Sending videos to TP

Jchuacl

Don't wish to dampen the spirits of TS too much, but the reality of the situation is that TP is hardly going to take any action or even deign to reply to your submission. Even if your photos/videos are in HD, 3D or vivid color.

I have sent a few times before, but to no avail. I think only if the TS is someone elite then the TP will take any actiion. Otherwise your email will end up as junk mail. If you really want to get some form of action from TP - need to make police report in person with evidence. Even this may not be successful.

I think our TP are too busy/understaffed to respond to normal citizens - even if your actions are civic and in interest of public safety. [shakehead]

If you feel very strongly about submitting it, I do wish you the best. Please keep us posted if the TP does take any action. [thumbsup]

I have sent in many feedbacks to TP too. Whether they eventually deliver on their promises to take action or not, it is beyond us.

But I do believe we should stand up to our rights to have safer roads. So, I believe if more and more or us give graphical feedbacks to TP, it will eventually force their hands to do something. If you really wish to force their hand to do something, you can copy some of the newspapers' feedback addresses too.

This will prevent the TP from idling in their air-con offices while motorist are subjected to danger on the roads each day. Our honest wish is to have safer roads. Those who make their living on the roads - taxi and vans, lorries, trucks.. they should then think twice about breaking their rice-bowls before driving recklessly. This is the ideal result.

Think our job is to give feedback via proper channels. That could be a source of ventilation room compared to taking things into our own hands and trying to get back at these errant drivers on the road.

↡ Advertisement

Hi,

For those who have sent videos to TP on. errant motorists , do you upload the videos to file sharing websites and include the link into ur email ? If not, how else it was done ? Thanks.

PS: This is for a cab driver who ran a red light .

This is cool.....I think I should do that, especially when alot of cars like to zoom down Still road....I can put up my videocam on my balcony and start taking it....definitely alot of them will kenna especially at late night when alot of cars always wanna try on that stretch..... [sly]

Don't wish to dampen the spirits of TS too much, but the reality of the situation is that TP is hardly going to take any action or even deign to reply to your submission. Even if your photos/videos are in HD, 3D or vivid color.

I have sent a few times before, but to no avail. I think only if the TS is someone elite then the TP will take any actiion. Otherwise your email will end up as junk mail. If you really want to get some form of action from TP - need to make police report in person with evidence. Even this may not be successful.

I think our TP are too busy/understaffed to respond to normal citizens - even if your actions are civic and in interest of public safety. [shakehead]

If you feel very strongly about submitting it, I do wish you the best. Please keep us posted if the TP does take any action. [thumbsup]

Hi [wave] Mr.Thusara,

Good day.

This morning at 08:10 hrs, SLE towards TPE was having a massive traffic jam, every vehicles crawling like the infamous Woodland Causeway Jam.

A mit.colt lady driver filtered into major road of TPE and a toyota liteace knocked into her rear, then both drivers alighted to talk and taking pictures, suddenly a slim TP ride in and asking them to pull off at the side with his fingers pointing to the road side, to my supprise, both drivers ignored him ! and continue busy with thier camera for more shots.

Guess what happened ? The TP ran back to his white bike to retrieve his summons booklet ! I was like [dizzy] ........ Ah.........so....."On" and "strick" leh.

So we've Double Standard of treatments here lah [whip] , join me to leave this miserable kantree [wave] ???

i have a different opinion, if that taxi driver is the sole bread winner, he has to be even more careful when he is on the road. If he get involved in an accident by being reckless and lose his ability to drive, what will happen to his family then ?

To me, there is no good excuse for being reckless and irresponsible.

Hi Civic 6228

OK, maybe my own view is too one sided. Your opinion is accepted.

If I am not wrong, those who report, must be ready to stand as a witness, do not report but refused to be a witness, it will be a waste of time. The best is, everyone drives carefully and make Singapore a safe country to live in.

All the best!

Hi,

For those who have sent videos to TP on. errant motorists , do you upload the videos to file sharing websites and include the link into ur email ? If not, how else it was done ? Thanks.

PS: This is for a cab driver who ran a red light .

maybe a youtube link will do ? too bad my nite videos poor quality.... very reckless....

i think this time the TP do the rite ting..

u mention the road was already jam and traffic crawl to a slow pace...

when in traffic accident... obey the instruction given by the TP... TP ask u to move to road side... u better do that... it is also common sense..

u got a accident in the middle of the road.. dont block traffic.....

even without TP instruction... also better to move to road side.... the only exception is when someone get hurt or die....then better dont move anything.. wait for help...

I just want to do what I needed to do rather than sitting back and doing nothing. I'm not out for blood, nor to get the cabby out of job but just highlight to the cab driver that what he is doing is dangerous.

If nothing happens, it's ok as I've done what I needed to do.

taxi drivers are on the road 9hours+ a day unlike you and me

a single demerit point will take 1 whole year to clear provided you don't get any further points inbetween

beating a traffic light is 9 points if i'm not wrong

this is the person's rice bowl we are talking about here

besides, if your lights just turned red, traffic lights at the other road won't be green immediately too!

its 12 demerit points fyi... the penalty is so high bcos its a serious offence. its not about someone ricebowl.. its the matter of safety and when sefety comes in, nothing is more important.

if the taxi driver cant take 9 hours driving a day. he should change job instead of risking his n other life. simple as that. Its unfair for other road user to share the risk, simply bcos someone ricebowl...

I just want to do what I needed to do rather than sitting back and doing nothing. I'm not out for blood, nor to get the cabby out of job but just highlight to the cab driver that what he is doing is dangerous.

If nothing happens, it's ok as I've done what I needed to do.

Bro, go for it... you have my support. I'm working very hard too, but I want to reach home safely after each day of work and be able to start another new day again the next day.

And if I commited an offend, I deserve the punishment....

It seems like I've become a magnet for encountering cars beating red light. Today just encounter another Honda Civic doing that.

Below is the link which I've uploaded the video.

It seems like I've become a magnet for encountering cars beating red light. Today just encounter another Honda Civic doing that.

Below is the link which I've uploaded the video.

WTH man, this one me 100% support u and go report, this can easily cause unwanted accident, get these irresponsible drivers out of the roads pls!!

Already done and TP said they will take action against the driver .

WTH man, this one me 100% support u and go report, this can easily cause unwanted accident, get these irresponsible drivers out of the roads pls!!

Wah this one I think is not beating red light----Think driver is totally blind. Never even bother to slow down.....WTF was he thinking. TS pls report all guys who beat red lights cos its damn blardy dangerous. Good on u bro.

Somehow I got a feeling that he's going to blast through the red light and that's why I stopped even though the first car in front of me has already completed his turn. In fact, I press my horn just before he cross the stop line all the way till he shoot past me (And that's why you see the pedestrians were looking at the car). He did not even wave sorry or even bother to look at me when he went past me.

Wah this one I think is not beating red light----Think driver is totally blind. Never even bother to slow down.....WTF was he thinking. TS pls report all guys who beat red lights cos its damn blardy dangerous. Good on u bro.