MAZDA 6

Voxy28

Neutral Newbie

Just saw Mazda 6 Executive price is at $124,800

I purchased last year around Sep 2018 was $107,800 the price sky rocket by $17,000 is due to COE?

I notice other brand like honda etc nv increase by so much difference?

xD3PaMq.png

Actual pricing (in showroom) is not far from what you paid though.
↡ Advertisement

To accentuate the difference between V-Power, 98 and 95, Shell has modified the formula. Not placebo effect.

In my case it's the same RON 95 but different brand Petrol. Unless they mistakenly gave me V-power equivalent at RON95 price...

My BP stock dashcam able to use parking mode.

(No record unless motion sensor is trigger).

The accessories shop connect both ACC and B+ cable together so BP Dashcam cannot switch to parking mode.

I bought the Cellink Neo with original BlackVue connector so i need to modified the output cable to 3 wire (ACC; B+ and Ground).

Driving Mode

Celink Neo will supply power to both ACC and B+ cable.

BP dashcam will take it as Driving Mode bec ACC is ON.

Parking Mode

Celink Neo will supply power to B+ cable.

BP dashcam will know the car is turn OFF so will enable the parking mode.

I really like to praise you but my point is too low to praise. You are the man. Thks for sharing!
  • Praise 1

Haha, indeed my brother but the reason for my question was because I had been using Shell95 since last Jun (pre-FL) and found it rather sluggish with no Sports mode. Especially on a slight incline with 2 adults and 3 young kids, sometimes the engine would roar for some time without the accompanying torque kicking in (has to downshift).

I initially thought that perhaps this was due to either the body being too heavy for the 2.0L engine or the fuel-efficiency biased tuning but recently I tried another brand and surprisingly the response was very good and the car is much more nimble and is raring to go even with slight push on the accelerator and with no Sports mode.

It's possible that it's placebo effect but my wife mentioned the same thing so I'm wondering if others had had the same experience.

Do you mind to share which new brand is that? I have been on shell95 for quite some time

bro, just to ask if your car is always expose and moving under the sun? I'm thinking of upgrade SD card too, but looking for a more reliable 1.

Thanks bro Nkw0820 sharing Sandisk ultra @$36. Later have time I go see which type is it.

Cellink Battery, will that void warranty? Need to re-run the existing blaupunkt wire?

https://shopee.sg/SanDisk-Extreme-SDHC-XC-UHS-I-Cards-32GB---64GB---128GB-i.12692969.102312409?smtt=0.0.3

I use a lexar SD card, it works well with the camera.

Do you think it is feasible to relocate the BP camera to the left side of the safety camera? I saw some cars install thinkware not in the center of the screen

Sat in my friend BMW X3, the camera is at passenger side, I felt weird.

Haha, indeed my brother but the reason for my question was because I had been using Shell95 since last Jun (pre-FL) and found it rather sluggish with no Sports mode. Especially on a slight incline with 2 adults and 3 young kids, sometimes the engine would roar for some time without the accompanying torque kicking in (has to downshift).

I initially thought that perhaps this was due to either the body being too heavy for the 2.0L engine or the fuel-efficiency biased tuning but recently I tried another brand and surprisingly the response was very good and the car is much more nimble and is raring to go even with slight push on the accelerator and with no Sports mode.

It's possible that it's placebo effect but my wife mentioned the same thing so I'm wondering if others had had the same experience.

Just a feeling.

I have been with SPC95 / 98 and Techron 98 with the 2L Mazda 6.

SPC95  less power than SPC98, with 98, engine more responsive.

SPC98  less power than Techron 98, less significant though

1 plus point, using Techron98 i feel less vibration, lower engine noise compare to SPC.

(edited)

In my case it's the same RON 95 but different brand Petrol. Unless they mistakenly gave me V-power equivalent at RON95 price...

I pumped 98 so far but go whichever gives me discount, e.g. Shell, Caltex, Esso. So far all are similar to me till recently SPC gives me no power feel and FC increase (maybe due to after holiday traffic is bad). But I will continue SPC (coz have $5 discount voucher) till get another discount.

Which brand does give you power but 95 price?

Edited by S2s1

I pumped 98 so far but go whichever gives me discount, e.g. Shell, Caltex, Esso. So far all are similar to me till recently SPC gives me no power feel and FC increase (maybe due to after holiday traffic is bad). But I will continue SPC (coz have $5 discount voucher) till get another discount.

