MAZDA 6

Voxy28

Off track a bit .....It's like seeing a doctor. Are we to avoid doctors that make lots of profits? For me, how much they make out of me is not a concern, its whether they can make me well again. I do not understand why some people are jealous of how much a business or company is making out of him or her

Because for some reason our "gahment" also takes issue with this wor...

Look at the Brunei royalty case of "overcharging", and recent "fee guidelines" to curb "over-charging" in private sector...

But really, I see your point (thanks to Ody).

I'm merely saying that certain features should have been brought in as opposed to leaving them out on the groundless basis of "won't be used often". And it's not like those are features only found in premium contis.

So yea, it's already a good deal, a good bargain, can be made better, if the price is still right.

↡ Advertisement

I had posted this chart in another thread. Mercedes reliability started improving from 2007 until 2014 when it started to take a turn for the worse. (Y-axis is number of problems)

Taken from this video if anyone is interested:

yah..i saw this video sometime back.might be true but some of the mechanics i know tent to condemn merc as being too complicated and too much sensors and electronics

i agree.Mazda 6 looks far handsome and more "garang".and if i had to choose between the 2,i'll take the 6 any day everyday. btw,don't think the e class is as reliable a it was before.think the last hardy e class was the 2007 model(the rounded headlights).there after,it's just downhill.

P.S.-standard 6 is $98k?wow..very good price for the size and build.

shouldn't judge by the feedback here.you should test it out yourself.the looks actually matches the ride. granted i didn't buy it but for the build quality inside out and smooth transmission,you're getting a bargain..if that makes sense

Hi Gadat,

The twin round headlight e class should be w125 which nearly killed merc due to many quality issues .. think other then making it more trendy and supercharging the last few generations, they seems be ok on reliability.

Admittedly not familiar with Jaguar but bmw is not without its reliability issues .. the infamous oil leak issue that affect the 520 and even BIL's 4 yrs old 316 oreli needing 1l topup in between service and failing dashboard diaplay.

Hence, still merc for me.

Cheers.

Richard

Hey, it's actually constructive criticism.

It's about making a good sales pitch by making your customer see what is value for money.

In my humble opinion, the interior of the Mz6 is already very good, and its specs sheet already impressive. If it just had that 1-2 more "premium" features that other makers have (not even contis, Subaru has them with Eyesight), I doubt it would cost significantly more, and customers may (not definitely) choose them over say a premium conti where those are additional "options" that cost an arm and a leg...

For reference, the heads-up display is a $4700 option on the E-class, and a $6400 option on the Audi A6. If you fiddle around on their websites.

I envy the american car prices.. Hehe..

A base E-class prob USD40k. With many add ons, it wont break your arm or leg too. Prob 10k more for much more features...

Anyway america is well still america.

Singapore, boh bian, just suck it up. haha.

In truth, Mazda 6 offer one of the best value for money now for a mid-big sized sedan. A full 4.8mtrs car, and honestly a better upgrade over the mazda 3 liao.

Mazda 6 vs camry vs sonata vs jetta now. Price wise Mazda 6 already blow the rest aside. And do not ever ever use Audi A3 or bmw 1 series to compare Mazda 6.. haha....

I envy the american car prices.. Hehe..

A base E-class prob USD40k. With many add ons, it wont break your arm or leg too. Prob 10k more for much more features...

Anyway america is well still america.

Singapore, boh bian, just suck it up. haha.

In truth, Mazda 6 offer one of the best value for money now for a mid-big sized sedan. A full 4.8mtrs car, and honestly a better upgrade over the mazda 3 liao.

Mazda 6 vs camry vs sonata vs jetta now. Price wise Mazda 6 already blow the rest aside. And do not ever ever use Audi A3 or bmw 1 series to compare Mazda 6.. haha....

The Audi n bmw are in a different league and should never be used to compare against the mazda 6

Hi Gadat,

The twin round headlight e class should be w125 which nearly killed merc due to many quality issues .. think other then making it more trendy and supercharging the last few generations, they seems be ok on reliability.

Admittedly not familiar with Jaguar but bmw is not without its reliability issues .. the infamous oil leak issue that affect the 520 and even BIL's 4 yrs old 316 oreli needing 1l topup in between service and failing dashboard diaplay.

