Apple Macbook Air

Cerano

If flash memory is so good. why are our harddisk still not using flash??

what is the con behind it??

cost SSD is very expensive for $/GB

↡ Advertisement

flash is definite superior to harddisk cos it is solid state (no vibration issue). manufacturer dun use it becos it is expensive and the storage capacity is not high.

Please do write pre-purchase a 6 page complaint letter in anticipation.

Re: Singtel Iphon4. :D

i was about to say but you are 'meaner' [laugh]

Cost, write combining and wear leveling.

There are also hybrid drives, synthetic benchmarks place them in between a traditional HDD and SDD in terms of performance.

I intend to use it for alot of youtube watching,msn and light paperwork + surfing net.

most important is no lag during usage so does ram make more difference or the processor in this case?

Judging by the above requirements, I doubt you will be able to notice a difference of 200mhz.

Never hurts to have more RAM though, MBA's RAM unlike MPB cannot be upgraded.

Screen estate should be more of a concern.

The ipad is actually nothing like an iphone.

You need to spend time with it to see the point of it. It's big enough to read properly without squinting, small enough to be much more portable than a clamshell laptop, convenient enough to use on the go without a table or anything like that, very fast (instant power on/power off, instant online, anywhere), no need to care about conserving energy (11 hour battery life)...

Basically, it's one of the best tools for consuming media, internet content, social networking and entertainment. And yes, with Vonage/pingchat, it's like a big iphone cos you can make calls/SMS with it too...

Well said.

Judging by the above requirements, I doubt you will be able to notice a difference of 200mhz.

Never hurts to have more RAM though, MBA's RAM unlike MPB cannot be upgraded.

Screen estate should be more of a concern.

im into small screens so 13" is definitely out

so i should go with the ram upgrade to 4gb?

Snow Leopard will take up about 1GB of RAM leaving another 1GB for your other applications which should be sufficient for light tasks.

However, you won't be able to upgrade the RAM in the future as they are soldered onto the logic board.

Snow Leopard will take up about 1GB of RAM leaving another 1GB for your other applications which should be sufficient for light tasks.

However, you won't be able to upgrade the RAM in the future as they are soldered onto the logic board.

ahh snow leopard needs 1gb? so i guess better upgrade

TS, can I borrow your thread to ask about the newly introduced FaceTime on Mac by Apple. Thank you.

The FaceTime on Mac allow Mac users to video call iPhone, iPod as well as another Mac user simply using the Address Book contact. After downloading and installed the FaceTime onto my Mac, I tried using this new feature on my Mac to video a friend of mine who is using iPhoe 3GS but I got the msg

TS, can I borrow your thread to ask about the newly introduced FaceTime on Mac by Apple. Thank you.

The FaceTime on Mac allow Mac users to video call iPhone, iPod as well as another Mac user simply using the Address Book contact. After downloading and installed the FaceTime onto my Mac, I tried using this new feature on my Mac to video a friend of mine who is using iPhoe 3GS but I got the msg

Hey guys

thinking of buying the new Apple Macbook air but the 1.6ghz processor only comes with the 11.6 on 128GB SSD.

I actually only need the 64gb SSD but that only comes with 1.4ghz core 2 duo.

Do you think 1.4ghz and 1.6ghz core 2 duo makes a big difference?

hello....i am thinking of geeting MBA too. Have you gotten yours? Which one did you get? Any FR? [laugh]

hello....i am thinking of geeting MBA too. Have you gotten yours? Which one did you get? Any FR? [laugh]

hi bro

still waiting no good deals at sitex for it only the base model [laugh] getting this week

hi bro

still waiting no good deals at sitex for it only the base model [laugh] getting this week

icic... i am thinking should get or not. can do excel word powerpoint or not? izzit powerful enough? looks to me like a power up version of ipad with keyboard.

which are you getting?

↡ Advertisement