MAZDA 6

Voxy28

hey, i found that car first loh..... actually there were another 2 SP 2.3 after mine.... both sold liao...

btw, how long it took u n how much it cost? my paintwork is like $%^&

do u guys go JB for repairs?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

The lowest the new Mazda6 went was in Nov 2008, due to a combination of clearing stock n extremely low COE.... The 2ltr could be had for $69k-$70k except there were only 2-3 colours available

i confirm this..i was offered the lilac coloured Mz6 2.0 sedan for 69k. but the trade in value for my 2yr+ lancer was also kns so passed the offer la hehe [:p]

• Praise 1

(edited)

Yes, more for info sharing and see poisons. Haha.. Is there another mz6 forum out there?

hey frostie... congrats to your new purchase :) Hope u enjoy zoom zoom around in your new 6 ;) u go the 2 or 2.5r version?

Yeah there is -> http://www.mazdaclubsingapore.org but it not so active anymore. If you do need help, post there, we will still help each other.

A small group of us may be meeting up for kopi soon. One of mz6 owner did a ECU tunning so going to check out what is the post effect :)

Edited by Sunburnsam
  • Praise 1

wow u two bought the cars at the same time? when was it?

nope my car is pre-fl. His is a SP which he got last year.

Raymondism r u ..........the one driving the powerful (just) tunned mz6 with 250hp ?

hey, i found that car first loh..... actually there were another 2 SP 2.3 after mine.... both sold liao...

btw, how long it took u n how much it cost? my paintwork is like $%^&

hahah....yep u found it ... i think it was a good catch.

Spraying externally only should be only $1100 to $1200 - 5 days.

But I use a more ex paint...so cost me about $1500

(edited)

hahah....yep u found it ... i think it was a good catch.

Spraying externally only should be only $1100 to $1200 - 5 days.

But I use a more ex paint...so cost me about $1500

i go TBL or TP look for u next week to admire ur respray job can?

external oni means u open boot, bonnet, can see the unspray part?

Edited by Notsogoodman
  • Praise 1

nope my car is pre-fl. His is a SP which he got last year.

Raymondism r u ..........the one driving the powerful (just) tunned mz6 with 250hp ?

no.. i am here to find out more abt mazda 6 as I am thinking of getting a MZ6 2.0SP HB from Dec 05

am concerned abt the FC as some bros say 9 to 11 is possible.. the car sales man told me 7 to 9 km/l...

another bro told me HB model FC lower....

now confused....

no.. i am here to find out more abt mazda 6 as I am thinking of getting a MZ6 2.0SP HB from Dec 05

am concerned abt the FC as some bros say 9 to 11 is possible.. the car sales man told me 7 to 9 km/l...

now confused....

hahaa...sorry mistaken you with another person.

FC wise for Mz6 2l - 50%|50% (highway | city) 8 to 9

But seriously it is your right foot, I have ever seen mazda 6 guys consistently choke up 9 to 10l.

But seriously if you are looking for a car with good fuel economy....Mz6 is not the car.

• Praise 1

i go TBL or TP look for u next week to admire ur respray job can?

external oni means u open boot, bonnet, can see the unspray part?

yep that is external spray.

anyway trying to arrange for kopi with other mz6 next week. One of them just tunned the car...can try try kekeeke

(edited)

hey frostie... congrats to your new purchase :) Hope u enjoy zoom zoom around in your new 6 ;) u go the 2 or 2.5r version?

Yeah there is -> http://www.mazdaclubsingapore.org but it not so active anymore. If you do need help, post there, we will still help each other.

A small group of us may be meeting up for kopi soon. One of mz6 owner did a ECU tunning so going to check out what is the post effect :)

hey sunburnsam, thanks! I didn't get a new one. Got a used one. DOB May 2008. Almost 3yr old this baby. I got the 2.0 version. So far, enjoying every bit of it.

If you guys are meeting up, hope I can join and check out the setup.

Btw, I do have a question. Is it even possible for the 6 to do a 12.44km/l figure? I said this because that's what I got after filling it up for the 2nd time. Both times, I filled her up to the brim. My KM reading was at 180km when the needle was at 3/4 mark earlier. From 3/4 mark to brim again, I only managed to squeeze in 14.70lit of fuel (that's a bit little I thought??).

