Hyundai Avante VS Kia Cerato Forte

SGCMmaomao

forte is priced low for a reason.. cos they have to save on materials where they can. no bi-xenon/LED lights to start with. i can't comment on the interior cos i never seen before but based on what I read, it feels cheapo

You are rite, my sis god a forte found out tat the compressor made in India

↡ Advertisement

You are rite, my sis god a forte found out tat the compressor made in India

What's wrong with that? Labour is much cheaper in India than Korea what.

If can save cost, yet not compromise on quality, why not?

avante pick up better, forte got style no speed/under power for 1.6.

Even the new 6 speed forte also under power? [:/]

Even the new 6 speed forte also under power? [:/]

i think problem with Korean cars is that they are overweight - 1.3 tonnes for a 1.6 model....the engine will be struggling....

i have owned Kia Cerato HB 2005 model for almost 6yrs. Was on manual gear & i find it hard to pull a heavy body with 1.6 engine.

2.0 Forte should be ok as it has higher torque at 194Nm.

But good point about heavy chassis is that on NSHW, it's quite stable for 160km/h cruising.

i think problem with Korean cars is that they are overweight - 1.3 tonnes for a 1.6 model....the engine will be struggling....

i have owned Kia Cerato HB 2005 model for almost 6yrs. Was on manual gear & i find it hard to pull a heavy body with 1.6 engine.

But good point about heavy chassis is that on NSHW, it's quite stable for 160km/h cruising.

Have to say i dun agree lah. I had Fit (GE6) before. After reach 90 to 100, want to go faster very difficult. That started me on the mods path: open pod, BBTB, pivot 3 drive throttle controller, HKS exhaust & unichip. Then only performance became acceptable.

My koup now stock exhaust, no open pod, no throttle controller also can easily accelerate beyond 100kmh. NSHW can do 140kmh+ but i dun dare for too long cos wait got speed trap. Anyway at 140kmh also cannot maintatin cos will meet one roadhogger after another. My fren sitting with me commented very stable, didn't even realise i was going dat fast.

Have to say i dun agree lah. I had Fit (GE6) before. After reach 90 to 100, want to go faster very difficult. That started me on the mods path: open pod, BBTB, pivot 3 drive throttle controller, HKS exhaust & unichip. Then only performance became acceptable.

My koup now stock exhaust, no open pod, no throttle controller also can easily accelerate beyond 100kmh. NSHW can do 140kmh+ but i dun dare for too long cos wait got speed trap. Anyway at 140kmh also cannot maintatin cos will meet one roadhogger after another. My fren sitting with me commented very stable, didn't even realise i was going dat fast.

I'm talking about acceleration timing.....

No need to do so much for GE6 to go higher than 100km/h....i owning GE6 now... :ph34r:

Edited by Cephas

Fit so weak meh? i'm surprised....

I'm talking about acceleration timing.....

No need to do so much for GE6 to go higher than 100km/h....i owning GE6 now... :ph34r:

Dun know leh. I just sharing my honest opinion. When cruising at 90 to 100 and want to do (rolling) acceleration, quite difficult. Dats wat i mean.

OT a little bit....but still related to Avante....

i wonder how many Avante (automatic) owners use the gear to downshift when they want to overtake on expressways.....last time, my Komoco SE told me tat's wat the "3" gear is for....i tried a couple of times, but not really tat useful, so in the end never continued using tat method...

Dun know leh. I just sharing my honest opinion. When cruising at 90 to 100 and want to do (rolling) acceleration, quite difficult. Dats wat i mean.

do you mean when your fit is in stock condition that you experience this difficulty?

after all your mods, is it easier to accelerate during 100km/h or more?

Edited by Cephas

hi guys

I'm considering a used Kia Cerato Forte 1.6sx 2009 or 2010 model.  Anyone can comment on the following:

1.  Performance of the car

2.  FC

3.  Any major mechanical problem

4.  Easy to get spare parts if problem

5.  Any other issue

If comes with Kappa engine - efficient and strong.

C&C servicing is thorough, though a bit ex, but all parts availability no issues.

Just avoid the CVT models ... won't last

Full auto, or manual

For more than 10 year old Jap cars, I heard it is still possible to import a 3year old engine or auto gear box from Japan. So there is no problem driving a Jap car to its 20th year mark.

For older Korean cars, is it possible to replace/repair engines or gear box in this way? Are the parts still in production?

The scrap value of Korean car is lower and looks good for COE renewal.

↡ Advertisement