Malaysia : Road trip to Batu Pahat

Takuyazzz

Hi guys, thinking of driving up to Batu Pahat, any places of interest and food places to recommend?

I'm planning to go to Glutton Square and the Tua Pek Kong Temple by the sea side, does anyone have the addresses and directions there?

Thanks in advance.

↡ Advertisement

On your trip to Batu Pahat, you can also visit Kluang.

1. Have breakfast at Kluang Railway Station Coffee

2. Visit UK Fam

3. Visit Zenxin Organic Park

4. Eat at Ah See Wan Tan mee at batu pahat

5. Shop at The Summit at batu pahat

6. Ship Village seafood near the Tua Pek Kong temple.

summit shopping centre

batu pahat mall

Square 1

ah see wanton mee

just 2 streets away, got the ice kacang...

then u can try lao zhi hao ban mian also (but this shop always closed)....

if u are near the square 1 mall, u can look for this stall

zhu xiao di pork rib noodles

the noodles very solid...very Q

Then can also try popo mama receipe....

inside BATU Pahat mall, got one small stall, selling the bubble tea, just in front of this pizza hut

try their house receipe, BEST!!

even better than KOI....

Edited by Byond

Can try the kopi and otak with bread...like those type of old shool bakery shop.

Along the road further down from the store... road side shop... but damn crowded 1...

Forgot the exact address...

wah thanks for all the recommendations.

Can I ask, where is this Ah See Wanton mee?

Also, i read that there is this place like a hawker centre which sells a lot of food, some call it glutton square, anyone knows where it is?

1 last question (paiseh), i'll be staying at Landmark hotel, cos crystal inn is fully booked, around my hotel got any good food or shopping?

wah thanks for all the recommendations.

Can I ask, where is this Ah See Wanton mee?

Also, i read that there is this place like a hawker centre which sells a lot of food, some call it glutton square, anyone knows where it is?

1 last question (paiseh), i'll be staying at Landmark hotel, cos crystal inn is fully booked, around my hotel got any good food or shopping?

Ah See Wanton mee is at Jalan Jerenang, the same row as OCBC. It is a few shops beside the OCBC.

I think the place you mention is the hawker centre at Jalan Shahbandar (near the juction of Jalan Rahmat), on the same road there is a place selling Satay. However, when I was there in the afternoon, not much stalls is open. I think the Satay only open at night. I also try searching high and low on the Internet for this place when I first visit Batu Pahat in June this year. I park my car at the carpark beside The Store Supermarket and walk around the town (that time staying at Crystal Inn, quite far from the main town area).

I will be going Batu Pahat again this Sat for day trip. However, this time round I will only stop for lunch at Ah See Wanton mee and proceed to the Ship Village Seafood and the temple. Initially, I plan to shop at the Summit. However, since Ikennyg said New Pacific Mall is bigger, will visit New Pacific instead.

Summit is similar to our Far East Plaza,

got pirated Dvds, small shops...etc...

abit run down but quite established

BP Mall, is like our IMM...

New facilities, but do take note...

even though its bigger, but nothing fantastic...

U can shop inside the Pacific mall,

level 1 for food and groceries, similar to our Giant...

level 2 for clothings

level 3 is cinema..if i rem correctly

Try the bubble tea stall, newly opened, just in front of the pizza hut...

try their house brand...

very very nice

even nicer than the Sg KOI brand

Crystal Inn parking is safe

they got one security guard looking after your car...dont worry too much about it

just opposite the crystal Inn, is a seaview restuarant?

both this restuarant and crystal inn...same owner, i heard

wow sounds like there are some things in batu pahat after all! always thought that batu pahat is just a small town with shophouses only! (well, that is what it sounds to me la) :P

but how do i get to batu pahat? the same highway to melaka? if so, which exit?

Seaview restaurant opp Crystal Inn serve good food!

Was there last weekend. Remember this restaurant is also famous for their "Kong Bah Pao".

Glutton Square should be beside a small stream or river.

Must definitely try out these list of food there:

- Kang Kong cuttle fish RM$4-5

- Tau Kua Pok RM$2 for 2 pieces

- Rojak RM$2-3

- oyster omelet RM$5 (cant recall)

- wanton noodle (next to the oyster omelet store)

- Satay looks and smell good, but I didnt try

- Fruit juice (watchout when u order big cup! its Huge!!)

There is also a famous chendol store in batu pahat only serving chendol and nothing else.

Chendol at this store is the best I have tried so far. Only RM$1 per bowl.

Sorry I dont have the address to this store but its owner is indian.

There is also a good indian rojak store in BP. Sorry I also dont have the address (had a local guide when I was there).

The indian rojak here is so nice, it is unlike the indian rojak we have in Spore.

But I was told only the rojak is the best, the mee goreng and other stuff can forgot.

lots of good food up north.

Back from my day trip to Batu Pahat last Sat.

Went by 2nd link, reach Singapore custom at around 7.30am, no jam at Singapore custom but was caught in the jam for 2.5hrs at Malaysia custom.

Visited UK Farm, RM$10/person for the farm tour.

Zenxin Organic farm, bicycle rental at RM$8 for 2 hours. However, the cycling route is up and down slope. I had to get down and push my bike on every up slope. Not recommend to cycle there. Also the bike is not in good condition.

Ship Village Seafood, openeing hours 10.30am to 10.30pm. Cheap and good.

Visited the BP mall, the parking is free. Indeed it is bigger than the Summit.

Just came back from my trip last weekend too...

Ship village: as mentioned, cheap and good..had 2 salted egg crabs, hotplate tofu (delicious!), kangkung + all the tea, rice etc..only rm60+ for 2 pax

Chong Long temple: just beside ship village. Loved it there...can take many photos, touch the fishes...

Summit: i find it very rundown already compared to many years back...maybe cos the store has moved out..nothing much to see..

BP mall: better to shop than summit, its more or less like the aeon malls u find in tebrau or bukit indah..i watched tron legacy 3d there..the glasses they provide are much better than the lousy ones we use here...

going back there soon cos i left ipad charger at the hotel..haha...this time round won't be staying, going to try seaview restaurant and maybe the wanton mee...limited stomach space but so much to try....

Batu Pahat suppose to have some nice briyani stall. I tried the one called Power Briyani, which was nothing to shout for. Singapore can find better ones.

↡ Advertisement