Hence, still merc for me.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Richard,

Every car has a chance of having issues. But some car manufacturers don't take engineering seriously enough...

https://autoexpert.com.au/posts/ultimate-lemon-list-the-top-20-worst-cars-to-buy-in-2019

https://autoexpert.com.au/posts/ford-powershift-transmission-10-million-fine

https://autoexpert.com.au/posts/why-are-so-many-fords-catching-fire

https://autoexpert.com.au/posts/dear-mercedes-amg-stop-apologising-for-your-squeaky-brakes

Just to list a few. Scotty Kilmer also has a decent Youtube channel about the engineering in Mercs.

The Audi n bmw are in a different league and should never be used to compare against the mazda 6

I don't know about you but when I buy a car, I will go to BMW, Mercedes, Mazda, Lexus, Toyota showrooms etc to do test drives and make comparison.

https://www.asburyauto.com/compare/2018-mazda-6-vs-2018-bmw-3-series-sedan/154894

Edited by andrewyewkc

Yeah.. though some might say a3 pricr close to mz6. Hehe. But errm thats not the way i would wan2 compare. Lol.

Yeah.. though some might say a3 pricr close to mz6. Hehe. But errm thats not the way i would wan2 compare. Lol.

Ya agree.

The Mz6 is a more mid-sized sedan while the A3 is a compact luxury sedan. In terms of physical dimensions it's closer to Mz3.

Ya agree.

The Mz6 is a more mid-sized sedan while the A3 is a compact luxury sedan. In terms of physical dimensions it's closer to Mz3.

Usa and europe. Mz6 is mid sized and a3 is super compact small.

In singaopore mz6 is large.

haiz... ownself say, ownself song

i presume u are comparing price? lets talk abt 100k sum then. if so, we will be talking abt A3 1.0 and 116.

A3 1.0 is an entry lvl chia

116 is also an entry lvl chia

the one thing they can appeal is the badge

BMW and Audi or any angmoh chia is different league only when we use A5/6, 4/5series, E class.

The rest of the range below dont give u the driving experience the brand wanted originally

Dun believe, go and test drive urself.

Dun believe, go and ask those table wipers and cardboard collectors here in the forum. hahahH

• Praise 1

Hi tchin,

My pleasure .. not advisable on the 1.2l if you had read in detail. Nice comfortable ride and all but really underpowered if stock to the extend of being not very safe and still many unresolved issues including safety related one of power loss if you are not lucky .. and bloody high price still also as well as poor gearbox. Hence now driving mazda 6 and not another qashqai ..lol !

Coe price can only speculate but looking no concern till feb or after cny ... double happiness and congras to your pending addition to the family .. best !

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Richard,

Do feel on paper 1.2 turbo is a little lacking. Thus hoping for the new 1.3tce. but probably no big difference.

Mazda 6 will be much different. Hoping will have good price after CNY.

Cheers.

Nissan's Chairman just got arrested and their share price tumbled... Think about how that's going to impact their R & D budget...

In addition, the internet is awash with stories about the deplorable durability of the CVT transmissions made by JATCO (owned by Nissan) and is found in their vehicles.

I would be more careful until I read news about the CVT issue being fixed...

Hi Dk3410,

Good point, CVT does have a weakness n seems rather problematic if driven hard. So not considering buying used nissan.

• Praise 1

Hi Richard,

Do feel on paper 1.2 turbo is a little lacking. Thus hoping for the new 1.3tce. but probably no big difference.

Mazda 6 will be much different. Hoping will have good price after CNY.

Cheers.

Hi tchin,

Guess after knowing these 2 cars, the difference is that when pushed mazda6 still move but vocal for pick up while the qashqai 1.2 does not move as well.

There is also this looseness of the qashqai 1.2 gearbox ..

As such, I wun say mazda 6 is "much" better but 2.0l and non cvt do help to make it better especially at higher cruising speed with bettwr response.

The 1.2 turbo qashqai does 10-11km/l while 2.0 mazda NA gives 12-13km/l ... seems response of later is dull for lower FC.

Cheera.

