• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
70 replies to this topic | 7 praises

Posted 15 November 2010 - 08:24 PM

Kiadaw
  • Kiadaw
    Turbocharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

The new megane hatch is nice. My friend just bought one. He used to drive an evo 9, & told me the power of the 1.6 megane not bad.

Posted 15 November 2010 - 08:33 PM

Voxy28
  • Voxy28
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

of cos when the car is new, they dont break down often. but as you know the repair cost is relatively high. and after 60k km you have to change the belt and water pump, it is not cheap if you compare to jap cars. like mine, some of our renaults began to fail after 4 years old, almost everything that can possibly fail, failed. including unusual things like igition system, ecu, key chamber (the thing where you insert the key and turn, cost 1k and had to import), wheel bearing (common issue, replace donno how many times laugh.gif ), aircon and cooling system .... it certainly couldnt last the times.

wah so jialat.... thought of getting one for marketing. shakehead.gif

Posted 15 November 2010 - 08:36 PM

Voxy28
  • Voxy28
    5th Gear
    Author Image

look like 2 camps. I am thinking of buying it but is wondering with the mixed comments gossip.gif .

can help in providing some ans - angel.gif
for those for it
- your past experience with R (new cars less than 3 years old) and do you have problem selling it off?
- older cars (> 3 years old) what are the common faults, which cost most?

wave.gif thank you

aiya.. buy bmw lah.

Posted 15 November 2010 - 08:46 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

The new megane hatch is nice. My friend just bought one. He used to drive an evo 9, & told me the power of the 1.6 megane not bad.

the gearbox is the only letdown. Mated to a sluggish 4AT. bigcry.gif bigcry.gif bigcry.gif

Posted 15 November 2010 - 09:06 PM

Vinceng
  • Premium member
    Vinceng
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Next year, 1000 units of Renault Latitude will flood Singapore roads as taxi replacing Toyota Clowns for Trans Cab fleet.

It would be interesting to observe how reliable the Ranault taxis will be, and if they'd be as problematic as the Hyundai Sonata, Kia Magentis and Skoda Superb taxis on the road.

Nissan Cedric and Toyota Crown taxis seem to be the most problem free and hardy.

Posted 15 November 2010 - 09:20 PM

VellfireS
  • Premium member
    VellfireS
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

The Girls look better than the car ^^
The Great Melon TIKO Ranger since 2011

Posted 15 November 2010 - 09:28 PM

Suv8
  • Suv8
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

wah so jialat.... thought of getting one for marketing. shakehead.gif

Sad to say, I agree. My experience with them is bad. Owned a R19 (over heating, vibrations when idling), 2 Scenics (pre -2006).

Pros : Great cars to drive, ride and handles well, interiors/comfort unbeatable as against 1.6 Jap family cars.

Cons : horribly unreliable after 2-3 years- auto-window failed, auto trans cable snapped, crankshaft siezed, coolant pipes breaks n leaks, ignition coils fails regularly, gear box suffers intermittent faults like geting stuck on 3rd etc, jerky kickdown when slowing, remote locking either self-locks or fails.

My sis' 2003 Renault Clio suffered terminal illness after running over a puddle of water. Engine will die without warning. Agent gave up. But it was a sweet handling car, sporty, solid.

If only Renault can build more reliable cars.....I will buy 1 again.

My Grand Vitara never once gave me any problem in 4 years. My current 1.5 Airwave ditto after 4 years. Cross my fingers...but I rather look at a Renault. Or Citroen. Or a Pug. Only look.....

Posted 15 November 2010 - 10:19 PM

Guniang
  • Guniang
    4th Gear
    Author Image

i m driving a renault kangoo nw...can i b considered too??? hehehe

Posted 15 November 2010 - 10:25 PM

Coupecabriolet
  • Coupecabriolet
    5th Gear
    Author Image

ur renault??? just pass P plate so fast get renault and sell and get rocc? hmmmm.... interesting

do you know me very well? don't assume okay. P plate took place awhile ago (maybe not considered awhile for some though)

maybe you got the wrong guy cool.gif
Road hoggers will never admit they are one. YUCKS.

Posted 15 November 2010 - 10:48 PM

Coupecabriolet
  • Coupecabriolet
    5th Gear
    Author Image

bro.. from evo9 to megane hatch 1.6A? or you referring to the renault megane RS?

megane hatch 1.6A, although exterior looks quite nice.. but using old renault 4 speed automatic gearbox.. 105bhp 145nm.. gives you almost 14s to 100km/h.

on the other hand, megane RS is 2L turbo with 6 speed manual, 250bhp 340nm.. only 6.1s.
Road hoggers will never admit they are one. YUCKS.

Posted 15 November 2010 - 10:49 PM

Furrynadz
  • Premium member
    Furrynadz
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

renault lower end all produced in turkey and notorious for shoddier workmanship
also the long standing common faults not rectified since the megane II more than half a decade ago till now
ancient engine/gearbox
korean chassis for this model

its gonna go the way of the kelos...dead end

Posted 15 November 2010 - 11:03 PM

Kiadaw
  • Kiadaw
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

bro.. from evo9 to megane hatch 1.6A? or you referring to the renault megane RS?

megane hatch 1.6A, although exterior looks quite nice.. but using old renault 4 speed automatic gearbox.. 105bhp 145nm.. gives you almost 14s to 100km/h.

on the other hand, megane RS is 2L turbo with 6 speed manual, 250bhp 340nm.. only 6.1s.

