MAZDA 6

Voxy28

How old is your car? Good luck man, hope it won't be pricey.

From my experience, Mazda 6's suspension is quite soft. Going over a typical hump at HDB estate without braking to 10-15km/hr is quite scary (I'm quite gentle to my car heh). When my car is filled with 5 passenger (including 1 driver), very likely will hear knocking (not sure is suspension going full out or literally scraping the hump) when going over humps at anything above that range so I'm extra careful.

Mazda 6 Suspension are the hardest among the same class of Japanese car...Maybe You & your Passengers are all Heavy weight... [bigcry]  

↡ Advertisement

My 5k servicing took about 3 hours.

I took the first slot at 8am Leng Kee centre.

It was completed at 1130. I found it to be quite slow.

Additionally, the service engineer did not explain or tell me more about the work that was done. They just get me to the cashier right away.

Waiting that long is kind of expected la.

I did my servicing at Ubi's and they aren't as bad as you mentioned hmm...

Waiting that long is kind of expected la.

I did my servicing at Ubi's and they aren't as bad as you mentioned hmm...

Borneo motor takes about an hour for non major servicing. Thus that was my basis of comparison

if you benchmark against Borneo Motor, you will most probably feel disappointed with the efficiency of other AD's servicing. Kah Motor is another slow one. At least 3 hours for normal servicing. Major Servicing takes at least half a day.

Just changed from Mazda 3 (2014) to a 2nd hand mazda 6 (2017 model).

Notice a few things different. 

1) Reverse camera. There is this red line when you are reversing. For mazda 3, when the red line touches the carpark lot white line, my car is perfectly in the lot. For Mazda 6, the red line needs to cross the white lite then my car is in the lot. If the red line just touches the white line, my car is sticking out too much. I asked AD to align or check but they told me this is normal. Is this normal?

2) I seems to clock more mileage on the odometer with mazda 6 than mazda 3. Not sure if this is because Mazda 6 has a bigger rim but in theory mileage should not be affected by rim size. Not sure if this is just my bias.

• Praise 2

Been drving the mz6 2.0L over a year now and sudden interest in trying the "sport" mode recently.

When picking up speed or during overtaking on expressway, just flip the switch and the engine/gearbox will react promptly without me adding extra pressure on the accelerator pedal. After that, just flip the switch to off sport mode.

Some might already know this, info for those new to the car especially those finding 2.0L engine slight sluggish.

• Praise 2

Been drving the mz6 2.0L over a year now and sudden interest in trying the "sport" mode recently.

When picking up speed or during overtaking on expressway, just flip the switch and the engine/gearbox will react promptly without me adding extra pressure on the accelerator pedal. After that, just flip the switch to off sport mode.

Some might already know this, info for those new to the car especially those finding 2.0L engine slight sluggish.

Does mz6 come with paddle shift? Sorry i dont drive a mz6.

Sometimes i wonder which is better between downshift 1 gear and sports mode. Both have immediate engine response

• Praise 2

Sometimes i wonder which is better between downshift 1 gear and sports mode. Both have immediate engine response

Paddle Shift only 2.5 have.

• Praise 1

Does anyone faces the walk away auto door lock sometimes doesn't work?

Mine does. Once a while when off engine get out n close door and walk away it does not auto lock. Most of the time it does.

• Praise 2

Just changed from Mazda 3 (2014) to a 2nd hand mazda 6 (2017 model).

Notice a few things different.

1) Reverse camera. There is this red line when you are reversing. For mazda 3, when the red line touches the carpark lot white line, my car is perfectly in the lot. For Mazda 6, the red line needs to cross the white lite then my car is in the lot. If the red line just touches the white line, my car is sticking out too much. I asked AD to align or check but they told me this is normal. Is this normal?

2) I seems to clock more mileage on the odometer with mazda 6 than mazda 3. Not sure if this is because Mazda 6 has a bigger rim but in theory mileage should not be affected by rim size. Not sure if this is just my bias.

Mileage as in km/l or overall distance?

No matter what, the fuel tank of Mazda 6 is way bigger so naturally you can travel more unless you floor the accelerator everytime.

• Praise 1

Mine does. Once a while when off engine get out n close door and walk away it does not auto lock. Most of the time it does.

Yes,sometime it won't work,make sure you hear the 'Beep' Sound before moving away.

• Praise 1

From an online manual: (Walk-away auto lock function)

A beep sound is heard when all doors

and the liftgate are closed while the

advanced key is being carried. All doors

and the liftgate/boot lid are locked

automatically after about 3 seconds

when the advanced key is out of the

operational range. Also, the hazard

warning lights flash once. (Even if the

driver is in the operational range, all

doors and the liftgate/boot lid are locked

automatically after about 30 seconds.)

If

you are out of the operational range

before the doors and the liftgate/boot lid

are completely closed or another key is

left in the vehicle, the walk-away auto

lock function will not work.

Always

make sure that all doors and the liftgate/

boot lid are closed and locked before

leaving the vehicle. The walk-away auto

lock function does not close the power

windows.

Based on the manual, i guess if you close driver door first, then open and close rear passenger door, it will not work.

Edited by sgsmith
  • Praise 3

Hi fellow Mz6 owners. Just got inundated by a bunch of error messages on my Mazda 6. Indicating malfunction of almost all the active safety systems on the car (Smart City Brake Support, Forward Sensing Camera, Driver Attention Alert, Lane-keep Assist, Lane-departure Warning System).

Kind of disappointed given the car is barely 6 months old...

• Praise 1

Hi ford, 2L no paddle shift.

Mazda sport mode only hold gear at certain low ranges, if required to adjust gear manually, there is +/- mode at gear lever.

Cheers.

• Praise 1

Hi ford, 2L no paddle shift.

Mazda sport mode only hold gear at certain low ranges, if required to adjust gear manually, there is +/- mode at gear lever.

Cheers.

thanks

side track a bit,  sometimes i wonder whats the best way to overtake. Do i drop a gear or engage sport mode?

Dropping a gear is more intuitive and quicker with paddle shift

(edited)

thanks

side track a bit, sometimes i wonder whats the best way to overtake. Do i drop a gear or engage sport mode?

Dropping a gear is more intuitive and quicker with paddle shift

How about simply flooring the accelerator? Edited by makeanewcall

How about simply flooring the accelerator?

haha right, that's the 3rd option

i find this usually less responsive than the 2 choices i mentioned ealier

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1