Richard

Hi tchin,

Guess after knowing these 2 cars, the difference is that when pushed mazda6 still move but vocal for pick up while the qashqai 1.2 does not move as well.

There is also this looseness of the qashqai 1.2 gearbox ..

As such, I wun say mazda 6 is "much" better but 2.0l and non cvt do help to make it better especially at higher cruising speed with bettwr response.

The 1.2 turbo qashqai does 10-11km/l while 2.0 mazda NA gives 12-13km/l ... seems response of later is dull for lower FC.

Cheera.

Richard

Hi Richard,

Was hoping qashqai can do 15km/l, with paper show 17.8km/l.

M6 is definitely closer to the specifications. Look forward to drive one. Do prefer the Camry comfort ride but doesn't handle as well.

Cheers.

haiz... ownself say, ownself song

i presume u are comparing price? lets talk abt 100k sum then. if so, we will be talking abt A3 1.0 and 116.

A3 1.0 is an entry lvl chia

116 is also an entry lvl chia

the one thing they can appeal is the badge

BMW and Audi or any angmoh chia is different league only when we use A5/6, 4/5series, E class.

The rest of the range below dont give u the driving experience the brand wanted originally

Dun believe, go and test drive urself.

Dun believe, go and ask those table wipers and cardboard collectors here in the forum. hahahH

Actually the 216gt. The diesel one is good value back then untim it became only petrol variant in sg.

The 2gt back then was the "lux" version. And it does feel a bit more premium actually. The stitchings. Etc all done nicely. Lack of cheap plastics feel.

The c class n beemer 3 series also not too bad interior wise. Definately can consider if one do not mind the size and love thr badge.

• Praise 1

Hi Richard,

Was hoping qashqai can do 15km/l, with paper show 17.8km/l.

M6 is definitely closer to the specifications. Look forward to drive one. Do prefer the Camry comfort ride but doesn't handle as well.

Cheers.

Hi tchin,

No chance of 15km/ .. I had it for almost 3yrs.

My wife's sedated lane 2 and lane driving is probably 11-12km/l and my lane 1 driving will be 10km/l.

If yoy are looking the new camry, do consider coveted SUV and harrier turbo then at 130k basic variant.

Cheers.

Richard

Actually the 216gt. The diesel one is good value back then untim it became only petrol variant in sg.

The 2gt back then was the "lux" version. And it does feel a bit more premium actually. The stitchings. Etc all done nicely. Lack of cheap plastics feel.

The c class n beemer 3 series also not too bad interior wise. Definately can consider if one do not mind the size and love thr badge.

Hi Spurman,

Bmw diesel ..uhmm.

Petrol variant oreli eat oil and guess you are aware of high compression of diesel engine technology.

High torque and great FC but unless you are toward 300k km for 10 yrs, it does not add up as vfm ..and you have to deal with inherent rattling.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032
  • Praise 1

Hi tchin,

No chance of 15km/ .. I had it for almost 3yrs.

My wife's sedated lane 2 and lane driving is probably 11-12km/l and my lane 1 driving will be 10km/l.

If yoy are looking the new camry, do consider coveted SUV and harrier turbo then at 130k basic variant.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Spurman,

Bmw diesel ..uhmm.

Petrol variant oreli eat oil and guess you are aware of high compression of diesel engine technology.

High torque and great FC but unless you are toward 300k km for 10 yrs, it does not add up as vfm ..and you have to deal with inherent rattling.

Cheers.

Richard

I got the 2gt for a yr actually. It was a good ride. Back then i wanted a mpv with drivibility and 2gt was hot then. Lol.

Hypnotise myself that the last row will be good even though it was cramped. But alas after a while with 5 adults n a kid in rhe car, 4 of them prefer to squeeze into 2nd row. Thus i felt it was pretty wasted.

And then the new laws on disel setting in. So bit the bullet and traded in this ride.

Actually disel ride is good. Noisy on outside only. But the torque is good. It took me to perak 3 times in all too. Good overtaking too coz of the torque. Fc was excellent. But end day these new factors suayed me to discard this nice car though.

I avg 100km a day easily so diesel was awesome for me back then.

↡ Advertisement