Lexus equal Toyota??

Eng40765

Lexus is Toyota.

btw, whats wrong to buy lexus from wish? it is the same situation as buying a camry from wish, or corolla from wish. nothing wrong to change car which are under the same brand. why you bother?

↡ Advertisement

not so much that. if one is gonna pay a premium for something, it's not unreasonable to expect the product to come from the original source.

i mean, if tomyum lexus vs MIJ lexus. both same car but which one would u prefer?

It can come from original source, but how about the parts?

A car can be built anywhere. But the parts need not originate from the country of manufacture. Old Toyotas are truely 100% MIJ because the parts they use are mainly by Denso (early models uses fuel injection system from Bosch).

Then BMW uses parts from Bosch. Gearbox by Getrag or ZF.

But now, no idea. It can be from anywhere. Thus I have doubts regarding reliablity and quality.

For me, IMO, as long as made in sweden/UK, i ok...

Cos China has a vv negative image for me.

All the poison milk+ melamine, fake eggs, sell hair as 'fa cai' ....

Wa lau, MIC i confirm plus chop won't buy.

Scarly they replace carbon steel with cheap aluminium or wood!!!!?.

Bang already then find out, may be too late.

But most of the things are made there now.....

What's wrong with Lexus?

Seriously, I think sometimes Singaporeans need to get past this 'image' problem.

To me, Lexus is a premium Toyota. But then you get what you paid for. In terms of gadgets, comfort level, its definitely a level above cars like Vios and Altis. Maybe even Camry as well.

However, if you ask me if I am to pay for that badge, then my answer is no. I am perfectly alright with a Toyota badge, I don't need the L badge.

To me, Lexus is a premium Toyota. But then you get what you paid for. In terms of gadgets, comfort level, its definitely a level above cars like Vios and Altis. Maybe even Camry as well.

However, if you ask me if I am to pay for that badge, then my answer is no. I am perfectly alright with a Toyota badge, I don't need the L badge.

Actually true... bec u buy cheap toyota, resale also cheap, buy Lexus , resale higher.....

Both also Toyotas..... just that one is heavily padded with bigger V6 engine while the other strictly 4 pots except Crown. But to thread starter, my opinion is Lexus is still a Toyota. Nothing wrong if u are willing to pay a premium for a Toyota.

BTW, pls dont buy the IS250 cabrio.... it sucks in terms of look. [shakehead]

Think there's a slight difference between 'owned by' and 'built by'.

Lexus is built by toyota, think no question about that?

If volvo built in china by Geely, I probably won't buy.

Same for jaguar, if built in India.

Not all Lexus models are built by Toyota.

My previous IS200 was built by Kanto Auto Works (so was the GS300 then).

one company with multiple brand is very common. Volkswagen has Skoda, Volkswagen, Audi, Lambo, Bugatti. I don't think people will think Bugatti as a Skoda. The most important is that - are there sufficient differentiation of the different brand?

While some Lexus model are based on the same platform as a Toyota model, the final product can be quite different. The use of different grade of leather, different sound system, different sound proofing, different exterior design, different tuning of suspension etc. This will give you a different car even though the base platform is the same. A few years ago, there is no Lexus brand in Japan. Some Lexus model are sold in Japan as Toyota model with basically everything the similar (RX vs Harrier, SC vs Soarer). However, now, there is a Lexus brand in Japan, the two brand will have quite a different model line up.

Then BMW uses parts from Bosch. Gearbox by Getrag or ZF.

But now, no idea. It can be from anywhere. Thus I have doubts regarding reliablity and quality.

Now BMW gearboxes not onoy from Getrag or ZF.

E.g. X3 gearbox from GM.

I am considering a 2nd hand lexus. Someone I know commended : "Why buy Lexus? still a toyota?! Like no change." Because I am driving a wish now.

Toyota is definitely not lexus but they sure can make good Lexus. Not only Corollas.

Bro, go for it.

It is YOUR $$$ and YOUR choice. So why bother what other says?

Which 2nd hand Lexus u looking @ ?

Now BMW gearboxes not onoy from Getrag or ZF.

E.g. X3 gearbox from GM.

I guess only new ones comes from GM as well. Cause back during the E36 days, Getrag or ZF only. Now they expand their suppliers.

I guess only new ones comes from GM as well. Cause back during the E36 days, Getrag or ZF only. Now they expand their suppliers.

ZF now under Conti...

one company with multiple brand is very common. Volkswagen has Skoda, Volkswagen, Audi, Lambo, Bugatti. I don't think people will think Bugatti as a Skoda. The most important is that - are there sufficient differentiation of the different brand?

While some Lexus model are based on the same platform as a Toyota model, the final product can be quite different. The use of different grade of leather, different sound system, different sound proofing, different exterior design, different tuning of suspension etc. This will give you a different car even though the base platform is the same. A few years ago, there is no Lexus brand in Japan. Some Lexus model are sold in Japan as Toyota model with basically everything the similar (RX vs Harrier, SC vs Soarer). However, now, there is a Lexus brand in Japan, the two brand will have quite a different model line up.

That one is slightly different.

VW didn't create Audi, Lambo or Bugatti. VW bought over these companies thus they become a subsidary of VW. But Audi is still a company owned by VW.

Lexus is a difference case. Toyota create Lexus in order to compete in the luxury market. Lexus is not a subsidary of Toyota, its a division of Toyota. Lexus is not a company.

lexus cars are shipped into singapore as toyotas and rebadged locally i believe.

I saw a bunch of SC430's being shipped on a trailer at jurong with the toyota badges on so I believe they add on the additional interior soundproofing and interior parts on locally.

Huh? wtf u talking.. Got proof or not?

FYI the Lexus SC430 design is known as Toyota Soarer in Japan. Those you saw could be Toyota Soarers and not SC430s.

Twincharged

Huh? wtf u talking.. Got proof or not?

FYI the Lexus SC430 design is known as Toyota Soarer in Japan. Those you saw could be Toyota Soarers and not SC430s.

I also seen before. Then I was thinking since when singapore got toyota soarer. So I guess what he said is true? The cars that he and I saw were rebadged to lexus after that.

I also seen before. Then I was thinking since when singapore got toyota soarer. So I guess what he said is true? The cars that he and I saw were rebadged to lexus after that.

Pardon my ignorance, won't that amount to some sort of cheating by evading tax? Correct me, if I'm wrong.

Regards,

Seriously, what does it matter people say?

It all amounts to nothing when you're the one driving it and not them; for whatever reasons.

If you can afford a Lexus, you got it made. So get it and enjoy mate :)

Lexus is definitely a humble class and level on it's own, despite it's affiliation to Toyota, no other car made by Toyota comes close.

A platform is just a platform, its the little details that differ a Mark X (Hi end for Toyota) and an IS250 (only entry model for Lexus).

No other business would be stupid enough to sell the exact replica under two different brands with such a difference in mark up.

↡ Advertisement