For a while I thought maybe I didn't fill her all the way up. But actual visual of the fuel/tank plus the in-car fuel indicator says it's FULL. If this is true.. I am not complaining.. Haha.

Any comments on this?

Edited by Frostie

now confused....

hey raymondism, am not trying to be funny here but after owning my used 2008 m6 for a few days, i clocked an initial mileage of 12.44km/l. I am equally surprised. from filling her up to brim and when the needle is right on the 3/4 mark, i managed 180km. after topping her from 3/4 mark to brim again, i managed to only squeeze in 14.70lit. I don't know if this is an unusual case but if it's the truth, it's great. I must of course qualify by saying that I work out of cbd, 2 up in the car and use 85% highway. I still like to believe 10-11km is possible with proper control. my rpm is never above 2.5, cos I nvr had to rev hard. I'll continue to monitor and update.

hey raymondism, am not trying to be funny here but after owning my used 2008 m6 for a few days, i clocked an initial mileage of 12.44km/l. I am equally surprised. from filling her up to brim and when the needle is right on the 3/4 mark, i managed 180km. after topping her from 3/4 mark to brim again, i managed to only squeeze in 14.70lit. I don't know if this is an unusual case but if it's the truth, it's great. I must of course qualify by saying that I work out of cbd, 2 up in the car and use 85% highway. I still like to believe 10-11km is possible with proper control. my rpm is never above 2.5, cos I nvr had to rev hard. I'll continue to monitor and update.

for me, the only consolation is that my office is 5 mins from my home... and i dun work in town... i use highway as far as i can cos i m driving a manual car...

How come this model like no value one? 5k dep nia...

Sell that time should be 4k...... jialat. Is it a problematic car?

My advice, 2nd hand Madza are a good buy. I know a 2006 M5, no major problems and an M3 since 2004 no problem, some more good interior. If FC is concerned, buy Camry.

On the other hand, if FC not concerned, why not consider used Cefiro 2.3 lit - OMV higher at 25K vs M6 at 20K and same price for same age!! Used Nissan suffers worse depreciation and thus very good buy.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.ph...595&DL=1050

• Praise 1

My advice, 2nd hand Madza are a good buy. I know a 2006 M5, no major problems and an M3 since 2004 no problem, some more good interior. If FC is concerned, buy Camry.

On the other hand, if FC not concerned, why not consider used Cefiro 2.3 lit - OMV higher at 25K vs M6 at 20K and same price for same age!! Used Nissan suffers worse depreciation and thus very good buy.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.ph...595&DL=1050

That's y i was saying, try to get the Mazda 6 2.3SP, OMV at $25k n can be had for similar depreciation to the 2.0..... only prob is to find one

hahaa...sorry mistaken you with another person.

FC wise for Mz6 2l - 50%|50% (highway | city) 8 to 9

But seriously it is your right foot, I have ever seen mazda 6 guys consistently choke up 9 to 10l.

But seriously if you are looking for a car with good fuel economy....Mz6 is not the car.

bro, u ask ZL how i drive..... though i dun redline like u, but i m definitely a bit keen for her liking quite often

but i dun like to rev high unless i need to cut lane

i dun like to zoom from traffic light to traffic light (cruise)

i just like to go around bend n take corner fast

cruising is impt

when i m on 50% highway, 50% city, i get abt 9km/l, 80% highway, 20% city, i get abt 10km/l...... the worst i ever clocked for one tank was abt 8.5km/l, it was one-off n i think the attendant overpump.... i went to station almost immediately after low fuel lights came on, n that guy managed to pump in 63 ltr into our 64 ltr...

n i m one of the guys (2.3 LTR) who consistently get 9 to 10km/l n i still think not good enough... in fact, i think one guy in MCF was saying he could get 10km/l-11km/l on his Mazda 6 2.5...

now confused....

u think car salesman more trustworthy or mazda 6 owners more so?

It's really all about your right foot n driving style.....

i even know of pple who consistently get 9km/l on their Mazda3 when some others can get 11km/l to 12km/l consistently

i had a MPV (2 other friends bought the same car at the same time).....

2 of us keep getting about 9km/l n our cruising best is 10km/l.... the 3rd friend could actually get a cruising 11+km/l on one full tank(in Singapore)

↡ Advertisement