Temasek Review kena whack

Toapayohkid

temasek review true colours in the eyes of blogger - it is trash but yet try to say it is the truth

"So, let

Edited by Toapayohkid
↡ Advertisement

temasek review true colours in the eyes of blogger - it is trash but yet try to say it is the truth

"So, let’s judge a blog by its content. I will give Temasek Review praise where it is due: It prospers because it capitalises well on the anger and dissatisfaction felt by a segment of Singaporeans towards the government. Its articles on foreign talent, rising prices, and human rights draw significant viewership and heated debate, and it appears to be earning some income off advertisements. On the other hand, Temasek Review is anything but “unbiased”, despite its lofty claims. It is an echo chamber where Singaporeans feed off one another’s rage, where insults are hurled at those who offer differing opinions. Too often, emotions prevail over rational debate."

http://blogs.blogtv.sg/starbloggers/2010/1...ws-credibility/

Comments made by a "Starblogger" sponsored by the MSM (Men who have Sex with Men...oops wrong acronym...I meant Main Stream Media).

Edited by Turboflat4

not entirely untrue..sometimes some of the TR articles do come across as being whiney just for the sake of it

Right, would you say that's more or less whiney than an important person (who's since passed on) calling us all "ungrateful" in a fit of petulance?

Now the boundary committee is convened.

I am sure the intenet boundary is also being controlled as the day comes closer.

Spim doctors are hard at work!!

Frankly, do you guys read TR???

I think the articles there are VERY BAD. totally no logic and not much substance. Just rants basically.....

Neutral Newbie

Comments made by a "Starblogger" sponsored by the MSM (Men who have Sex with Men...oops wrong acronym...I meant Main Stream Media).

That Terence Lee blogger is from TOC if I'm not wrong, and just because someone whacks TR, that someone is not always PAP lah.

Neutral Newbie

I think the articles there are VERY BAD. totally no logic and not much substance. Just rants basically.....

TR's stuff are mostly horrendous plagiarism and cut-paste. However some people do like to read them and don't realise that TR is tabloid, like those who usually also blindly read ST and think that the political views in ST are objective.

I do read TR once in a while and yup, most of the articles do not exhibit much logic and seem to be written mainly to stir emotions.

But I like to believe that the readers are intellectual enough to form their own opinions on the issues raised in TR.

I think it's fine to have TR doing what they do. After all, the mainstream media is usually rooting for the other camp while trying to portray an unbiased image.

I think it's fine to have TR doing what they do. After all, the mainstream media is usually rooting for the other camp while trying to portray an unbiased image.

At least the mainstream media bother to try to portray an unbiased image.

TR articles are like sooo biased that it is not convincing at all. I think it is worse having TR around as they give a bad name to such websites. People think opposition cannot THINK....

I do read TR once in a while and yup, most of the articles do not exhibit much logic and seem to be written mainly to stir emotions.

But I like to believe that the readers are intellectual enough to form their own opinions on the issues raised in TR.

Unfortunately, majority of those reading TR are already having anti-gov mindsets and the articles in TR, though bias and of little substance, go down well with these people.

Terence Lee wrote a balance piece and ended up, people call him pro gov when clearly he isn't.

Unfortunately, majority of those reading TR are already having anti-gov mindsets and the articles in TR, though bias and of little substance, go down well with these people.

Terence Lee wrote a balance piece and ended up, people call him pro gov when clearly he isn't.

Agree with your views. Terence left a positive impression during his time with TOC. His articles are usually well thought and written in a most neutral of tone. Those who had read his articles will know that he is not pro PAP.

If the PAP is concern about TR, I can fully understand. They are operating anonymously and spurting utterly biased and baseless anti-gov rants which were echoed by those so-called TR supporters who are taking them as gospel truth without going through any thought process. TR articles are exactly what I dislike about certain oppositions. Condemn, condemn and condemn but if you ask them if they have any better solution, they don't.

TR also claimed that they are hiding and remaining anonymous because they worry to be taken down by PAP and sued. I find this stance laughable. TOC's editors never hide their identies and are all known to the readers and I do not see them being arrested or harrassed. In fact, the only time when TOC was harrassed, it was by the people behind Wayang Party, alleged by TNP to be founded by Joseph Ong.

Edited by JumpySpeedFiend

The more the PAP gets concerned about TR, the more likely they will resort to measures that result in TR being portrayed in a badlight. Like what some fellas have mentioned, most readers are already folks who are disenfranchised to begin with. Sure, you may not be wrong to see TR as a formenting pool fostering even greater dissent etc. But i think that to perceive TR as a place where neutral people go in and emerge anti-govt is a tad over exaggerating.

It is abit like the Baby Bonus thing. People who have children may find the baby bonus as yet another reason to go ahead with their decision but all along they are already inclined to do so. On the other hand, couples who have no wish to do so, don't exactly find the Baby Bonus as an overwhelming reason to have children.

In a nutshell, TR may convert swing voters alright but from what i see, the bulk of those fellas there already have some grievances to begin with.

↡ Advertisement