MAZDA 6

Voxy28

Congrats on your new ride. My guess is that quieter tyres cost less than extensive soundproofing.

Anyone has any idea if the boot can fit 2 pcs of 29 inch luggage?

I travel with family and often need to large luggage to fit all the clothings.

Thanks.

↡ Advertisement

Hi SZ,

Thanks man !

On the Turanza, I am used to ultra low noise of Michelin Primacy 3 ST then .... and yes, I am also surprised with 7.5l/100km or >12km/l FC whille noting that it is quite sedated from idling 750 rpm to 1.5k rpm unlike my Forester XT that sprints from 750 rpm to 2k rpm in seconds at the expense of FC at >11l/100km or 8-9km/l FC for my typical but subjective driving style and travel pattern just for comparison... ouch !

However, you can look at the threads with much bigger contact pads of Turanza as compared to Michelin Primacy 3 ST or other typical low noise tyres and it is reasonable for them to be noiser .... marketing BS needs to be weighed.  Unless they do not know how to make low noise/comfort tyres and yet grippy enough like Michelin but I am not surprised after experiencing stock Forester XT's Bridgestones Dueler SUV tyres that slips on concrete mscp or painted surfaces in my office carpark. 

Cheers,

Richard

icic, have nv used primacy before

was on turanza before and now potenza. can hear the difference in sounds

But thats beside the point, enjoy ur new car!

Hi SZ,

Thanks man !

On the Turanza, I am used to ultra low noise of Michelin Primacy 3 ST then .... and yes, I am also surprised with 7.5l/100km or >12km/l FC whille noting that it is quite sedated from idling 750 rpm to 1.5k rpm unlike my Forester XT that sprints from 750 rpm to 2k rpm in seconds at the expense of FC at >11l/100km or 8-9km/l FC for my typical but subjective driving style and travel pattern just for comparison... ouch !

However, you can look at the threads with much bigger contact pads of Turanza as compared to Michelin Primacy 3 ST or other typical low noise tyres and it is reasonable for them to be noiser .... marketing BS needs to be weighed. Unless they do not know how to make low noise/comfort tyres and yet grippy enough like Michelin but I am not surprised after experiencing stock Forester XT's Bridgestones Dueler SUV tyres that slips on concrete mscp or painted surfaces in my office carpark.

Cheers,

Richard

Did u try sports mode? The acceleration is much better as it shifts the gear differently.

I agree the Bridgestone is noisy... Thinking of changing to continental CPC5 or Michelin primacy next...

Hi Bros,

Fireball Butterfly coatings done yesterday feom 11 am and collected at 9 pm ... had fireball blood devil on qashqai and forester xt but decided on higher end version since found it quite useful to ease cleaning and kim kim.

Btw, going to Service Center today cos found steering vibrates at >75kmhr which should not be the case :(

Still yet to know what is integrated foglight since there is none separate ones .. keke !

Will try to get thinkware F770 done today as CO really cannot stand stock one hanging between mirror and dash ... newer version of F800 has inferior cable mgmt without cover to avoid mess and decided to stay with older F770.

Cheers.

Richard

Chio ride! Congrats richard bro
  • Praise 1

Did u try sports mode? The acceleration is much better as it shifts the gear differently.

I agree the Bridgestone is noisy... Thinking of changing to continental CPC5 or Michelin primacy next...

Hi Hobbes,

Tks but did not and will try otw back to lorong chuan office. Nevertheless, it is fine with mentioned good FC and I would not compared with my 350Nm torque forester xt.

Back at Penjuru for vibrations in steering wheel at 75kmhr.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

Hi Hobbes,

Tks but did not and will try otw back to lorong chuan office. Nevertheless, it is fine with mentioned good FC and I would not compared with my 350Nm torque forester xt.

Back at Penjuru for vibrations in steering wheel at 75kmhr.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Hobbes,

Tried to and fro Penjuru from Lorong Chuan but this is only good for pick up but rpm is way too high at higher speed which means you need to switch off ... forester fxt differs and I am basically on perpetual Sport mode since rpm lowers to almost normal mode at higher speed though it is still more response and could be due to turbo for more option or basically a more advance setting and not just holding gear through speed range.

BTW, vibration of steering wheel is due to the steelmate tpms internal sensor within the wheels and all good now ...  heard about this potential issue while I never had this issue with what I thought even more obvious steelmate external sensors ...  happy wife and happy Richard ... phew !

