Lexus equal Toyota??

Eng40765

I am considering a 2nd hand lexus. Someone I know commended : "Why buy Lexus? still a toyota?! Like no change." Because I am driving a wish now.

Toyota is definitely not lexus but they sure can make good Lexus. Not only Corollas.

↡ Advertisement

I am considering a 2nd hand lexus. Someone I know commended : "Why buy Lexus? still a toyota?! Like no change." Because I am driving a wish now.

Toyota is definitely not lexus but they sure can make good Lexus. Not only Corollas.

yeah... like volvo is just another geely rite?

Edited by Little_prince

Technically and legally, it is a Toyota. It actualli says so on the LTA log card - Toyota Lexus.

So what's wrong with that?

Get past the branding dude......if it's a car you like, brand doesn't matter.

UNLESS, you are talking about the same car marketed under different brand? or else, brand comparison doesn't matter..

It really depends on what you are buying, i.e. the brand or the car.

Regards,

Audi = Volkswagen

Volvo = Geely (China)

Jaguar = Tata (India)

Lotus = Proton (Malaysia)

So?

All these luxury and less-than-luxury brands are now owned and/or built by lesser marques.

So what's wrong with that?

Get past the branding dude......if it's a car you like, brand doesn't matter.

UNLESS, you are talking about the same car marketed under different brand? or else, brand comparison doesn't matter..

asking a person buying a luxury brand not to look at the brand... ?

[laugh] [laugh]

Is he wrong to say that?

Audi = Volkswagen

Volvo = Geely (China)

Jaguar = Tata (India)

Lotus = Proton (Malaysia)

So?

All these luxury and less-than-luxury brands are now owned and/or built by lesser marques.

Think there's a slight difference between 'owned by' and 'built by'.

Lexus is built by toyota, think no question about that?

If volvo built in china by Geely, I probably won't buy.

Same for jaguar, if built in India.

Think there's a slight difference between 'owned by' and 'built by'.

Lexus is built by toyota, think no question about that?

If volvo built in china by Geely, I probably won't buy.

Same for jaguar, if built in India.

Is there a difference if the Volvo factory is filled with PRCs in sweden or Indians are found assembling the Jaguar in foreign land?

Again, Ang Mos are probably more protective about their labours' interests.

Regards,

Neutral Newbie

lexus cars are shipped into singapore as toyotas and rebadged locally i believe.

I saw a bunch of SC430's being shipped on a trailer at jurong with the toyota badges on so I believe they add on the additional interior soundproofing and interior parts on locally.

Is there a difference if the Volvo factory is filled with PRCs in sweden or Indians are found assembling the Jaguar in foreign land?

Regards,

not so much that. if one is gonna pay a premium for something, it's not unreasonable to expect the product to come from the original source.

i mean, if tomyum lexus vs MIJ lexus. both same car but which one would u prefer?

just look at Lexus as a Toyota in tuxedo... [cool]

not so much that. if one is gonna pay a premium for something, it's not unreasonable to expect the product to come from the original source.

i mean, if tomyum lexus vs MIJ lexus. both same car but which one would u prefer?

I would obviously prefer MIJ ceteris paribus

But if tomyam cheaper, then tom yam, cos i'm a badge whore.

Again, Ang Mos are probably more protective about their labours' interests.

Regards,

For me, IMO, as long as made in sweden/UK, i ok...

Cos China has a vv negative image for me.

All the poison milk+ melamine, fake eggs, sell hair as 'fa cai' ....

Wa lau, MIC i confirm plus chop won't buy.

Scarly they replace carbon steel with cheap aluminium or wood!!!!?.

Bang already then find out, may be too late.