Free/Cheap parking near Singapore Expo

Parkingidiot

it's ok one lah... open campus concept... i always lunch time go there bio mei mei too..

the ite ah lians some quite hot.... haha

it's true... brain and breast size are inversely proportional!!!

↡ Advertisement

bro... nt true that it costs 16 to 20.

i rmb that time i got exam at expo. there is a cap at dunno how much.

dunno issit 13bucks.

the way i see it, it is worth the money becoz of the nt so efficient transfer of mrt at tanah merah, time is saved. but u need to use money to exchange for that time.

and also even if u take mrt, it is nt that cheap.

so factoring in the costs of mrt and travelling time, the money u saved from nt driving there is nt enough for a meal at expo area? :P just my fren's analogy for driving vs mrt.

its 12 bucks plus. so 13 bucks is correct.

TS might want to check if can buy complimentry parking ticket with expo? think if have sell around 7.00 plus.

ok.. at the expo now. There is free wifi with SG Wireless. Quite good reception.

I found parking under a shady spot at the Sunbird ave... quite a number of other drivers with same idea - there was a line of cars already there (or they could be residents who had not yet gone to work, LOL!) It was exactly a 6min walk to the expo across the road from there. So no worries there.

If at the end of the day, my car is still there and in one piece, I'll recommend this as a good free parking spot for everyone who goes to Singapore Expo, however there is limited space available. So advise to come slightly early.

bro... nt true that it costs 16 to 20.

i rmb that time i got exam at expo. there is a cap at dunno how much.

dunno issit 13bucks.

the way i see it, it is worth the money becoz of the nt so efficient transfer of mrt at tanah merah, time is saved. but u need to use money to exchange for that time.

and also even if u take mrt, it is nt that cheap.

so factoring in the costs of mrt and travelling time, the money u saved from nt driving there is nt enough for a meal at expo area? :P just my fren's analogy for driving vs mrt.

hmm, unisim's exam in year 2008???

it's ok one lah... open campus concept... i always lunch time go there bio mei mei too..

Haaa, if u just go there for lunch and then goes off shld be ok. But if u park there for whole day, wait car kena "wheel camp"! [:p]

Looks like nowadays ITE canteen is open to public eh?! [:)]

Haaa, if u just go there for lunch and then goes off shld be ok. But if u park there for whole day, wait car kena "wheel camp"! [:p]

Looks like nowadays ITE canteen is open to public eh?! [:)]

inside got resturant too... lobster porridge not bad...

Neutral Newbie

will visit when i'm back in sg, i live near simei ite.

sim siang choon got free parking but a bit far to walk [idea]

Sim siang choon quite a distance to walk to raech the expo hall! [rolleyes]

ok.. at the expo now. There is free wifi with SG Wireless. Quite good reception.

I found parking under a shady spot at the Sunbird ave... quite a number of other drivers with same idea - there was a line of cars already there (or they could be residents who had not yet gone to work, LOL!) It was exactly a 6min walk to the expo across the road from there. So no worries there.

If at the end of the day, my car is still there and in one piece, I'll recommend this as a good free parking spot for everyone who goes to Singapore Expo, however there is limited space available. So advise to come slightly early.

know you are trying to benefit MCFers... but by doing this... sooner or later action will be taken to ensure it does not become a free parking spot anymore

Neutral Newbie

know you are trying to benefit MCFers... but by doing this... sooner or later action will be taken to ensure it does not become a free parking spot anymore

once the residents complain.. =D

i have friend's living there.

true, true ... i guess one's mileage may vary. Well, hope this does not get abused, and there remains free parking for everyone into the future, and all those utilising the space doing it considerately.

was looking at the Signature building on the ma... seems they have relatively cheap parking:

Time Mon - Sat

6am - 8am $0.50 per 1/2 hr

8am - 9am Free

9am - 12pm $0.50 per 1/2 hr

12pm - 2pm Free

2pm - 10pm $0.50 per 1/2 hr

So if park from 9am to 5pm - the cost should be about 6 bucks a day. Which seems reasonable.

Is it walking distance from the Expo? On the map seems not really far.. but not sure.. anyone work around there can confirm?

Or any other better place to recommend?

its far... say about 10-20mins walk...

i ever park along the road at that area on a IT show...

goodness it seems it nv end...

Seems on the other side of the map - there is a street called Sunbird Ave - a private estate. Can park there? Broken white line on middle of 2 way street, and one side has double yellow - can park on the other side without double yellow? The gothere street view shows cars already parked there - seems ok. And free, somemore! But open air - dunno how safe from birds and leaves, etc...

sorry, sidetrack a little, go there has street view? I thought only google map has it?

Neutral Newbie

sorry, sidetrack a little, go there has street view? I thought only google map has it?

ya... gothere got street view. very helpful.

i like their user interface better

I thought ppl are very tech savvy nowadays with iphones & Andriod phones. The app Carpark@SG will let you know what is needed. Even do a search online also can easily find. Somemore TS drive car, even if you are not Scout trained you can drive around and recce after you studied the Google maps.

Edited by Watwheels

Seems on the other side of the map - there is a street called Sunbird Ave - a private estate. Can park there? Broken white line on middle of 2 way street, and one side has double yellow - can park on the other side without double yellow? The gothere street view shows cars already parked there - seems ok. And free, somemore! But open air - dunno how safe from birds and leaves, etc...

I dun think parking with a broken white line on middle of 2 way streeet is legal. Anyway, good luck to all those parking there. [drivingcar]

↡ Advertisement