Anger management

Happily1986

Different anger management issue...... How do one deal with such issues for teenager? Any experience to share. My boy Seems to be trigger by just the smallest thing.

teenage? It is part of the growing stage, they will grow out of it, give him a bit of space as he may have some frustration, confused and searching.

more importantly dun get angry back at him or scold him for no respect, etc.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

teenage? It is part of the growing stage, they will grow out of it, give him a bit of space as he may have some frustration, confused and searching.

more importantly dun get angry back at him or scold him for no respect, etc.

Actually where do one draw the line that it is overboard? Thinking if there if any counselling help. He just into sec 1. Seems OK in school but at home, things go missing (to be honest, he is pretty careless with his things) can trigger his anger.

Do agree that the best option is not to scold as it cause a reaction and only talk when he is cooled down.

• Praise 1

Actually where do one draw the line that it is overboard? Thinking if there if any counselling help. He just into sec 1. Seems OK in school but at home, things go missing (to be honest, he is pretty careless with his things) can trigger his anger.

Do agree that the best option is not to scold as it cause a reaction and only talk when he is cooled down.

as long as he didn't do anything morally wrong and still well behaved in other occasion then should be fine. 

The workload and cca in new school probably let him feel of losing out (for the confident ones), hence the frustration. Then come to things that he think he is old enough to decide yet parents still deciding for him. Also some boys are more matured than the other, they get a lot of frustration when they deal with big group (not like minded) especially in new environment i.e. sec 1. 

Home is the only SAFE place for him to express himself, sometime at the parents but i dun think he did it on purpose. Let him be more active in joining cca to vent his energy and let the senior in school guide & coach him, he will find a mentor and learn from there.

• Praise 1

if he gets angry with himself, i would ignore. after all i do it sometimes myself.

If he gets angry and lashes out at someone. I would remind him later to reflect on how the angry words hurt the other family member.

• Praise 2

If he is the introvert and more towards the quiet type, pay attention.

Sec one, 13 yrs old, many are into the start of teenage hood, new school, new environment, trying to blend into new grps, and suddenly so many more subjects to handle. These are all invisible pressure he likely has no experience before.   He could be under pressure, sld talk to him and prepare him for such changes. 

My boy is same age as yours, but we communicate a lot. Sometimes he gets overboard I still F him in front of everyone, just to be sure he wakes up his idea.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 1

Yes. Befriend with your kids but constant reminder that non negotiable respect for the elder has to be maintained at all times.

My boy also exhibits same impatience and quick temper since move on to Sec. I just let him manage on his own but keep an one-eye one-ear monitoring. It usually goes away after 10-20 mins. So, for him I allow temporary out-let so long he revert back to being cheerful and chatty with us after a while.

I also let him take ownership as to when he should do the homework, piano practice plus theory papers to earn his phone game time. The challenge is he likes to play it online with his new frenz but the timing often clashes with when we expect him to do certain chores at home.

为人父母者,痛苦”瞎狼哉”?

• Praise 3

Problem issue is the anger which I think can be overboard, to the extend of throwing things out of frustration or something trivial which can create an reaction. That's where I am a bit concern.

Only when you are a parent yourself, then you k ow what shit your own parent went thru.....

Problem issue is the anger which I think can be overboard, to the extend of throwing things out of frustration or something trivial which can create an reaction. That's where I am a bit concern.

Only when you are a parent yourself, then you k ow what shit your own parent went thru.....

I think you need to pay special attention to your boy, seem like he is under pressure and trying to let it out. I think this is a concern liao. 

actually how he behave got to do with the parenting method at younger age.

i ever saw a family with 2 boys, both equally aggressive since upper pri sc and the damage is quite high in the house. Some time they whack each other until see blood. They slightly tone down in upper sec due to school works and exam, they still get angry at their parents when certain thing trigger, then come to JC they are more matured. However they will talk less and keep things to themselves.

I heard of another case that the boy likes to throw things at home, every time the parents will replace those item until the damage getting bigger and more expensive (like tv). The only way to deal with this is stop reacting to his anger, no need to replace those damages and soon he will realized he can only angry with himself and no one cares. Also let him clean up the mess after he throw his temper.

• Praise 1

my daughter oso sec 1 and same same....always angry about the smaller stuff. OC bears the brunt of her temper....oni yesterday she flew on a rage just because her mom wanted to wrap her exercise book with plastic cover. I stepped in to sooth her and she said that mommy didnt want to listen to her as she had already told her mum that she doesnt want her exercise books to be wrapped. Cant blame my daughter though because i oredy told the oc dont wrap the books as i dont see many secondary students wrap their book unless she herself wants it wrapped. Can see oc had tears in her eyes and i reminded her of my warning......let the girl decide. Then morning just now oc kana from me for wasting electricity just for the cats......haiz.
  • Praise 2

actually how he behave got to do with the parenting method at younger age.

i ever saw a family with 2 boys, both equally aggressive since upper pri sc and the damage is quite high in the house. Some time they whack each other until see blood. They slightly tone down in upper sec due to school works and exam, they still get angry at their parents when certain thing trigger, then come to JC they are more matured. However they will talk less and keep things to themselves.

I heard of another case that the boy likes to throw things at home, every time the parents will replace those item until the damage getting bigger and more expensive (like tv). The only way to deal with this is stop reacting to his anger, no need to replace those damages and soon he will realized he can only angry with himself and no one cares. Also let him clean up the mess after he throw his temper.

My eldest daughter once threw her toy on the floor, I pick it up and throw it into the rubbish den in front of her, and the toy was gone forever, another time she kicked the rocking horse, and it went out of the door. The 2 younger ones saw what happened and until today it has been peaceful. [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Any toys I throw away, usually no replacement. 

But now sometimes I see them angry over certain things and answering me in a certain way, I just turn ard and walk away.  [laugh]

• Praise 3

Watch his body now as the anger might focus on inward and do bodily harm like cutting himself etc. very common at this age and I’m seeing more of these cases surface

really? how u know it works unless u do that too? [rolleyes]

Was it good?

Haaaaaa

My eldest daughter once threw her toy on the floor, I pick it up and throw it into the rubbish den in front of her, and the toy was gone forever, another time she kicked the rocking horse, and it went out of the door. The 2 younger ones saw what happened and until today it has been peaceful. [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Any toys I throw away, usually no replacement. 

But now sometimes I see them angry over certain things and answering me in a certain way, I just turn ard and walk away.  [laugh]

Lucky I NEVER kick you, otherwise I also will be out of the door.  :TT_TT:

• Praise 2

Looking at the kind of stresses that children face these days, it is not hard to understand their frustrations and the associated behavior.

Better try restraining the behavior now before it becomes a bigger problem when they grow up.

• Praise 1

Lucky I NEVER kick you, otherwise I also will be out of the door.  :TT_TT:

if you had kicked me, not only out of the door, is also stuck to the wall.  :XD:  [laugh]  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement