• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
166 replies to this topic | 234 praises

Posted 14 January 2019 - 05:42 PM

Atrecord
  • Premium member
    Atrecord
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

In case if you're renting a car, check that your travel insurance covers your rental insurance excess. 

I bought from NTUC Income last month. Got $2k rental excess cover.

nowadays not many has rental excess cover it seems, or is quite little only (<$1k)...

Posted 14 January 2019 - 05:47 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888

now even travel insurance also have budget option just like flight, mostly basic unless you opt in for car rental excess, extreme sport, sport equipment, etc. Otherwise for short trip to big cities in Asia, I just look for the cheapest.
骑白马的不一定是王 ,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 14 January 2019 - 05:49 PM

Roadrunner2029
  • Roadrunner2029
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Just make sure it can cover the car rental company's excess lor. It's not common in SG I guess, but a lot of people also don't know got travel insurance can cover excess. In the US, when I charge my air ticket to my AMEX it automatically covers rental excess.

I bought from NTUC Income last month. Got $2k rental excess cover.

nowadays not many has rental excess cover it seems, or is quite little only (<$1k)...

Edited by Roadrunner2029, 14 January 2019 - 05:50 PM.

Posted 03 February 2019 - 08:45 AM

Tohto
  • Premium member
    Tohto
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Share my recent travel insurance claimed from NTUC Income for my daughter medical fee.

Daughter was down with fever while in Sapporo last Dec due to Influenza A infection.
Total medical paid at hospital 30,200yen (include medical report fee in English, which will only email me after 2 weeks)
Back to visited family daughter again as not yet fully recovered.
Submit claimed through online. Print out documents and mail all receipts together.
About 2 weeks+ received email for English medical report. Print out and mail to income.
By 3rd week of 1st online submission, received email for all claimed approved and will be paid through bank account provide.
Total claim about $470.
Whole process was easy.

Posted 03 February 2019 - 10:17 AM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

In case of emergency, it is good to call 24/7 insurer hotline.

They will advise you the nearest hospital to go without paying a single cent (most of the times)

Posted 09 February 2019 - 12:30 PM

Blueray
  • Blueray
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Moneysmart having promo till 11 Feb for single trip policies.

$5 - $10 NTUC vouchers for selected insurers.
focus

Posted 11 February 2019 - 12:19 PM

boonhat_91
  • Premium member
    boonhat_91
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Recent trip in Nov 2018.. got held up at our London accommodation as the entire street was cordoned off for a crime scene investigation. Had to take a later train to Paris which resulted in missing our flight back to SG i.e. 24 hour delay as we came back on the next flight which is 24 hours later.

Bought Aviva insurance. To be fair, this sort of scenario isn't one of the insured events, nor does it really fit any of the definitions if you read the T&C's. I submitted online claim about 2 weeks after the event as I had to go for ICT after coming back, and it took a month for Aviva to reply me with the result. Long story short, my claim was not successful but I received compensation from Aviva "on a goodwill basis". Compensation given based on Missed Connection/Departure category.

Dleodleo praised this

Back to Travel & Road Trips  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: successful, travel, insurance and 2 more...

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users