1.6 manual. Not the sport version. He drove a 260hp colt railliart before his evo too. Actually, you don't need top end power much in Singapore road to be honest. Zippy, & responsive power/torque can sometimes be more fun. Press the throttle hard, power comes instantly, shiok.

I don't like cars that must rev under high rpm then power comes.

Posted 15 November 2010 - 11:05 PM

Kiadaw
  • Kiadaw
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

The Girls look better than the car ^^

I like the fairer skin one. wub.gif Nice legs too.

The other girl facial features a little too strong, shoulder a little too bold.

Posted 15 November 2010 - 11:09 PM

Ladykillerz
  • Premium member
    Ladykillerz
    Supercharged
    Author Image

i guess the reliability for the newer French car models should be okay.
the only problem is, all cars will age and parts will be wearing and tearing.
that's where the problem comes, reckon the parts will not be as cheap as compared to the Jap/Kor ones.
Ladykillerz
The Sky's The Limit! [angel]

Posted 16 November 2010 - 12:31 AM

VellfireS
  • Premium member
    VellfireS
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

yeah.. True.. HAha.. The legs.. OMG.. so nice ^^
The Great Melon TIKO Ranger since 2011

Posted 16 November 2010 - 01:18 AM

Fuelsaver
  • Premium member
    Fuelsaver
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

1.6 manual. Not the sport version. He drove a 260hp colt railliart before his evo too. Actually, you don't need top end power much in Singapore road to be honest. Zippy, & responsive power/torque can sometimes be more fun. Press the throttle hard, power comes instantly, shiok.

I don't like cars that must rev under high rpm then power comes.

jus sharin; i tried megane 1.6A 2 years back - pickup not fantastic, worse than civic & avante 1.6. build quality - interior plastics felt too brittle for comfort; the scenic centre armrest plastic felt like it could cut / pierce if broken.

Edited by Fuelsaver, 16 November 2010 - 01:18 AM.

FS

Posted 17 November 2010 - 02:52 PM

Heartbreakid
  • Heartbreakid
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Just went for a test drive. The Fluence is a big car indeed on the exterior. Interior space, I can say is around the same as Forte or Avante, the boot space, the Fluence simply win hands down, just huge!! The build quality is good with soft touch plastics, just that the loud auto lock clank does spoils the quality ambience to the interior though. Engine very smooth, probably because it is coupled with the CVT drivetrain. Well, moving off is as per normal geared automatics, the response is there. But when it is up to speed, the acceleration for overtaking is pretty weak. Overall on the road impression in comfort doesn't really feel continental to it because, there is quite some road noise while riding is soft and absorbent. Handling wise can't comment on it, because I just did it as per normal driving.

Just a quick summary to my short test drive of the Fluence. Well, it is made in Korea, so perhaps the styling is not really like what Renaults used to offer. It looks abit high off the ground and the original 16 inch rims look small for such big car. But for the price of around $85k, if I'm a potential buyer for an Altis, I would turn to this Fluence instead because of its impressive equipment, space and styling. Overall a very good deal for the amount of money paid.

Edited by Heartbreakid, 17 November 2010 - 03:00 PM.

Posted 18 November 2010 - 11:38 AM

Toyogun
  • Toyogun
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Just find out that the OMV of the Korean made Fluence is only $15.5K and they are selling it for $85.5K!!! That is a big big rip off. The Altis at $1K cheaper has a higher OMV by $1K and all this means that AD is making a huge profit from their customers. Just taking the old Megane sedan for comparison, the OMV is about $14.8K and the AD was selling at $73.5K with ample profit for themselves. The Fluence's OMV at less than $1K higher than the old Megane is selling at more than $10K higher than the old model, this is what I call a GIANT RIP OFF from their customers! If you r willing to be rip off by the AD, go and buy a Fluence and later when the cars need to be sent into their workshop later on, you'll be ripped off one more time. Good luck buying Fluence.

Posted 18 November 2010 - 11:44 AM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

If AD's profit margin is your main concern, then stop buying car in Singapore.

Posted 18 November 2010 - 01:22 PM

Toyogun
  • Toyogun
    1st Gear
    Author Image

I'm not advocating not buying cars if the AD profit level is too much, but for a Korean made car like Fluence it is just over the limit that the AD is charging. If you do some simple maths, the sum is as such: OMV $16,000, ARF $16,000, import duty $3,200, guarantee COE cost @$36,000 (now @$34,001), 1 year road tax & reg. fee $1,000, other cost like preparing the car,etc @$3,000, and profit of $5,000. With all these costs and big profit add up, the price should be $80,200. Pls also bear in mind I have given more than enough allowances for COE, OMV, road tax and other costs for my calculation.

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: Renault, Fluence, more, than and 2 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users