Renault Fluence

Dlar2

Heard it's timing chain. So, may not be as quiet as belt-driven one.

if im not wrong, latio also running on timing chain... [:p]

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Not really. Specs and features are different!

Even then, Cruz (with 2 airbags version, not the Base model with 1 airbag) is more expensive (S$92,999) compared to Fluence with 6 airbags (S$90,888).

So, who is ripping who?

Anyway, it's better to buy what you like rather than based on dealer's profit margin, features, etc, etc.

Profit margin for Fluence is 19% and Cruz is 36%

Some changes for the nett prices here as $92,999 (Cruze) and $90,888 (Fluence) are only official retail prices. Just did a check yesterday evening with both the ADs and the sales from Chevy quoted me $83,999 nett prices (no need to ask for discount) for the upgraded 122bhp Chevy Cruze (not the base model, the one they put $92,999 as their retail prices-$9k overtrade or discount), and the Renault sales quoted me $89,888 nett for the Fluence after asking for more discount, only $1K discount given from $90,888.

Edited by Toyogun

Neutral Newbie

mazda 3 for the reliability.

i own a mazda3 sp 1.6

super zero problems.

i even forgotten about the 30k km servicing.

and went straight for the 40k km one.

till now its 90+k km and still going strong.

i want to change car also cannot

whereas my odyssey 2009 gives me more problems (gearbox and interior quality) than my 2007 mazda 3

i have a feb 07 mazda 3 SP and i agree with you on the reliability.

in 4 years, only 1 single problem of mirror auto fold...

other than, it drives perfectly. very reliable indeed.

tested the fluence and it has more power than a Mazda 3, but no where near Jetta which is turbocharged. (for obvious reasons).

Neutral Newbie

i have a feb 07 mazda 3 SP and i agree with you on the reliability.

in 4 years, only 1 single problem of mirror auto fold...

other than, it drives perfectly. very reliable indeed.

tested the fluence and it has more power than a Mazda 3, but no where near Jetta which is turbocharged. (for obvious reasons).

Price also a lot of difference.

80K car vs 98K car??

Neutral Newbie

I am thinking how many Renault Fluence have been on the road already? How come I have not seen any on the road before since its launched last Oct? If it is not selling too well here, I will reconsider my decision to buy one now as there might be issues in the future for parts when the wears and tears worn out. A good measurement to see if the model is doing well is to be able to see a lot of the cars of that model running on the roads everywhere. Also, if it is not too well receive in the market now even when it is still very new, I don't know how much lost I will suffer for the resale value of a Fluence in a few years time if I want to change car again. I have these issues now as I am driving a "rare" but still beautiful Citoren C3 bought in 06.

Saw quite a number on the roads running now, mostly in blacks. Not "easy" to see 'cos very generic Japenis look unlike Megane 2 which is still quite bold, distinctive and aged well after 8 years.

Neutral Newbie

Saw quite a number on the roads running now, mostly in blacks. Not "easy" to see 'cos very generic Japenis look unlike Megane 2 which is still quite bold, distinctive and aged well after 8 years.

May I know where you see them? I worked around Tampines area and I have yet to see any Fluence around here.

I think that potential buyers for MIK cars should just wait for the new Avante .... not sure what will the pricing be but it is definitely worth the wait just on the exterior of the car.

We have to compared Apple to Apple, the Renault Fluence should de compared to the Forte, Cruze, avante etc. I am just worried that some people may not know that the Renault is a SAMSUNG in disguise and I am one of them ...

I sighted thrice on the road in the last 4 weeks... once in Bukit Panjang on CNY eve, once around my estate in Choa Chu Kang and once near Gleneagles. Backview is nice but the front lacks personality, in my opinion.

I would get the new Avante or Forte in this compact sedan segment for their superior looks and lower price.

Maybe Fluence is more "solid" and its handling could be better.

Neutral Newbie

I would get the new Avante or Forte in this compact sedan segment for their superior looks and lower price.

Maybe Fluence is more "solid" and its handling could be better.

Certainly a more "solid" price as well compare to the new Avante or Forte.

How to compare? Euro so weak, so MIF should be selling less than MIK?

Anyway, the pricing most likely are factored back to their mother country. Just like Jap cars made in TH/ID.

These type of mid-sized sedan (Fluence) will never be built in Europe. It's made in Asia meant for Asia markets. Renault still build supermini hatchback Clio in France. But, with soaring COE, think AD stopped importing Clio now.

Edited by Kangadrool

I saw one black one at CCK (Yew Tee) yesterday. Looks good ..... however have to compare the price with those MIK and not the those that are Made in France.

Ha ha,, i think u must have saw me... Mine is midnite blue.. can be black when u looking are different timing..

About the size of the interior space of Avante. Added bonus is the rear aircon evnts.

I think rear vents for such compact cars are damn bo liao...