Which brand does give you power but 95 price?

Bro, sorry to say, I have not try any other RON95 on this car yet.

I'm the on SPC95 for the sake of cheaper price (even for my old car the last few years)...

If you notice when pump price hike, SPC is always the last to jump up.

Oly once in the blue moon, i pump 98 from SPC / Techron.  [laugh]  [laugh]

Do you mind to share which new brand is that? I have been on shell95 for quite some time

I tried Sinopec95 since they just opened bt timah area. Now left about half tank. Will update here next full tank in case they did give me wrong grade petrol although i highly doubt that was the case.

(edited)

Just a feeling.

I have been with SPC95 / 98 and Techron 98 with the 2L Mazda 6.

SPC95 less power than SPC98, with 98, engine more responsive.

SPC98 less power than Techron 98, less significant though

1 plus point, using Techron98 i feel less vibration, lower engine noise compare to SPC.

I tried Shell98 before also, the difference Shell95 to 98 is less significant hence my surprise. I don't think I have the receipt anymore for Sinopec95 but my entry in fuelio has it I paid $84.82 for 48.412L for $1.752/L after 20% off.

Edit: for clarity

Edited by fleonhart_mcf

Yes, the other brand don't have V-Power, so there is no need to accentuate the difference and they can make their 95 better.

I tried Shell98 before also, the difference Shell95 to 98 is less significant hence my surprise. I don't think I have the receipt anymore for Sinopec95 but my entry in fuelio has it I paid $84.82 for 48.412L for $1.752/L after 20% off.

Edit: for clarity

I read somewhere, Sinopec petrol is higher quality, and during the Bukit Timah opening, owner entitled 25.99% disc.

Let's see if they continue to do better.

Yes, the other brand don't have V-Power, so there is no need to accentuate the difference and they can make their 95 better.

Shell used to be alone, but i think now they have competitor.

post-38819-0-30828000-1551840331_thumb.png

Looking at the IT Show flyer, both Marbella and Thinkware have booths there and I’m sure SD cards of various brands can be bought at a discount, if one is willing to brave the crowds at Suntec this weekend.

(edited)

Looking at the IT Show flyer, both Marbella and Thinkware have booths there and I’m sure SD cards of various brands can be bought at a discount, if one is willing to brave the crowds at Suntec this weekend.

For video especially those that have 24/7...do get the high endurance one, e.g. SanDisk high endurance micro SD, white color...max only 64GB i think. Other brands high endurance ones, Samsung Pro Endurance got 128GB but quite ex

Edited by Fteocs

Neutral Newbie

recently just collect my mazda 6 standard, thinking of change halogen DRL to LED. Anyone here can recommend and the cost? :)

recently just collect my mazda 6 standard, thinking of change halogen DRL to LED. Anyone here can recommend and the cost? :)

I install my 1st LED DRL in a local workshop at $40 per pair but I found that the light is too white compared with the headlight and the quality is not so good.

At the end, I bought a new Osram LED from Amazon UK at around $60 (include shipping cost).

The quality is very good and matching with our headlight.

https://www.osram.com/am/ecat/LEDriving%20PREMIUM-LED%20signal%20lamps-Cars-Automotive%20Lighting/com/en/GPS01_2636491/PP_EUROPE_Europe_eCat/ZMP_4053041/

(edited)

I install my 1st LED DRL in a local workshop at $40 per pair but I found that the light is too white compared with the headlight and the quality is not so good.

At the end, I bought a new Osram LED from Amazon UK at around $60 (include shipping cost).

https://www.osram.com/am/ecat/LEDriving%20PREMIUM-LED%20signal%20lamps-Cars-Automotive%20Lighting/com/en/GPS01_2636491/PP_EUROPE_Europe_eCat/ZMP_4053041/

For Mazda 6 standard, the DRL light bulb come with 2 types of power output.

21W (High Power) = Daytime Running Light

5W (Low Power) = Position Light

DRL only light up while driving with headlight is turn off.

The light bulb will auto dimming as Position Light in Parking or Handbrake is engaged.

Edited by Nkw0820

LTA approved?

Does the installation take down the bumper?

↡ Advertisement