MAZDA 6

Voxy28

According to SE, change in-car camera will void ignition system 3 yr warranty.

Would Mazda sell me an always-ON camera? NO.

Anyone able to get a written confirmation from AD since we're getting different information?

Its the voiding of battery, since parking mode taps to your battery and might cause it to kick the bucket earlier than its indicated shelf life.

Anyway you can change the battery outside for less than $200. Why take the risk not capturing any hit-and-run (if it happens) and bear the repair cost just to save the $200 battery?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Anyway, haven't seen many Mazda 3 or 6 with offwhite/white interior. Personally I like the white interior because it looks more conti feel and the color makes the interior looks bigger.

Is it because it turns yellowish easily? Or it's hard to maintain? I would think with some leather care products it should be ok?

Anyway, haven't seen many Mazda 3 or 6 with offwhite/white interior. Personally I like the white interior because it looks more conti feel and the color makes the interior looks bigger.

Is it because it turns yellowish easily? Or it's hard to maintain? I would think with some leather care products it should be ok?

I think will be hard to maintain esp if u have kids... Some material like jeans also tend to rub off color and will be very obvious on white.

Used to have a car with beige leather and it was difficult to maintain. Cracks and scratches also show up easily and makes it look oldish.

• Praise 2

Its the voiding of battery, since parking mode taps to your battery and might cause it to kick the bucket earlier than its indicated shelf life.

Anyway you can change the battery outside for less than $200. Why take the risk not capturing any hit-and-run (if it happens) and bear the repair cost just to save the $200 battery?

U can always fix an additional battery bank
  • Praise 1

I ordered the 2.5l sedan, decided to stretch a bit for a slightly more shiok ride for 10 years. I think can only really feel the difference when test drive one after another or going up slope with a heavy load. But helps that the wife prefers the 2.5l, so buy that got more peace and quiet for 10 years haha

I just texted him this morning to get updates, now still waiting for him to come back with updates

Good choice on the 2.5. :) mileage for the skyacrive 2.5 is not too bad and the power is just nice.
  • Praise 1

On my own as in void my car battery warranty? Even if I installed a 2nd battery pack just for the cameras?

Hi gao,

Should not and talk sense to the SE but they all err on being defensive.

As one mentioned, battery is 100+ and if parked recording is important to you, go nike and just do it. Your car will run out of warranty in 1, 3 and 5 yrs anyway .. enjoy !

Cheers.

Richard

According to SE, change in-car camera will void ignition system 3 yr warranty.

Would Mazda sell me an always-ON camera? NO.

Anyone able to get a written confirmation from AD since we're getting different information?

Hi Shalom,

All SEs from all ADs differs in their opinion and handling ...try to nego but if you wish for written confirmation, all you get is NO, NO and NO ... we would also do the same in their shoes.

Go Nike and enjoy !

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

Yes you are right, nappa is available for luxury and above. I went for the premium mainly for the engine, my butt can't tell the difference between normal and napa leather

Hi Mazda6r,

Not all nappa are the same and more going low cost ones ...

Get into a volvo or beemer especially older ones and you can even smell the difference .. it has this faint crayon-like wax smell even after years of ownership.

Mazda luxury's leather as with most Jap cars promoted with nappa e.g. harrier turbo etc. is not that grade ...

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

Hi gao,

Should not and talk sense to the SE but they all err on being defensive.

As one mentioned, battery is 100+ and if parked recording is importsnt to you, go nike and just do it. Your car will run out of warranty in 1, 3 and 5 yrs anyway .. enjoy !

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Shalom,

All SEs from all ADs differs in their opinion and handling ...try to nego but if you wish for written confirmation, all you get is NO, NO and NO ... we would also do the same in their shoes.

Go Nike and enjoy !

Cheers.

Richard

Hmm I guess you’re right. Shall do it once I get my car! Thanks Richard.

Anyway, anyone here booked their car in mid-Aug and was told that stock will arrive in Nov got a call from your SE yet? Got any wind of early/late Nov car collection? Still (patiently) waiting for my 2018 Exec...

• Praise 1

Hmm I guess you’re right. Shall do it once I get my car! Thanks Richard.

Anyway, anyone here booked their car in mid-Aug and was told that stock will arrive in Nov got a call from your SE yet? Got any wind of early/late Nov car collection? Still (patiently) waiting for my 2018 Exec...

Bro, I booked end July and still waiting man. No confirmation from my SE. Latest heard is there is a shipment coming in end Oct.

Share more if you or other bros have any other updates...

• Praise 1

Bro, I booked end July and still waiting man. No confirmation from my SE. Latest heard is there is a shipment coming in end Oct.

Share more if you or other bros have any other updates...

Whoa that's horribly long man. Hope you get your ride soon! I know from my SE that the typhoon in July, and the subsequent factory shutdown caused delays to their shipment schedule.

And coincidentally while typing my reply I just got a call from my SE lol. Told me shipment arriving end Oct, and will be ready for collection 2nd week of Nov. Hope yours is in the same shipment! [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1