If you don't want to stay...you can leave..many waiting

LoverofCar

What a nice description. " A top migration choice for young and educated", paint such a nice picture for us to see.

But I feel that some migrants treat sgp like some "public toilet", take a dump and move on to other countries.

It's funny that this kinda lepork do not mention anything negative, all bright and sunny like some advertisements.

What a nice description. " A top migration choice for young and educated", paint such a nice picture for us to see.

But I feel that some migrants treat sgp like some "public toilet", take a dump and move on to other countries.

It's funny that this kinda lepork do not mention anything negative, all bright and sunny like some advertisements.

Ereaction coming...so trying to come out with all these lepork to make us ''hard on''.....may be will have orgasm too

I'm totally serious about what I'm about to say...

While I and many of us here complain about our country and govt and weather... I'm hearing and seeing more foreigners talk about liking Singapore and wanting to set up shop or home here.

I mean I've never had more than 4 foreigners - NOT low-wage earners - say that they like the Singapore and seriously considering taking up PR and maybe even citizenship. Many of them say "home" (US, 2 from UK, Mid East & HK) is either too crowded, or have no prospects.

These guys are uni grads, or already experienced professionals.

It's weird how others see our country, when we have much to complain about.

But I see no shame in complaining. Cos I ain't going no where. I think this whining or complaining allows us to keep moving forward to greater heights. Keeps the ones governing in check.

Edited by Nutsack

this shows that how blessed we singaporeans are than most other countries, yet because we take for granted, we keep thinking the grass is greener on the other side and complain about everything.

Horseh liao!!

I was worried no one takeover my NS duties if I leave.

Now with the large % influx, I can finally leave SG in peace.

u sure u worry??? hehe

the lepork say " ...most-desired migration destination for the young and educated... "

never say most desired for Citizens , especially the poor , old and uneducated leh !

Basically, the truth is that so-called "foreign talents" will always prefer to migrate to USA - land of the free and home of the brave!

Singapore a top migration choice?? Only because these FTs are in-transit to their ultimately targeted destination. They'll come to singapore to do their thing, earn some more cash, maybe, wash off links to their original countries - then when enough time has passed - off they go to the USA.

u sure u worry??? hehe

Of course!!

Later my OC call me in NZ and say I got some stuff haven't handover properly I sian.

I'm a responsible guy after all, so I would feel somewhat obliged to do it properly and tie up all loose ends.

Now I can tell him to look for my replacement surrogate FT to handle it!!

He can also do my IPPT, RT, ICT and pay ERP, Parking and housing loans with his below average income which he helped to push down!

So everyone's happy and gets what they want. Gahmen gets cheap labour FTs, I get better quality of life and the FT gets to live the Sinkapore dream!!

I mean I've never had more than 4 foreigners - NOT low-wage earners - say that they like the Singapore and seriously considering taking up PR and maybe even citizenship. Many of them say "home" (US, 2 from UK, Mid East & HK) is either too crowded, or have no prospects.

These guys have no prospects cos they are 2nd tier or 2nd class in capability or achievement in their home countries. That's why they get rejected etc. so luckily can still come to singapore!

Who says mid east, USA (huh??), UK or HK got no prospects? I have friends who are uni grads and professionals go over there, get a good job with high pay and prosper over there. You just ask any PRC or India FT whether they want to work and live in USA... saliva dripping, man!

Edited by Sosaria

migrant not stupid, who wan stay here when can go US or europe. besides y should the 'pure breeds' leave, only those 'half breeds' should leave

Edited by relacker

These guys have no prospects cos they are 2nd tier or 2nd class in capability or achievement in their home countries. That's why they get rejected etc. so luckily can still come to singapore!

Who says mid east, USA (huh??), UK or HK got no prospects? I have friends who are uni grads and professionals go over there, get a good job with high pay and prosper over there. You just ask any PRC or India FT whether they want to work and live in USA... saliva dripping, man!

Erm, not really. They all ((cept for one guy who got a job here before he came here) got pulled by their companies to their companies' Asia HQ in Singapore.

They're not here to look for jobs. They were given jobs here.

Maybe they're not super harvard students (though one was from Harvard Biz Sch). But they are definitely not 2nd class. I mean, I know them personally. And I have no reason to make things up.

I mean one of them is a Head of a sub-division of a very well-known MNC brand (that u can always see on TV) at the age of 35. Brought his family here too. And his wife got a job here too. (!!!)

And he's saying he likes the place and is seriously considering a PR. Maybe citizenship in future. And the other guys say about the same thing.

This is why I shared this fact here.

If they're some lousy underachievers I wouldn't have posted at all. It's because they're not that's why it's surprising to me too. I mean to me, they can go so many other places. Looks like things are changing a little. And competition is heating up. [:/]

I have quite some foreign friends. So that's how I get a feel of their perceptions. And you know the F1 Race so far - though not a big deal to us - has surprisingly truly made our country a bit more well-known to people who haven't been here before. Whether or not they bother coming is another matter :p

Neutral Newbie

The green is always greener on the other side.

As for these folks you mentioned, most are FILTHS aka Failed In London, Try Hongkong & Singapore.

Uni grads are nothing, throw a stone can hit 10 on the street these days.

The reason why we complain is becos we are in the sh1thole and knows that the sh1t dont taste nice. And the white ants are not making it better for most people. These, the FILTHS cannot see until they kena trapped like us, then you see how they plan their exit and use sgp as a springboard to other better places on earth.

I feel that what the policies are hoping is import tons of them and some will dropout, hopefully statistically, many will stay. Little did they realised that only the lousy new import will stay while the smart ones run to USA or other better places.

It's weird how others see our country, when we have much to complain about.

But I see no shame in complaining. Cos I ain't going no where. I think this whining or complaining allows us to keep moving forward to greater heights. Keeps the ones governing in check.