MAZDA 6

Voxy28

Hi all, just like to check what's the actual fuel efficiency of the 2.0l M6?

On paper it says 14.7km/l.  Just wondering if that's rate in Singapore?

2018 2.0 M6. 

Typical drive with 60% highway and 40% city will give btw 7.2-7.5 ltr per 100km

Average 7.8 over 6k km of driving

However, I managed to clock 5.6 ltr in one of my 16km commute on PIE-CTE. Speed abt 70-90kmph

If I drive with a light foot, 6-6.2 l on highway is not difficult to achieve. 

post-168819-0-52900300-1550387139_thumb.jpg

Edited by EdwinLee_146267
↡ Advertisement

Hi teo,

Awesome car accessories c/o ah seng at kaki bukit will be able to help you ... can let him know Richard recommended.

Quality all tiong one but my kick sensor with stock tailgate is 99.99% accurate and fine after 6 mths.

Cheers.

Richard

I had wanted to ask for a shop name till I realised this is the shop name! Thanks for the heads up!
  • Praise 1

Hi all, just wondering...

Have seen ads that help u to configure ur mzdconnect to display/unlock the auto door lock feature when driving and unlock when in park mode... anyone else did this? Is it legit, will it void the warranty?

Edited by Raynergoh

Hi all, just wondering...

Have seen ads that help u to configure ur mzdconnect to display/unlock the auto door lock feature when driving and unlock when in park mode... anyone else did this? Is it legit, will it void the warranty?

The setting page has such options. The stock software.

2018 2.0 M6.

Typical drive with 60% highway and 40% city will give btw 7.2-7.5 ltr per 100km

Average 7.8 over 6k km of driving

However, I managed to clock 5.6 ltr in one of my 16km commute on PIE-CTE. Speed abt 70-90kmph

If I drive with a light foot, 6-6.2 l on highway is not difficult to achieve.

Wow, 5.6l/100km...this is hybrid territory FC......well done!!

Anyone bought Mazda 6 wagon? Is it as good as the sedan? Any issues driving the wagon.

I am looking for a family car, and The boot space for wagon should be larger than the sedan?

Thanks

Wagon only comes in 2.5L, has shorter wheelbase and hence marginally less leg-room for rear passengers. It also has slightly higher kerb weight compared to the sedan.

The trade-off however, is the better head-room for the rear passengers, larger and better boot access and slightly shorter turning radius.

Wagons are generally more practical, while sedans more "pretty", though that's highly subjective.

Wagon only comes in 2.5L, has shorter wheelbase and hence marginally less leg-room for rear passengers. It also has slightly higher kerb weight compared to the sedan.

The trade-off however, is the better head-room for the rear passengers, larger and better boot access and slightly shorter turning radius.

Wagons are generally more practical, while sedans more "pretty", though that's highly subjective.

I have to admit mazda wagon looks sleek compared to other competitors. The only perk of getting a wagon is the larger boot space than its sister sedan but bear in mind that theres a lack of proper insulation or cover between the rear seats and boot. Something for you to think about.

Some concerns which made me think twice of getting a wagon:

- larger buffer require for reverse parking because of the rear cover (think suv)

- slightly higher FC due to higher kerb weight

Hi,

Not sure if anyone has tried the DVD player on 2019 MZ6.

Happen to have a DVD in the car and want to test it. Somehow its not working and cannot get it to show on the display even the car is stationary.

Do we have to use a specific type of DVD in order to play it?

The switch to turn the screen on for DVD input is the handbrake. if you switch on the electric handbrake, the screen should show your DVD input. 

It is actually quite possible to achieve this at the speed range that he mentioned.

In fact, I found it much easier to achieve with cruise control.

Although it may not make sense for some traffic conditions.

Since got the Maz6 2.0 three months ago, had remained above 11L/100km.

i-stop OFF,  70% city.

post-227603-0-05839000-1550418100_thumb.jpg

Hi Fellow Maz,

Would appreciate if anyone had done and advise how to remove the welcome light cover under the doors of Mz6 2018?

post-227603-0-53369000-1550418287_thumb.jpg

Would like to change the light fixture inside.

Cheers.

Out of curiousity, what is the reason you bought the wagon?

Wagon has a slightly shorter wheelbase compared to the sedan, so rear legroom is also about 3 cm less. I am 1.8M and rear headroom is better compared to the sedan. My colleague has the sedan, so everytime I sit at the rear my head brush against the roof. Drive quite similar when I test drove both cars and the SE told me the wagon is more nimble as it is shorter, I cannot tell the difference.

The switch to turn the screen on for DVD input is the handbrake. if you switch on the electric handbrake, the screen should show your DVD input. 

Thank you.

Will test it again.

That's quite high. Not sure if that's the norm...

Think its main due to more city drive, and city drive is always jam can have big impact versus rather smooth city drive but not as free flowing on highway...as FC is a measure of distance covered by unit fuel, any 0 distance with fuel consumption kills FC....so duration of that has great impact, regardless of how modern the engine maybe (just more or less impact)

my 2 cents

That's quite high. Not sure if that's the norm...

Hi Bear,

Guess bro PT also is heavy footed which worsen FC for typical stop-start for his 70% city driving since mazda 6 2.0 I feel is tuned for FC and not pick up ... rpm rises slowly to 2k+ rpm and drops quickly to 1-1.5k rpm while I have hard time keeping rpm of my forester xt at 1.5 to 2k rpm at the expense of FC of course.

Believe he will do betta FC with pivot ethrottle controller if he continues to be heavy footed and wants betta pick up.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032