2011 Proton Saga Facelift

Mustang

Honestly , I prefer the earlier models of Proton , where they used Mitsubishi Engines... Now , no offence to current Proton drivers. I don't think the Campro Engines are that reliable. The Proton models that I like are Proton Perdana and Waja...

Cheers

↡ Advertisement

I still like the first gen Saga. And the Wira. And the Perdana V6. And the Satria GTI. And the Waja. And the Gen 2. And the Satria Neo. :D

Hey , same bro.. I love the Perdana.. Hope they release here in Singapore.. Or else if I can import also shiok.. [laugh]

Back to 1985.

But still can sell at 17,000 ringgit for new Malaysian car?  [knife]

Johor Sultan drove Mahathir to the airport in his first-gen Proton Saga: Here are 5 things to know about the classic Malaysian car

https://www.businessinsider.sg/johor-sultan-drove-mahathir-to-the-airport-in-his-first-gen-proton-saga-here-are-5-things-to-know-about-the-classic-malaysian-car/

JohorSultanDrivesMahathirToAirport.jpg

What a ride it has been.

Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad was driven to the airport by the Sultan of Johor in his blue, 34-year-old Proton Saga on Friday (Jan 11).

The premier was offered the ride in Sultan Ibrahim Ibni Almarhum Sultan Iskandar’s first generation Proton Saga after their meeting at the Istana Bukit Serene on Thursday, The Star reported.

Mahathir -who in 1979 mooted the National Car project that led to the founding of Proton- was quoted by Bernama as saying: “I think it is a good endorsement of a Proton car. 34 years and still functioning.

Their retro ride was a gift from Mahathir to Sultan Ibrahim’s late father – Sultan Iskandar – in 1985, and the first of its kind with a registration plate that simply says “Proton 1”, Bernama reported.

The Prime Minister was quoted as saying: “Very good. This 34-year old car that was given by me to his father in Kuala Lumpur… a manual (transmission)… the clock still works properly… no breakdown.”

“It has done 22,000km. At that time, the price tag was only 17,000 (ringgit). That’s why I was able to afford to give a free gift (sic) to the Agong,” he added.

A Malaysian classic, the Proton Saga is the first in a series of cars produced by Malaysian automobile manufacturer Proton. Here are five interesting things about the sedan.

• Praise 1