Lakeview, Automobile Megamart

Hookwai

Neutral Newbie

I'm facing the same problem recently... [:(]

Bought a Nissan Latio 5.5 years used car before Chinese New Year and after 2~3 days realize the gearbox got problem, air-cond not cool, steering also got problem and some more that was a accident car!!! [mad]

I had ask them is this car is 100% accident free before i want to buy??? They said YES and CONFIRMED no accident!!!!!!!!!

The sales man and his manager keep saying that this car is very nice and confirmed no problem, at the end all the above problem turn out.

They also said if got any problem can get back to them...

at the end......

My car park at their workshop almost 4 days and as at today no a confirm answer from them to take this responsibility to bear the cost or give me any solutions.

The salesman keep saying that waiting for his boss answer, some more the workshop won't start to do the repair work unless give instruction from them.

Anybody can tell me what can i do now????? [:(]

Edited by Tmh0315

I shared this experience in another thread. My relative's mazda was sent to Sta n grade A. After that, mazda agent got accident record n repairs 3k. My advice is to send to agent to check before buying. U pay more but at least, u get peace of mind. I advised my relative abt this but on hindsight, i shd have insisted he did.

Great dealer!

I too agree it's a good dealer. money in the pocket already, most dealer won't even care.

your friend is lucky

Neutral Newbie

Fessm:

No, i bot at Turf City there...

The car looks very new, no scratch mark and think repaint recently (register is Silver color but actual looks like Gold color)...

Some more forgot to repaint one of the small part at the front of the car...

I have ask my fren help to service and check it and confirm the car was accident before...

My fren got show me how to identify the accident part...

Edited by Tmh0315

Then the mileage for my FD1 would be considered relatively low for a 'normal plate' car.

Just turned 4 yrs old earlier this month.

Mileage: 66,690 km.

Under 17K km per annum.

Doubt there's many recourse you can seek.

A color of a car that is different from its original - usually set my alarm bells ringing.

While you allege that the salesperson claim that the car was accident-free, ... I seriously doubt such a statement will be explicitly stated in black n white. Your words versus theirs.

End of the day, ... they can always just say deal was done and concluded, please remove your car from our compound.

I shared this experience in another thread. My relative's mazda was sent to Sta n grade A. After that, mazda agent got accident record n repairs 3k. My advice is to send to agent to check before buying. U pay more but at least, u get peace of mind. I advised my relative abt this but on hindsight, i shd have insisted he did.

3K to repair at agent shd be considered as small accident as their price are sky high. 1 bumper already closed to that price.

last yr i sent my car to STA, they will check all the alignment based on the position of the mounting points or nuts and checked against their computerised system. There is a tolerance level for the alignment. A serious accident car shd be out of alignment imo, other than that, its considered as small accident. They dont really check on the condition of the engine and gearbox

LV is quite reputable in the market, i have ex-colleague who bought his car from them, condition = prob free. It all depends on heng suay i guess.

But consider the fact that they are willing to bear 1/2 of the gearbox replacement cost is already a plus point. Most of the shops will just ignore u

Neutral Newbie

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?showto...0&start=460

Well lately, i purchased another vehicle after selling off my 'lemon' car but apparently, the car is facing problem with its gearbox after 24 days.

This time round, this dealer that i purchased my ride from, belongs to the 'good' one.

He is willing to pay for all the repair or even replace as he feels obliged to repair my car as it got into problem less than a month.

Kudos to the dealer.

If any bros wants to know who the dealer is, you can PM me.

STA waste of time....you should check mo thoroughly...but granted...this kind hard....I went back to SA....asked if car was clean and they gave good bill of health

Previous owner had a bad crash in a chain collision on Hway. Front n back crushed. End up he sent to JB backyard ws to repair till swee swee.

U better send to RUF in Jurong for a complete re-build. See Derrick McCully. Mention my name n he give u a special discount. Hahaha [laugh]

If STA has given the transmission a grade B, I would not have bought the car. So many Latios in the used market.

Also, the dealer is willing to bear all the repair cost is not bad liao. If other dealers, they would have wash their hands off.

I wonder if the Latio is using the CVT gearbox?

I heard Latio CVT got a lot of problems. The conventional autobox is safer.

I have to agree that de dealer is not really at fault unless can be proven dat they know the problem and hide it and even so only if ur friend had asked as "caveat emptor" is if ur fren didn't ask, dealer not obliged to tell. Problem is STA side. And even so if the tester followed SOP, then lan lan also. Moreover, when buying used item, there is always a chance dat it is not tip top. Even new cars are known to have problems. My fren bought a 3yr old 3 series BMW that had only 15,000km mileage from performance motor used division which is supposed to have undergone 72 pt check yet within the second week, one of the ignition coil spoil. of course buying from PPSL means got warranty but the point is dat for such a low mileage premium car dat undergone checks by the AD also can spoil.

Electronic/electrical items sometimes dont give warning its going to spoil.

Today its fine n tomorrow its kaput. Thats why some pple still prefer the old style mechanical stuff. Easier to detect if its going to fail n can repair/change b4 it breakdown.

If it happens on a dark n lonely road or NSHW, then good luck to u. :ph34r:

I worse. Last time I bought what I tot was a 2nd hand distributor(from Japan) for my COE Corona fm Seng Hup at woodlands. It was faulty fm day 1 n I cud not get my old 1 back or any $ back. I just had to accept the loss n get another from another scrapyard.

I suspect ty re-con old parts n try to sell them n once u buy, the problem is yours. [furious]

You have to remember you are buying a used car. Not a new car. There's no guarantee as such. When you sell your used car to dealer, do you hand it over in tip-top condition? Do you disclose all facts and problems about the car? The dealer only takes over the car and sell to the next party. They will only touch up and ensure the car is in saleable condition. You surely don't expect them to change a brand new gearbox just to sell the car to you.

This is the risk with buying 2nd hand car. Want warranty want no problem buy 1st hand. If the problem is minor, just live with it.

Sometimes even u buy BRAND NEW, if u got problem, the AD wil play Tai-chi n push u here n there hoping u just disappear n stop giving them problems if its an expensive defect.

Minor stuff maybe ty just repair(sometimes just to keep yr car going till the warranty expires) to keep their reputation.

Hi, Sorry to hear abt your issue but bear in mind, when buying used products, be it a car or even a electrical product, don't expect it to be in good condition and last long as well.

It's always a risk to buy a secondhand car, might end up changing worn out parts very month minimum. consider yourself lucky as the dealer is gentleman enough to fork out 50% of your cost. Most dealers will say not my problem, won't pay.

Hope you get it fixed with the dealer soon.

Cheers.

Ive bought 2nd hand cars(Abt 6 so far) all my life but hv been lucky never to hv bought a lemon.

But a buyer must check very throughly the condition of the car b4 buying. Know what to look out for as clues that something is "not right".

Once u sign on the dotted line, u only hv yourself to blame if the car turns out to b a dud.

High mileage not always bad n low mileage not always good.

I think buying a 2nd hand car is better than buying a new spoiled car for my case.

Bought a Chery A1 3 months ago, 1st day door already got problem, went for repair immediately, still spoil.

Body of car all not properly fix, SIAN!!!!!!

Thats a Made in China car, right?

What was wrong with the door? It fell off when u open it? Well "Its like that one". [laugh][laugh][laugh]

↡ Advertisement