling?

how on earth can a bus out maneuver a taxi!?

want to compare, compare apples with apples!

Neutral Newbie

pls la, you are comparing a taxi against a bus when it comes to speed and handling?

how on earth can a bus out maneuver a taxi!?

want to compare, compare apples with apples!

what abt goods veh?

i m sure other forumer here can testify that a certain FIAT DOBLO van dat is very powerful dat can outmanouver many cars, dun mention taxis

I have thought about it for 5 days before deciding to take action as for me, it is the best course of action before anyone gets hurt.

We don't owe anyone a living and neither should anyone expect others to give them a living.

A few data before the incident, a taxi ran over someone 20m in front of me at traffic lights and I didn't see clearly what happened as a cab at the same time, dashed out from a building exit road and I had to take evasive action . Worst of all, I didn't shutdown my recorder properly or else I would have the accident video on hand .

I have thought about it for 5 days before deciding to take action as for me, it is the best course of action before anyone gets hurt.

We don't owe anyone a living and neither should anyone expect others to give them a living.

A few data before the incident, a taxi ran over someone 20m in front of me at traffic lights and I didn't see clearly what happened as a cab at the same time, dashed out from a building exit road and I had to take evasive action . Worst of all, I didn't shutdown my recorder properly or else I would have the accident video on hand .

Hi TS,

U have my support, please do what thing is right. Just ignore certain "shallow" people and not to be effected by their comments. You did the righteous thing .... and I would have done the same if i am in the same situation.

Cheers

Hi

I agree that some cab drivers are very reckless and I encountered many times myself as well. But is there anyway we can Forgive & Forget provided that the cab driver is not trying to show off or being rude to other road users? Maybe the cab driver was tired and didn't realized it was red light . Your report might cause the cab driver lose the job and we do not know whether he is the sole bread winner.

Above are just my personal view.

i have a different opinion, if that taxi driver is the sole bread winner, he has to be even more careful when he is on the road. If he get involved in an accident by being reckless and lose his ability to drive, what will happen to his family then ?

To me, there is no good excuse for being reckless and irresponsible.

Don't wish to dampen the spirits of TS too much, but the reality of the situation is that TP is hardly going to take any action or even deign to reply to your submission. Even if your photos/videos are in HD, 3D or vivid color.

I have sent a few times before, but to no avail. I think only if the TS is someone elite then the TP will take any actiion. Otherwise your email will end up as junk mail. If you really want to get some form of action from TP - need to make police report in person with evidence. Even this may not be successful.

I think our TP are too busy/understaffed to respond to normal citizens - even if your actions are civic and in interest of public safety. [shakehead]

If you feel very strongly about submitting it, I do wish you the best. Please keep us posted if the TP does take any action. [thumbsup]

Don't wish to dampen the spirits of TS too much, but the reality of the situation is that TP is hardly going to take any action or even deign to reply to your submission. Even if your photos/videos are in HD, 3D or vivid color.

I have sent a few times before, but to no avail. I think only if the TS is someone elite then the TP will take any actiion. Otherwise your email will end up as junk mail. If you really want to get some form of action from TP - need to make police report in person with evidence. Even this may not be successful.

I think our TP are too busy/understaffed to respond to normal citizens - even if your actions are civic and in interest of public safety. [shakehead]

If you feel very strongly about submitting it, I do wish you the best. Please keep us posted if the TP does take any action. [thumbsup]

Bro, this is definitely not true. I have written in to complain about a road junction design before and LTA replied to say their piece & cc to TP. TP also invite me to submit further evidence if I have. Of course their replies sounded standard govt letters, but at least they did reply [:)] . So, got hope lah ...

↡ Advertisement