Malaysia : Road trip to Batu Pahat

Takuyazzz

Wah... Singaporeans are moving up north as the price increase from Johor Bahru onwards. After Batu Pahat will it be Muar? Kluang?

Anyway.... BP is still a place to get cheaper and better food. Not much of a shopping haven.

↡ Advertisement

Wah... Singaporeans are moving up north as the price increase from Johor Bahru onwards. After Batu Pahat will it be Muar? Kluang?

Anyway.... BP is still a place to get cheaper and better food. Not much of a shopping haven.

ya...agree on this...its also a good place to go to if u wanna relax...not as hectic and touristy as malacca...

if u drive there, can also do your wheel alignment & balancing. they have many tire shops with up to date equipment. not expensive. cheaper than jb also. hv been there to do some specific car servicing at my friend's gd old friends' shops.

if u drive there, can also do your wheel alignment & balancing. they have many tire shops with up to date equipment. not expensive. cheaper than jb also. hv been there to do some specific car servicing at my friend's gd old friends' shops.

You are right. Done my off wheel balancing and alignment there cost only Rm$35. As i'm driving a bimmer the rims can't rotate because of different size. Only can rotate the tire which mean the mechanic take out the tire from the rims and rotate. For Rm$35 it dirty cheap. In here alignment & balancing S$50 and labour to rotate tire S$35=S$85.

Off course I not purposely drive there to do the alignment. Just on the way back saw so many tire shop and since I have done my last rotation 1 year ago and thought why not try the services. From what I know they only have the alignment spec for common car model found in Malaysia. My friends want do the alignment for his volkwagen golf but told the system don't have the alignment spec.

On your trip to Batu Pahat, you can also visit Kluang.

1. Have breakfast at Kluang Railway Station Coffee

2. Visit UK Fam

3. Visit Zenxin Organic Park

4. Eat at Ah See Wan Tan mee at batu pahat

5. Shop at The Summit at batu pahat

6. Ship Village seafood near the Tua Pek Kong temple.

Wah u got so many places to go at BP.

I sud hv asked u last time i went there. I only went to a pub at my hotel n had a massage n visited a famous temple n had a nice dinner at a restaurant beside e temple.

But had some nice local food there. Good n cheap. But my 2 day stay was quite enjoyable. Bought some cheap fresh coconuts along e way back. Reminds me of SG >40 years back.

Actually i dont mind another trip there soon. [rolleyes]

Edited by Pisces69

There is this restaurant about 2 traffic junctions before reaching the police station - Kia Hiang.

Try their Hokkien Orr Mee and their Belachan Beehoon...

Also, at the 2nd entrance to Taman Bkt Mutiara, the malay satay is damn good.

Wah u got so many places to go at BP.

I sud hv asked u last time i went there. I only went to a pub at my hotel n had a massage n visited a famous temple n had a nice dinner at a restaurant beside e temple.

But had some nice local food there. Good n cheap. But my 2 day stay was quite enjoyable. Bought some cheap fresh coconuts along e way back. Reminds me of SG >40 years back.

Actually i dont mind another trip there soon. [rolleyes]

bro, are u driving a chevy? your nick looks familiar... [:p]

heh...from tcs forum...but i seldom post there la..

Yup thats me. Team Chevy Singapore n Also Toyota Cars Singapore a long time ago.

I go in fm time to time but hv not visited fr quite some time already. [blush]

go NSHW

then exit ayer hitam / batu pahat toll...

then after the toll, turn left...

watch out for the road sign showing batu pahat

travel approx 20 to 30 mins on small road, all the way straight....

u will see BP mall after 20 to 30 mins on ur right

very straight forward

Summit is in the direction of BP hospital....

Square one mall is inbetween BP mall and summit

very interesting. nvr had any intention to visit batu pahat. like a bro said earlier, always tot its jus a small rural town is kampungs. but seems like there's quite a bit to do.

Neutral Newbie

http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel/Asia/...Batu_Pahat.html

there are several hotel inside Batu Pahat, Crystal Inn ( next to Summit Mall), Garden Hotel ( close to the downtown), Katerina Hotel ( the best in BP), Carnival hotel ( close to the Ma Chou Miao, next to the famous Kuai Chap), Landmark hotel ( close to the BP star walk, at night u can go to the padang and nearby starwalk foodstall) etc..

i suggest you skip the rest of the hotels and go for Katerina.

Its about RM170++ per room night...

If you are an early bird and decide to skip the hotel's buffet breakfast for some local fare, head for the market near Carnival hotel, the carrot cakes, kueys and the curry mee are really nice.

God i miss the food there...

Edited by Acanthus

Bro, after clearing Johore Customs, how long is the travelling time to BP town centre? assuming running at legal speed limit. thks!

Edited by Charliebrown
↡ Advertisement