Cheers,

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

Hi Hobbes,

Tried to and fro Penjuru from Lorong Chuan but this is only good for pick up but rpm is way too high at higher speed which means you need to switch off ... forester fxt differs and I am basically on perpetual Sport mode since rpm lowers to almost normal mode at higher speed though it is still more response and could be due to turbo for more option or basically a more advance setting and not just holding gear through speed range.

BTW, vibration of steering wheel is due to the steelmate tpms internal sensor within the wheels and all good now ... heard about this potential issue while I never had this issue with what I thought even more obvious steelmate external sensors ... happy wife and happy Richard ... phew !

Cheers,

Richard

Tpms came with car or after market?

Yes the sports mode rpm is high even at higher speed. Just turn off when u don't need it anymore. I use it only once in a while though. The location of the sports mode switch not very easy to access when driving... Not like the Forester one.

Edited by Hobbes187

Yes the sports mode rpm is high even at higher speed. Just turn off when u don't need it anymore. I use it only once in a while though. The location of the sports mode switch not very easy to access when driving... Not like the Forester one.

Hi Hobbes,

Executive dun have tmps  (I hope ... lol !) ... it is aftermkt steelmate tpms with internal sensor type.

Not practical but guess it is a poor option and not needed by wife on lane 2 or 3  ... lol !

Same with Harrier Turbo with sports mode on dashboard which is worse ... touch sensor so more if I remember correctly.

Cheers,

Richard

Hi Bros,

Does this fit FL mazda 6 since control panel is different ??

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/7PCS-ABS-Chrome-trim-For-Mazda-3-Mazda-6-CX5-CX-5-ATENZA-Axela-Window-lift/32590140472.html?spm=a2g0s.13010208.99999999.260.7e573c00M2iumM

Thanks in advance and cheers.

Richard

I was very disappointed on the standard model without the smart keyless entry system. My current sulphy 2015 model has this function.

Any lobang to install the smart.keyless entry system after gettin the standard model

I was very disappointed on the standard model without the smart keyless entry system. My current sulphy 2015 model has this function.

U can always get the executive.

Can the interior even compare with the mazda 6 standard?? Doubt so right

• Praise 2

Hi SZ,

Thanks man !

However, you can look at the threads with much bigger contact pads of Turanza as compared to Michelin Primacy 3 ST or other typical low noise tyres and it is reasonable for them to be noiser .... marketing BS needs to be weighed. Unless they do not know how to make low noise/comfort tyres and yet grippy enough like Michelin but I am not surprised after experiencing stock Forester XT's Bridgestones Dueler SUV tyres that slips on concrete mscp or painted surfaces in my office carpark.

Cheers,

Richard

I use to think performance tyres are loud. Just changed to Michellin PS4S. It is quieter than the original Bridgestones or even those Yokohama that are suppose to be ultra quiet.

Sports mode is addictive. I once used it for an entire 20 km trip. Feels great but I think wear and tear will be very high.

Nowadays I'll use it for overtaking and accelerating into the expressway and bends.

How do u guys use it ?

I use to think performance tyres are loud. Just changed to Michellin PS4S. It is quieter than the original Bridgestones or even those Yokohama that are suppose to be ultra quiet.

Sports mode is addictive. I once used it for an entire 20 km trip. Feels great but I think wear and tear will be very high.

Nowadays I'll use it for overtaking and accelerating into the expressway and bends.

How do u guys use it ?

Hi Chong,

Guess subjective and relative as well as if car already well insulated .. had not tried ps4s but tried ps3s and they are way louder than primacy 3 st tried and I believe also lattitude sports not tried.

I will never use 100% sports mode of mazda 6 for city or singapore hwy driving cos I got stuck to 3k rpm which is too noisy to enjoy the ride. Think betta used manual tiptronic gear is betta though need more attention like manual gear.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

Any lobang to install the smart.keyless entry system after gettin the standard model

I think JDM autocare installs keyless entry for mazda. Was quoted 600+ for it. You might want to check with them

How do u guys use it ?

Bro u are driving 2.5L on the 19 inch wheels right? So u find the Michelin much better than the stock in terms of noise?

I realized our 19 inch size is not easy to find. Only 4 or 5 models have 225/45r19. And PS4S is one of them...

I think JDM autocare installs keyless entry for mazda. Was quoted 600+ for it. You might want to check with them

2018 model have????

Void of.warranty??

Do u own a Mazda 6

Before? Yes and I’ve own a nissan also

Unless u trying to tell me ur nissan is better than the mazda ..

But taste is to individual

Cars that I’ve owned before:

Fiat , Suzuki, Mazda 3, 6, nissan qashqai, ford focus..

And also managed to drive a sylphy as a courtesy car from TC

Edited by Budgetice
↡ Advertisement