Anger management

Happily1986

Mind sharing your experiences on managing your anger? I am prepared to be flamed and the usual but i find myself getting angry all too often on the roads. Having said that, i am inclined to think that i have faced an undue amount of non-routine incidents n the road (no. of incidents encountered per unit time spent on road) I think i am just being unlucky.

Some of such events include a person who continue to sashay on the shoulder of the 1st lane of the road even after horning him or her. I count this event as being non-routine as i don't regard such acts as being normal human behaviour.

Okay my point now is, i keep telling myself that there are rules and unofficial rules which are socially observed and i abide to. When i encounter instances where there is a flagrant disregard, i get very worked up and the incident keeps ruminating in my mind. I think it is very unhealthy. I don't want my mind to be consumed by anger eventually.

Thanks for reading and hope to read your inputs.

I think of the buddha, really.

Think of the bad aura that you create will chase the money god away, likedat how to tio 4D?

合气生财 :D

↡ Advertisement

hey guys, i really appreciate your inputs. I will give careful thought to what you said. Some of you pointed out that it could be a background cause, you are right, i have been under undue stress for the past 3 years and the strange thing is though i am able to suppress it while going about my routine everyday, when it comes to the road, i find it hard to keep it on leash.

Thanks for the inputs [flowerface]

hey guys, i really appreciate your inputs. I will give careful thought to what you said. Some of you pointed out that it could be a background cause, you are right, i have been under undue stress for the past 3 years and the strange thing is though i am able to suppress it while going about my routine everyday, when it comes to the road, i find it hard to keep it on leash.

Don't let stress build up, it is extremely detrimental to health. I'm speaking from personal experience. You will go crazy eventually if you continue to suppress it. Try to directly deal with the source of your stress, but if you can't, try to take time off to de-stress, even with a busy schedule. Every now and then, try to take a day off to do something you really like or to spend the whole day with your family (or on the other hand, if your family contributes to your stress, take a day to be alone or with friends whose company you enjoy). Try to get some regular exercise too, it keeps stress levels down.

my short story,

i used to be very shortfused with lousy driving for the simple fact that i got into accident with a pedestrain because of it..... anyway in the end fine $200 + deduct 6pts because got witness....

from then on, anything that happen that cause me into near accident.... i sure horn... and if the guy give me a ksmlj face... i will either cut my car in front him and jio him out or will jio him stop at the side to thrash it out... i even chase a passenger out of taxi cuz i jio the driver one to one... lucky last time camera phone not in vogue..... or kick a driver's door

after a long long time... i realised something.... it is a waste of time...... they either tell you paiseh or they dun dare come out of car.... so now i relac liao...... and seriously driving became a pleasure......

it takes time..... the thing is how long

actually I don't understand why the need to get angry. In this world, there are smart people and also not so intelligent people. Some of our colleagues/friends are smart, some are not so smart. But we get along with them anyway because we understand not everyone has the same IQ level.

Similarly on the road, there will be good drivers and kayu drivers. It's all part and parcel of being human. We can't expect everyone has the same driving skill, the same awareness, the same attitude, etc......

So angry for what????? I don't see the meaning at all.

my short story,

i used to be very shortfused with lousy driving for the simple fact that i got into accident with a pedestrain because of it..... anyway in the end fine $200 + deduct 6pts because got witness....

from then on, anything that happen that cause me into near accident.... i sure horn... and if the guy give me a ksmlj face... i will either cut my car in front him and jio him out or will jio him stop at the side to thrash it out... i even chase a passenger out of taxi cuz i jio the driver one to one... lucky last time camera phone not in vogue..... or kick a driver's door

after a long long time... i realised something.... it is a waste of time...... they either tell you paiseh or they dun dare come out of car.... so now i relac liao...... and seriously driving became a pleasure......

i never knew GS so fierce one...

hahaha

you got shout "lai lah! lai lah!" "369"

or not? [laugh] [laugh]

i never knew GS so fierce one...

hahaha

you got shout "lai lah! lai lah!" "369"

or not? [laugh] [laugh]

nah.. no need number lar... he did jio me go his zai tui... we were at geylang... i told him knn ai lai tiong kim lai.... sio pa need to go zai tui? pangsai need to go anot....

my short story,

i talked to a close friend about it before. I realised that my apparent perturbation with some road users arose from something personal in my life. Lets just say that i was stupid and i made a mistake and now i am paying for it. I didn't break any laws or anything like that but the the things is i am still bearing the consequences of my mistake till now which led me to conclude that you reap what you sow, there is no free lunch etc.

So say now when i encounter a situation on the road, i think most of you will likely just chin chye give way and forget about it. But something in me just reminds me of the fact that i am still paying for my mistake.

I made a mistake and i had to pay for it. There was no discount or leniency in Life for me. How come this bugger gets to break the rules/social norm or convention and get away scoot free?

This is the train of thought that went through my head every time such an incident occurs.

It didn't occur to me that my angry outburst was in fact an expressing frustration at this unfairness until one day my close friend was in the car and we ended up arguing and talking about it when he was onboard when i went through a similar situation.

my short story,

and your driving skills have leveled up too [laugh]

can tell that he still very hot tempered from the encounter with the picanto at desaru [laugh] [laugh]

izzit?

maybe his car got more horses, so can over take easily. so you think he hot tempered. i think he very patient leh. waiting for all of us. [:p]

on the bright side, at least you paid for your own mistakes... i paid for others mistakes

Thanks for your comments. Your earlier post describing your earlier days jolted me up.

got so scary meh....

not scary to be honest.

I read somewhere to be angry in the first place makes you already a candidate for road rage. What's more there are occasions when i actually make contact with the other party. I just realised that i am sliding towards road rage which is bad. [:/]

not scary to be honest.

I read somewhere to be angry in the first place makes you already a candidate for road rage. What's more there are occasions when i actually make contact with the other party. I just realised that i am sliding towards road rage which is bad. [:/]

you are but it is not something you can control... i advise you to try to slowly adjust getting used to errant drivers..

Different anger management issue...... How do one deal with such issues for teenager? Any experience to share. My boy Seems to be trigger by just the smallest thing.

↡ Advertisement