not much joy left..

pro of manual

good FC

can do drag race, tyre spin, reach the red line mark

lesser problem as compare to auto tranny

Real-Men-Use-Three-Pedals-Sticker-Decal-

con of manual

tiring when you face a jam..

need to 'master' the biting point of your car to avoid engine stall or roll back when you face with an upslope..

cannot hold your gf's hand from point A to B but if you are married, don't bother to hold her hand.

use your hand to dig nose better.

after a long day of driving, your leg are tired and aching.. probably a tell sign that you are old and suffer from osteoporosis.

if pattern repeat more than 10 years, you probably wont even want to drive during off day.

I would take grab or mrt during weekend or ph..

[:p]

Wa I pasted this sticker on my windscreen last time when I was also driving manual transmission.

Tumpang a group of friends home and one of them, a girl. Which I found out to be super feminist kind.

She saw the sticker jitao *TRIGGERED* start questioning me why must be men, where I got the decal, who printed it blah blah blah.

I was damn pissed and ask her go fly kite and find her way back herself. Next day she wrote an essay on her Facebook indirectly pointing at me and talk about all the feminist stuff.

Delete and block her immediately.

Edited by RCTP
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

Supercharged

Wa I pasted this sticker on my windscreen last time when I was also driving manual transmission.

Tumpang a group of friends home and one of them, a girl. Which I found out to be super feminist kind.

She saw the sticker jitao *TRIGGERED* start questioning me why must be men, where I got the decal, who printed it blah blah blah.

I was damn pissed and ask her go fly kite and find her way back herself. Next day she wrote an essay on her Facebook indirectly pointing at me and talk about all the feminist stuff.

then you are real meanie and unmindful.

asking her to find her own way back, that's not very gentleman thingy.

second, if she is chio or sexy, maybe she is dropping hint on you?

maybe she wanna know the real man inside you?

of course, not applicable for scenarios where she is undesirable..

then what you had did, is totally well understood and deserving.

Does she drive? If so, can she drive a manual?

If the answer to both is not YES, then ask her to keep her yap shut.

Enjoying a manual car has got nothing to do with genders but the passion for driving in oneself. I've been driving manual since I got my drivers license at 17yo. No calf muscles ache on long traffic jams (I visit JB once every fortnightly on a Sat, jam at least 2-3hrs in my manual car but still loving it) .. no rolling back problems on a steep upslope (no need to use handbrake or footbrake at all, just clutch pedal and accelerator).. no problem doing heel toe downshifting on a hot lap. 

When it comes to traffic jam,

clutch in, 1st gear, accelerate..

brake, neutral, handbrake on..

relac

repeat

In fact, I find driving an auto car more tiring in a traffic jam having to put pressure on the foot brake thru-out. 

[drivingcar]

Edited by Aaronlkl
  • Praise 4

Supercharged

Enjoying a manual car has got nothing to do with genders but the passion for driving in oneself. I've been driving manual since I got my drivers license at 17yo. No calf muscles ache on long traffic jams (I visit JB once every fortnightly on a Sat, jam at least 2-3hrs in my manual car but still loving it) .. no rolling back problems on a steep upslope (no need to use handbrake or footbrake at all, just clutch pedal and accelerator).. no problem doing heel toe downshifting on a hot lap. 

When it comes to traffic jam,

clutch in, 1st gear, accelerate..

brake, neutral, handbrake on..

relac

repeat

In fact, I find driving an auto car more tiring in a traffic jam having to put pressure on the foot brake thru-out. 

[drivingcar]

always wanted to ask this, I notice some cars can move off when at gear 2 or 3 even at stationery.

is it because of higher horsepower?

always wanted to ask this, I notice some cars can move off when at gear 2 or 3 even at stationery.

Moving off in 2nd gear is possible in a vehicle with high torque engine, an example would be Diesel engines. However, doing that often results in premature clutch pad wear. :D

• Praise 1

Does she drive? 

This looks pretty cool. I'm looking for one of these, the MINI Copper gear shifter Bluetooth speaker from IUI.

think it's sold through outmotoring website

Ya you need to have high torque like diesel engine for example. But low torque also can, just need very good clutch control.

Haha

Does she drive?

At that point of time, no.

After that I don't know liao cos delete and block.

At that point of time, no.

After that I don't know liao cos delete and block.

Never drive, kpkb for what?

Idiot. 

Social media got a few girls drive, and drive manual.

Very attractive.  ^_^

Supercharged

Moving off in 2nd gear is possible in a vehicle with high torque engine, an example would be Diesel engines. However, doing that often results in premature clutch pad wear. :D

I realize I got a bad habit, like to depress the clutch when slowing now.

I guess this will lead to premature wear too.

• Praise 1

To be fair, that sticker can be rephrased to "Real Drivers Use Three Pedals" without losing any of its impact (in fact, it's nicer IMO).

I've seen many girls who are really excellent drivers.

• Praise 2

To be fair, that sticker can be rephrased to "Real Drivers Use Three Pedals" without losing any of its impact (in fact, it's nicer IMO).

I've seen many girls who are really excellent drivers.

Yup I agree too. But that ex friend of mine went all out offensive on me and that pissed me off too.

Yup I agree too. But that ex friend of mine went all out offensive on me and that pissed me off too.

I agree, I hate these "triggered" feminist types. The women I've seen who are truly excellent drivers are often very feminine. They will smile sweetly, talk demurely, take the wheel and show you who's boss. I love that. :D

Edited by Turboflat4

Yeah another power thread to follow on, manual FTW!

Manually shifting gears for 10yrs and still happily caressing that Sparco stick, hehehe. High 5 to all manual fanatics

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2