Strut bar/lower arm bar

F1fan

Are they for different purposes?

They are basically to reinforce the chassis to make it more rigid. Thus when you do hard cornering, the chassis will not flex as much and you get better handling.

You do not need them for daily driving though and they do not improve performance.

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?autoco...mp;product=5744

This ad explains it pretty well.

Take note that anti-roll bar is not for reinforcing chassis and it has nothing to do with making the chassis rigid.

By adding a strut bar, does it failed my annual veh. inspection.. If no, how much is a sturt bar for a Kia Cerato Forte.. This vehicle is damned light and it often lose traction slightly when cornering

By adding a strut bar, does it failed my annual veh. inspection.. If no, how much is a sturt bar for a Kia Cerato Forte.. This vehicle is damned light and it often lose traction slightly when cornering

Hey man

Your inspection wont be void, dont worry your safe.

They run about 100-250 normally.

I know fortes, they are awesome cars, but as you mentioned, light.

May i stress that the strut bar is more for light cornering, if you prefer to have better cornering such as the turns on the O.T lane on ECP in front of sands,

perhaps a better anti roll bar and sways are in order, even endlinks.

my 2 cents and all the best.

Hey man

Your inspection wont be void, dont worry your safe.

They run about 100-250 normally.

I know fortes, they are awesome cars, but as you mentioned, light.

May i stress that the strut bar is more for light cornering, if you prefer to have better cornering such as the turns on the O.T lane on ECP in front of sands,

perhaps a better anti roll bar and sways are in order, even endlinks.

my 2 cents and all the best.

Thanks for the advice but where to get a good deal for dat.. Any recommendation??

Thanks for the advice but where to get a good deal for dat.. Any recommendation??

Good deal? It depends on what brand you are after. Branded ones are like Cusco while cheaper ones are Ultra Racing.

Neutral Newbie

I hear that adding a Strut Bar, the car will have better grip in corner.

But i like to check, will it affect the comfort of the car?

Your intention to hit a lamppost/tree and break the car into two or flipped over after hitting kerb?

Lost of road adhersion:

Travelling speed exceed the manufacturer's design

Travelling speed exceed the road design

Car not properly maintained

Driver not familiar with car/road

Adding strut bar does not improve road adhersion

Adding strut bar reduce/remove early alert of any forth-coming all wheels/front wheels skidding, called lost control of car

I hear that adding a Strut Bar, the car will have better grip in corner.

But i like to check, will it affect the comfort of the car?

It improves higher speed cornering. If you do not have habit of fast cornering then you might not miss it.

Increasing rigidity also means you will lose comfort. This is quite noticeable.

Your intention to hit a lamppost/tree and break the car into two or flipped over after hitting kerb?

Lost of road adhersion:

Travelling speed exceed the manufacturer's design

Travelling speed exceed the road design

Car not properly maintained

Driver not familiar with car/road

Adding strut bar does not improve road adhersion

Adding strut bar reduce/remove early alert of any forth-coming all wheels/front wheels skidding, called lost control of car

Add one more. Tires may need to change liao.

But like mention, under normal driving, under normal road condition, no car should lose traction. Unless damn heavy rain (Which you should drive slower to begin with) or you passed a oil patch, no way should a car lose traction.

I have driven for so many years, the only times I skidded was in snow/icy roads, & attempt drift in a snow fill carpark.

I follow a simple rule. Drive slow at corner, rain, & even slower at unfamiliar roads. Worked so far.

I do not disapprove having roll bars, they are good for tracking. But if it is due to lost traction in normal road driving, there are more critical concerns IMO.

Add one more. Tires may need to change liao.

But like mention, under normal driving, under normal road condition, no car should lose traction. Unless damn heavy rain (Which you should drive slower to begin with) or you passed a oil patch, no way should a car lose traction.

I have driven for so many years, the only times I skidded was in snow/icy roads, & attempt drift in a snow fill carpark.

I follow a simple rule. Drive slow at corner, rain, & even slower at unfamiliar roads. Worked so far.

I do not disapprove having roll bars, they are good for tracking. But if it is due to lost traction in normal road driving, there are more critical concerns IMO.

Agree. But he only mentioned strut bar, he left out tire... Perhaps too many can confused him.

↡ Advertisement