Insurance Companies Should Ban Claims for Speeding

Mini-itx2010

If that insurance do not cover first party due to speeding then will insurance rebate 100% back to us if that we have no claims?

Open insurance is to provide a service to others.

Some claim, others may not.

MAS has a ruling base on risk factor/limitation to pay out.

If that the insurance funds is exposed to too much risk, the insurance company need to up the premium.

So even without any claims from ALL drivers being insure by the company, as long as then risk level increased, they have to up the premium.

↡ Advertisement

As I have mentioned, whatever I have done wrong, you can report them to the mods. You have the right to do so. I am not a saint and I am not trying to paint an image that I am a saint or someone holy.

If you have seen me posting something wrong form another forum or anywhere, feel free to post them to notify everyone (assuming its not against the rules)

If that insurance do not cover first party due to speeding then will insurance rebate 100% back to us if that we have no claims?

Open insurance is to provide a service to others.

Some claim, others may not.

MAS has a ruling base on risk factor/limitation to pay out.

If that the insurance funds is exposed to too much risk, the insurance company need to up the premium.

So even without any claims from ALL drivers being insure by the company, as long as then risk level increased, they have to up the premium.

Btw, I am not sure but I think there is a clause about not wearing seat belts.

I am not a saint and I am not trying to paint an image that I am a saint or someone holy.

Do we need to be told that the holy one is a panty collector?

I feel insurance companies should ban drivers from making any 1st party claims if the accident is caused by excessive speeding. I feel its simply not fair to pass the expenses to us for these people's irresponsible actions. Speeding is something that is totally within the driver's control (no such thing as accidentally speed unless car got problem like Toyota).

Thus if the driver lost control of his/her car and wrap tree etc, why should insurance companies pay? I feel speeding is even worse than doing illegal mods to the car.

Of course, when I said excessive speeding, it means there is really evidence of excessive speeding. Eg. some cars can bang till engine fly out or overturn several times or go over barriers and land on opposite roads etc.... I don't see how such accidents can happen if you are driving within limits or even slightly above limits (eg. 70 on a 50 road).

What do you mean by "ban" exactly? I really dunno what you are talking about.

Whatever the insurance company decide to do (reject or allow claims) is up to their discretion. For small accidents they can conduct their own investigations, for accidents that involves the authorities they will act according to what the report says. In other words a system is already in place for the individual companies. Like for example some companies do not want to insure turbocharged-engine cars, some choose to offer a higher premium for certain makes or brands of cars, some of which wants you to declare the mods done to your car, drivers who are too young they charge at very high premiums. It's all stated in their T&C. What's the point for them to put so many conditions? It's not only to protect their companies interest but also to protect responsible drivers.

The insurance companies do not "ban" ppl, they would reject them. Who do business by "banning" customers? Who would want to come to you? Your business will confirm fail. You would smile to them and say "yes" but at these T&C and dan charge them at ridiculous high premiums.

Edited by Watwheels

Neutral Newbie

First of all, excessive speed, though is a factor in a lot of accidents, it all boils down to impatience, failure to give way, and even DUI... There is never a magic bullet that causes accidents.

Very hard for the insurers to conclude, beyond shadow of a doubt, that the driver was speeding excessively. They can always speculate, but very hard to prove conclusively.

In an accident report, you'd notice that 99% of accidents occured within the speed limit. Are the drivers lying? Will the sun come up tommorow? Of course they lie, they lie through their teeth...convincingly & piteously at that!

Example, driver speeding and loses control of car, skids & smashes into road divider. Report would be something like: "Due to extreme fatigue from working late hours every night, nodded of at the wheel while travelling along XXX road at 60km/h. Shocked awake when car smashed into divider. Traumatised and suffering from neck and back pains."

Can the insurers say "NO! You were NOT tired. Just recklessly speeding you lying pig!"? They can't can they, they can't prove anything...

I do have a suggestion, only that I didn't have the time to write a formal proposal to the GIA on making it fair to all careful drivers who were unfairly loaded with extra premium just to cover the reckless drivers.

GIA can start maintaining a new database where drivers can submit videographic evidence to GIA. Let's not talk about illegally using handphone cameras to snap while driving. In this forum, there are people talking and installing car cameras in their cars. A small incentive can be given to drivers who submit clear evidence of reckless and dangerous drivings. The insurers can based on these video clips to load the drivers accordingly.

Initially, the database may be small, but with incentives given, I believe more drivers will be willing to provide evidences. This is similiar to submitting repors to TP, only that there is no need to appear in person or court. The insurers will review the clips at their own discretion and act accordingly. Unless you're filmed driving dangerously, there is no worries of being sabotaged by others.

Just quote an example. A lorry carrying people at the rear speeding down expressway above the statuary speed limit of 60km/h. Should the lorry be involved in an accident, the costs of compensation will be high given the causalties. The insurer can based on this to raise the premium of the lorry based on the risks the driver created. It is also a clear cut case.

This way, it punishes the bad drivers and rewards the good ones. Of course some fine tuning needs to be done.

that's why we can conclude that he is a perverted a-----e. hello TS....go and steal your mama undies and bra ok?

leave the other gals alone.

Going to report to mods for making personal attacks.

Going to report to mods for making personal attacks.

I also reported your for slandering me. Lets see who gets banned first.

EDIT: Oh wait, you were already banned before! Tells a lot of what sort of pest you are..

Edited by Krado

I also reported your for slandering me. Lets see who gets banned first.

EDIT: Oh wait, you were already banned before! Tells a lot of what sort of pest you are..

I am just wasting my time replying to your posts thus I am just going to put you on my ignore list. You can do or post whatever you want but I won't see and won't reply to any of them. If you are getting any amusement out of this you can carry on entertaining yourself.

Btw, I have lost count of how many times you have been banned in HWZ... Thus perhaps you should look at yourself in the mirror first before shooting others down. Else you are just making a mockery out of yourself.

I am just wasting my time replying to your posts thus I am just going to put you on my ignore list. You can do or post whatever you want but I won't see and won't reply to any of them. If you are getting any amusement out of this you can carry on entertaining yourself.

Btw, I have lost count of how many times you have been banned in HWZ... Thus perhaps you should look at yourself in the mirror first before shooting others down. Else you are just making a mockery out of yourself.

u 2 can make a pair.. [laugh]

You won't see my posts but you'll definitely see the people quoting them. No big deal!

Hahaha, trying to dig up my past for your feeble sorry-ass rebuttal to my post?

BTW: I have not been banned here but only in HWZ. Ever wondered why? Oh wait, you are panty-collecting ex-moderator of HWZ....

Edited by Krado